Another Direction | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Direction

i think minny would steal the rams cookies on blackmon at #2...i really do...leaving the rams with claiborne at #3...at #4 jax i would NOT sleep on them going qb...gabberts dreadful i wouldn't bet my future on that kid barkleys in play but so is coples...washington i'm having a hard time figuring out...some think barkleys not in play there but i'm not so sure thats the case...they could also be the trade out team in the top 5

Stole my thunder...

Yeah. I think Blackmon would go to Minny, but then Rams might go Kalil too...Clairborne is an option as well. I think Jax will go Coples, but Barkley would be tough to pass up. I think Wash would def take him if he fell to 5 though. Philly I dont really know what they need...Kalil probably if St Louis went with Claiborne

the rams have a left tackle they took with the top pick of the 2nd round 2 years ago they like already so i can't see them going kalil that high

minny i could see kalil to but i mean i'm not sure kalils been dominant enough consistently to warrant the #2 pick...i think they'd love to get blackmon for ponder...

phillys getting awesome play from jason peters at left tackle...so i don't think he's in play there

Just threw this together. I can see Jax going Barkley though...I really can. Gabbert is not even showing flashes.

Philly could go Jeffries or Floyd if they let Desean Jackson walk...also no Coples in the top 10?? 8 is a crappy pick to be at..were missing out on the top talent. I do like Upshaw though...hed be a great fit

i think minny would steal the rams cookies on blackmon at #2...i really do...leaving the rams with claiborne at #3...at #4 jax i would NOT sleep on them going qb...gabberts dreadful i wouldn't bet my future on that kid barkleys in play but so is coples...washington i'm having a hard time figuring out...some think barkleys not in play there but i'm not so sure thats the case...they could also be the trade out team in the top 5

i think it would be the other way around. The Vikings could very well take Claiborne since their defense is horrible. If the Vikings take an offensive player I think it would be Kahlil or Reiff. Maybe they even trade down to get a second rounder and take DeCastro in the middle of the first round.

i think it would be the other way around. The Vikings could very well take Claiborne since their defense is horrible. If the Vikings take an offensive player I think it would be Kahlil or Reiff. Maybe they even trade down to get a second rounder and take DeCastro in the middle of the first round.

could be...i can see all of those scenarios you're presenting...sure can...but if the vikes were to take a tackle it has to be a left tackle fit that high...kalil would seem the one to me...but yeah vikes claiborne maybe also cause despite some young cbs in house off high picks the return hasn't been great...

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Philly could go Jeffries or Floyd if they let Desean Jackson walk...also no Coples in the top 10?? 8 is a crappy pick to be at..were missing out on the top talent. I do like Upshaw though...hed be a great fit

thats what i'm thinking also

Hoops who would you take for us at 8..no trades. Im going Upshaw or Jenkins I think...or Jeffries if he was there.

I actually think the Phins would be better off taking Floyd over Jeffries. Jeffries is more in B-Marsh's mold as a possession receiver, Floyd offers more as a deep threat and would give Miami a more complete WR corp.

I actually think the Phins would be better off taking Floyd over Jeffries. Jeffries is more in B-Marsh's mold as a possession receiver, Floyd offers more as a deep threat and would give Miami a more complete WR corp.
I do like Floyd..and I see your point. But I think the separation between Jeffries and Floyd as prospects would lead me to take Jeffries regardless. Plus Im not ready to give up on Gates as a deep threat after 1 year.

Also..jeffery is having a down year...but last year his ypc was pretty high I believe

The Jags will have trouble winning another game this season. Even the Indy game in Week 17...I don't think they win it, especially not that Dan Orlovsky has taken over at QB for the Colts. It's not the Vikings that are going to "steal the Rams cookies" on Justin Blackmon. It's the Jaguars.

The Vikings and even Rams seem likely, to me, to each win one more game. If the Rams don't win this week against the Seahawks, they could end up facing a 49ers team on New Years Day that has all their backups in as both the 49ers and Packers have already clinched the playoffs. The 49ers play the Seahawks and Cardinals, should have no trouble winning those two games. They're in competition with the Saints for a bye week, and have a one win lead on them. But the Saints play Tennessee, Minnesota, Atlanta and Carolina, and they won't find any of those opponents easy meat. All three of the Saints' losses are conference losses, whereas only one of the 49ers two losses was a conference loss. The chances are good that the 49ers will walk into that Week 17 game against the Rams knowing they could lose the game and not have it affect them, and pulling their starters accordingly. Meanwhile the Vikings are playing well enough with Christian Ponder that they're able to give pretty much anyone they face a run. No game remaining is unwinnable, and as a matter of fact two games look like shoe-ins..the Washington game and the Chicago game. They would even beat the Lions this weekend as the Lions are slumping.

If the Vikings and Rams both win at least one more game they will be picking behind the Jaguars, and IMO the Jaguars are going to take Justin Blackmon.

