Another Chris Mortenson Comment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Chris Mortenson Comment

rafael said:
IMO Buffalo has an outside chance at the playoffs. They're much less likely to make the playoffs than Miami. As much as I like Vincent, he's declining and I think their takes a step back. I also think that Bledsoe is a horrible fit for the three step drop O they're talking about using. I expect them to finish about the same as last season.

The Bills are very much a contender, that D is as good as any, and if Drew gets the 3-5 foot step down, Moulds can break tackles as he's shown in the past, they also have a speed reciever in Evans and Reed was a good 3rd if he doesn't hold off Evans. Plus they have Henry in the backfield who gets a 1000 even behind their OL,,plus this OL will be playing together for another year, which should give them some continuity..I would say yea, this can be a division winner or at least playoff contender. They're problem like ours is depth, we have more depth on the D than they do..We might be the same as theirs on the O, which they can't afford to have any injuries on the O or D. They may argue that the RB position is deep, I say Mcgee has to play first. Henry's shown the ability to be a good back in this league.

BillsCA said:
Yea Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Lawyer, Clements, Troy, Shoebel. I think the bills have a much better chance then the phins have at the playoffs this year, a questions mark at QB for you guys and who is your OC a TE coach? And everyone knows what Wanny brings to the table. :roflmao:

Now I am not saying we are 100% playoff bound but to disregard them as a playoff team before training camp.... :confused:
never heard of them :confused:

to bills ca

BillsCA said:
Yea Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Lawyer, Clements, Troy, Shoebel. I think the bills have a much better chance then the phins have at the playoffs this year, a questions mark at QB for you guys and who is your OC a TE coach? And everyone knows what Wanny brings to the table. :roflmao:

Now I am not saying we are 100% playoff bound but to disregard them as a playoff team before training camp.... :confused:

chambers is comparable to moulds, ricky is better than henry, seau and zach compare with spikes, even though zach is a ml, i'll take sam and pat over troy and clements, and shoebel? gimme a break man. i could be mistaken, but isnt he the tight end? if he is, mcmichael is better.

dol_fan_in_tamp said:
chambers is comparable to moulds, ricky is better than henry, seau and zach compare with spikes, even though zach is a ml, i'll take sam and pat over troy and clements, and shoebel? gimme a break man. i could be mistaken, but isnt he the tight end? if he is, mcmichael is better.
Took the words right out of my mouth !!!

I dont see whats so wrong about that comment. I dont agree with him but it is the safe choice considering what we have done the past 2 years

BillsCA said:

Wow, what an awful post. All thoose superstars the Fins have a better one or equal at there respective position. Moulds and Chambers are equal, Ricky is better then Henry, Zach and Seau are equal to Spikes, Clements and Vincent got nothing on Pat and Sam...Schobels a loser, and has 0 on JT and Wale. All u got is Lawyer on us. We also got better depth on defence, better DT's....and now ur going to talk about coaches:roflmao: . U have an OL coach for a HEAD COACH!!! We have a TE Coach for OC, how can u say Mularkeys betetr then Wanny. Is it Mularkeys years odf head coaching experience:lol: ?

All Mort is good for is nothing. ESPN always manages to put the worst possible football people in top positions, in efforts of making themselves look even more stupid then the previous year. And Mort has to stay on as years go by, saying stupid stuff like this, and getting his big pay check.

BillsCA said:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FlyingElvis: "I believe the way the Bills are attempting to solve this is to go to more 3 and 5 step drops. Instead of the 7 step drops he's used to with Gilbride's system. Get rid of the ball faster. Sounds good, except the problem with this is, its not well suited to Bledsoe's talent. He just does not read defenses all that well or quickly."

I'm not so sure about that. I haven't heard anything about the number of steps he takes. I know the coaching staff is doing two things for certain. 1. They have symplified the system. Under Gilbride's system every receiver on every play had multiple options that depended on what the defensive player covering was doing. Even the outlet receiver had multiple options. The quarterback's responsibility was to read what every receiver saw and know the option they would take. While Drew Bledsoe is no dummy, he is, as you suggested, not the fastest QB in the league at reading defences and the complexity of the system was just too much for him. Mularkey and Clements for the most part went through the playbook, broke down film and threw out the stuff that didn't work, then reduced the number of options that QB and WR were looking at on every play. Then, I know, they added some new wrinkles of their own. The theory is that with less that he has to read he can read it more quickly. 2. They have been doing drills with Drew to try and get his internal clock ticking again, so it becomes automatic that if the primary and secondary receivers are not open within a set number of seconds he will throw either to his outlet, or throw the ball away. Word is they used an actual clock of some kind in drills.

This is the kind of discussion I love. It's not about saying, "My team is better than your team," but rather breaking down and talking in laymen's the nuts and bolts of what teams are trying to do to succeed. We don't know it what Buffalo's doing will work, but it seems the logical way to go about it given that they have decided to stay with Drew for at least the coming season.

=BillsCA Yea Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Lawyer, Clements, Troy, Shoebel. I think the bills have a much better chance then the phins have at the playoffs this year
Hum seems like those guy's didn't do much for YOUR goats last season....

Why should this season be ANY different ?

:roflmao:

:lol:

Marino1983

why does everyone jump down a reporter's throat for making his opnion. It's true, Feeley is a project, and doesn't like he's the starter. It's true, our o-line has chemistry problems. It's true, Boston is a mystery. We aren't a playoff team yet.

but just like the Phins, the Bills are just as skeptical. They added, imo the ROY if he went to a good QB team, Evans. But can you prove to me that Bledsoe, RB, o-line, WR can work together? Can you prove to me that their defense is going to be as dominanting?

Marino1983 said:
=BillsCA Yea Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Lawyer, Clements, Troy, Shoebel. I think the bills have a much better chance then the phins have at the playoffs this year
Hum seems like those guy's didn't do much for YOUR goats last season....

Why should this season be ANY different ?

:roflmao:

:lol:

Marino1983

Shoebel(sp?), Spikes, Clements were pretty good last year. What were you watching?

blingbling2334 said:
Shoebel(sp?), Spikes, Clements were pretty good last year. What were you watching?
They were good, but u obviously missed the point. U can say how good they r all u want, but whered it get em last year? Hes saying tht thoose awesome playrs managed a 6-10 record:D

Back
Top Bottom