Another Direction | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Direction

theres a little bit of a buyer beware with coples imo but the talent and upside warrants a top 10 pick all day long...like ck said there's some inconsistency there that gets me nervous

If they take Weedon, does he immediately start due to his age? Or, do they start season with Moore? Obviously, preseason performance is a huge factor, so this may be a stupid, unanswerable question.

Also, I don't think I have seen you comment on Moore. Thoughts? "Good backup?"

Best man wins. Simple as that. If Matt Moore is outplaying him so be it but I can guarantee there will come a time when Matt Moore is frustrating you and Brandon Weeden is looking so good in practice that you will make the decision to go ahead and put Weeden in the game...and I don't think he'll disappoint when he does get in there.

There honestly are not very many elite level prospects in this Draft.

Mo Claiborne looks like one. Justin Blackmon is definitely one. Trent Richardson is definitely one. Matt Barkley and Andrew Luck are elite level QB prospects. Dave DeCastro is an elite level G prospect. I believe Coutrney Upshaw to be an elite level OLB prospect, he'll play that way at the next level IMO. And finally, there's Quinton Coples. He is in my mind the 8th and final elite level prospect.

Guys like Brandon Thompson and Matt Kalil, I like, but I'm not even sure I'd say they're more than borderline as far as being elite level talent prospects. Michael Floyd is, in my opinion, similarly a borderline elite level guy. As are Alfonzo Dennard, Cam Johnson and Alshon Jeffery.

Best man wins. Simple as that. If Matt Moore is outplaying him so be it but I can guarantee there will come a time when Matt Moore is frustrating you and Brandon Weeden is looking so good in practice that you will make the decision to go ahead and put Weeden in the game...and I don't think he'll disappoint when he does get in there.

I like Weedon. The age is a bit of a bummer, but that is obvious. Pretty much settled on Barkley and would like to see the organization make it work - even if it is costly.

man...i just cannot get down with cam johnson borderline elite level prospect...it just doesn't do it for me

Sitting at 8 is a very tough spot to be in.. I think we end up around 12 by seasons end which idk if that makes it easier or harder yet.. I'm currently on the Barkley bandwagon so I would like to see us move up to make sure he is our pick. CK I respect what you say about washington not really wanting him due to size and everything but I would still be scared that they take him if we leave that up to chance. I want to see us be aggressive and get him.

However, if we do stay put and lets say for sake of argument we end up picking 8 and MO and Blackmon (whom I love as well) and Barkley are all gone, then it becomes so much harder.

I am wondering if depending on how it all worked out, could we maybe trade down with Cleveland so they can get Trent Richardson and we drop a few spots and in exchange get their second 1st rounder?? if maybe we swapped our first and second for their two 1sts and then got Weeden with the late first (wherever Atlanta ends up) just a thought?..

If we cannot get a top three QB (and I would say this is Luck, Barkley and RG3), then you have to look at maybe doing a trade down, or going with someone besides a QB. I think Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama would draw a lot of interest if he was still on the board when we pick. I don't really see any TE that is a sure thing first rounder, so I wouldn't risk taking one in round one. Trading for Flynn, Mallett or an other QB would also be an option, or looking at Peyton Manning if he recovers from his neck injury...a big if, right now. If Matt Moore has a good final four games I think we probably finish 6-10 or better, which probably puts us in the #12-#15 draft range. I guess all we can do is take a wait-and-see outlook.

I could see Kalil in play for Carolina, although they don't need him as they have one of the best OL in the league in my opinion. However, if they kick Otah inside to guard and had Kalil at RT, or even switched him and Gross around, talk about a scary line. When you combine that with the fact that his brother is already there as well, it seems like a little bit more of a possibility.

However, if we do stay put and lets say for sake of argument we end up picking 8 and MO and Blackmon (whom I love as well) and Barkley are all gone, then it becomes so much harder.

I am wondering if depending on how it all worked out, could we maybe trade down with Cleveland so they can get Trent Richardson and we drop a few spots and in exchange get their second 1st rounder?? if maybe we swapped our first and second for their two 1sts and then got Weeden with the late first (wherever Atlanta ends up) just a thought?..

Would be a great thought but, I will be shocked if Cleveland ended up with a lower pick than us. We have the same record at the moment.

Thats the one problem I found with that idea.. I do think they end up drafting ahead of us but they do hold the tie-breaker if we end up tied..

the one problem other than us not getting Barkley of course.

i'm a non believer also that cleveland is not looking at trading up for a qb either in this draft...although i can say i'd much rather have mccoy than gabbert...mccoy made 3 bad mistakes tonight 2 of which you just can't let happen late on a potential game winning drive...the sack and 10 yard loss at the 5 yard line going in for the winning score cannot happen and the decision to throw late to the pylon balls got to be out coming out of the break...horrid int...

if i'm miami though i'm still worried at least about jax and cleveland when it comes to qbs in this upcoming draft...

Back
Top Bottom