Don't get caught up thinking the Jaguars are going to take a QB. That's not going to happen. Book that. They gave a contract extension to General Manager Gene Smith as a part of the Del Rio firing and the sale of the team to the new owner. Gene Smith was the driving force behind the trade up for Gabbert. In fact, there's more than a little suggestion that Smith fired Del Rio early, instead of waiting for the season to be over, because Del Rio benched Gabbert in the 4th quarter. Whatever people think of Gabbert, and I agree it's hard to like him at this point, it doesn't matter. He's a Jaguar and they're not replacing him in the 2012 Draft. Get that one out of your minds.

I think Philadelphia would be a natural destination for Michael Floyd, who I expect to be the #2 WR taken in this Draft. The word on the street is the Eagles will retain Andy Reid if he gets rid of Juan Castillo and DeSean Jackson. If that happens, Floyd would fit right in Jackson's place. He doesn't have a squeaky clean character (DUI arrests) but Reid has shown that he believes he can help people with slightly troubled pasts (see: Vick). As long as he doesn't have DeSean Jackson's primadonna personality, which I don't think he does, then I think Floyd would be a fit for them.

Once the Jaguars "steal the Rams' cookies" on Justin Blackmon, to use hoops words, if the Rams are picking above the Vikings (which I expect they will) then the smart call would be Mo Claiborne. They've been putting Justin King on perimeter coverage all year and it's been an absolute disaster. Now that they have traded for Brandon Lloyd, the passing game doesn't look as awful as it did. Don't get me wrong, they need weapons, but they can focus on free agency to get those weapons...or some guys in the 2nd round like Dwight Jones. Greg Salas played terrible for the first month of the season as a rookie but really turned a 180 before he got hurt. He'll come back. I don't know that they'll be desperate enough about the WR position to force the pick on a player that is inferior to Claiborne.

The Vikings need secondary help. I think that if Mo Claiborne makes it to wherever they end up picking, that's where he will go. But it will be between Claiborne and Matt Kalil, IMO...and seeing as how the Vikings have three winnable games left on the schedule and the Rams will pick higher, they might be looking at Matt Kalil with Mo Claiborne being unavailable.

I still have some trouble seeing Washington fall in love with Matt Barkley. Don't be surprised actually if it's the Redskins that end up the team that is willing to trade with us so that we can take Barkley. I just don't see Matt being Mike Shanahan's bag. Shanahan has always fallen in love with the big, strong, fast, big-armed guys that can stretch every blade of grass in his system. I see Ryan Tannehill as his target...MAYBE RG3...but not Barkley.

Carolina could go for some secondary help for sure. But Claiborne is not going to be there for them. They have the worst defensive tackle duo in football. Dontari Poe is a physical freak mammoth and he's already interviewing agents. I don't know yet if it's the smartest pick, because I haven't fully worked on Poe, but I could see it being Carolina's pick. Poe's one of the strongest men in college football but I would have to take a stronger look before I can tell you if it translates well on teh field. I like Brandon Thompson a lot.

I think Trent Richardson to Cleveland is actually a good shout. They're losing Peyton Hillis, they don't like his attitude. Mike Holmgren knows from his Seattle days how valuable a truly dominant tailback can be, and in Pat Shurmur's offense they really do count on the tailback being able to get a lot of hard yards. Cleveland might go after Matt Flynn in free agency.

I could see Tampa going for Alshon Jeffery. They will definitely win at least one more game this year. But the coverage has been terrible in the secondary. Ronde Barber is reaching the end of his road, he's more of a coach now than a valid player. Aqib Talib isn't reliable to stay on the field. I could see this coming down to Alshon Jeffery, or Michael Floyd if he's availbable, or Alfonzo Dennard who would be perfect in their system.

I see the Jags going for Blackmon. they have nothing at receiver and I wouldn't be surprised if they went winless the rest of the way.

The Jags will have trouble winning another game this season. Even the Indy game in Week 17...I don't think they win it, especially not that Dan Orlovsky has taken over at QB for the Colts. It's not the Vikings that are going to "steal the Rams cookies" on Justin Blackmon. It's the Jaguars.

The Vikings and even Rams seem likely, to me, to each win one more game. If the Rams don't win this week against the Seahawks, they could end up facing a 49ers team on New Years Day that has all their backups in as both the 49ers and Packers have already clinched the playoffs. The 49ers play the Seahawks and Cardinals, should have no trouble winning those two games. They're in competition with the Saints for a bye week, and have a one win lead on them. But the Saints play Tennessee, Minnesota, Atlanta and Carolina, and they won't find any of those opponents easy meat. All three of the Saints' losses are conference losses, whereas only one of the 49ers two losses was a conference loss. The chances are good that the 49ers will walk into that Week 17 game against the Rams knowing they could lose the game and not have it affect them, and pulling their starters accordingly. Meanwhile the Vikings are playing well enough with Christian Ponder that they're able to give pretty much anyone they face a run. No game remaining is unwinnable, and as a matter of fact two games look like shoe-ins..the Washington game and the Chicago game. They would even beat the Lions this weekend as the Lions are slumping.

If the Vikings and Rams both win at least one more game they will be picking behind the Jaguars, and IMO the Jaguars are going to take Justin Blackmon.

Don't get caught up thinking the Jaguars are going to take a QB. That's not going to happen. Book that. They gave a contract extension to General Manager Gene Smith as a part of the Del Rio firing and the sale of the team to the new owner. Gene Smith was the driving force behind the trade up for Gabbert. In fact, there's more than a little suggestion that Smith fired Del Rio early, instead of waiting for the season to be over, because Del Rio benched Gabbert in the 4th quarter. Whatever people think of Gabbert, and I agree it's hard to like him at this point, it doesn't matter. He's a Jaguar and they're not replacing him in the 2012 Draft. Get that one out of your minds.

I think Philadelphia would be a natural destination for Michael Floyd, who I expect to be the #2 WR taken in this Draft. The word on the street is the Eagles will retain Andy Reid if he gets rid of Juan Castillo and DeSean Jackson. If that happens, Floyd would fit right in Jackson's place. He doesn't have a squeaky clean character (DUI arrests) but Reid has shown that he believes he can help people with slightly troubled pasts (see: Vick). As long as he doesn't have DeSean Jackson's primadonna personality, which I don't think he does, then I think Floyd would be a fit for them.

Once the Jaguars "steal the Rams' cookies" on Justin Blackmon, to use hoops words, if they're picking above the Vikings (which I expect they will) then the smart call would be Mo Claiborne. They've been putting Justin King on perimeter coverage all year and it's been an absolute disaster. Now that they have traded for Brandon Lloyd, the passing game doesn't look as awful as it did. Don't get me wrong, they need weapons, but they can focus on free agency to get those weapons...or some guys in the 2nd round like Dwight Jones. Greg Salas played terrible for the first month of the season as a rookie but really turned a 180 before he got hurt. He'll come back. I don't know that they'll be desperate enough about the WR position to force the pick on a player that is inferior to Claiborne.

The Vikings need secondary help. I think that if Mo Claiborne makes it to wherever they end up picking, that's where he will go. But it will be between Claiborne and Matt Kalil, IMO...and seeing as how the Vikings have three winnable games left on the schedule and the Rams will pick higher, they might be looking at Matt Kalil with Mo Claiborne being unavailable.

I still have some trouble seeing Washington fall in love with Matt Barkley. Don't be surprised actually if it's the Redskins that end up the team that is willing to trade with us so that we can take Barkley. I just don't see Matt being Mike Shanahan's bag. Shanahan has always fallen in love with the big, strong, fast, big-armed guys that can stretch every blade of grass in his system. I see Ryan Tannehill as his target...MAYBE RG3...but not Barkley.

Carolina could go for some secondary help for sure. But Claiborne is not going to be there for them. They have the worst defensive tackle duo in football. Dontari Poe is a physical freak mammoth and he's already interviewing agents. I don't know yet if it's the smartest pick, because I haven't fully worked on Poe, but I could see it being Carolina's pick. Poe's one of the strongest men in college football but I would have to take a stronger look before I can tell you if it translates well on teh field. I like Brandon Thompson a lot.

I think Trent Richardson to Cleveland is actually a good shout. They're losing Peyton Hillis, they don't like his attitude. Mike Holmgren knows from his Seattle days how valuable a truly dominant tailback can be, and in Pat Shurmur's offense they really do count on the tailback being able to get a lot of hard yards. Cleveland might go after Matt Flynn in free agency.

I could see Tampa going for Alshon Jeffery. They will definitely win at least one more game this year. But the coverage has been terrible in the secondary. Ronde Barber is reaching the end of his road, he's more of a coach now than a valid player. Aqib Talib isn't realiable to stay on the field. I could see this coming down to Alshon Jeffery, or Michael Floyd if he's availbable, or Alfonzo Dennard who would be perfect in their system.

all valid...still shocked the jags would go another season with gabbert when a top 5 prospect like barkley could be staring them in the face...but just so you know the exercise was a top 10 pick mock as it currently stands...so as it stands i could see minny taking blackmon at #2...i could also see claiborne there also...seems to me kalil at that current #2 spot is too rich though... i know this things gonna be fluid the next 4 weeks though...

anyways...as it stands miami picks #8 lets just say for exercise purposes luck barkley blackmon claiborne are all gone which is very possible and imo very likely...who's your guy at #8??? what says the rest of you???

i'm still pondering mine...

I know...it's probably not the right thing for them to do, to stick with Gabbert...but it's going to happen.

Let's see so you're saying Miami is at #8 and Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Justin Blackmon and Mo Claiborne are all gone. I hate to cop out but it's impossible to know who I'd pick without knowing what's happening with our systems offensively and defensively.

If we're assuming both systems stay the same, then I would probably lean toward Courtney Upshaw, who is an animal and will probably be a better complete football player for the defense than Cameron Wake.

But that presupposes that I'm able to get Brandon Weeden with my 2nd round pick. If I have any question whether that could happen or whether he'll make it to that pick...then I have to do something with the 1st round pick to make sure I get the right quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom