Another Direction | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Direction

here's an article that goes against the "take it to the bank" jax will not draft a qb with their top pick in 2012...

http://www.jaguarsblog.com/sunk-costs-for-a-sinking-franchise/#.Tt_MBUffc_I

I wouldn't call it an article so much as an opinion piece from a guy I converse with on twitter every other day. He disagrees with me that the Jags are definitely off the QB market. That's fine. He doesn't have any sources or real backing, nor do I, it's just his opinion versus mine, and I'm personally pretty sure that I'm right.

If we're in Hayden Fox mode and our opinions don't count unless we cite some "expert" then I would submit that very recently Michael Lombardi touched on the subject and said almost exactly what I've been saying, word for word...that the next Head Coach of the Jaguars will be a guy that is viewed to be able to save Gabbert's career. He was asked a follow up yeah but what if the next Head Coach is not a guy that believes in Gabbert, and Lombardi shot back exactly what I've been answering to that question, which is that belief in Gabbert will be a condition of the next Head Coach's hire and if they're interviewing a guy that doesn't believe in Gabbert, he won't get the job.

i'm a non believer also that cleveland is not looking at trading up for a qb either in this draft...although i can say i'd much rather have mccoy than gabbert...mccoy made 3 bad mistakes tonight 2 of which you just can't let happen late on a potential game winning drive...the sack and 10 yard loss at the 5 yard line going in for the winning score cannot happen and the decision to throw late to the pylon balls got to be out coming out of the break...horrid int...

if i'm miami though i'm still worried at least about jax and cleveland when it comes to qbs in this upcoming draft...

I agree and I've said all along that Cleveland is a big contender at the QB position, and they could use their picks to trade up. It's a definite possibility. But I also think they're just a little bit more likely to either sign Matt Flynn as a free agent, or go ahead and take a quarterback wherever they are without trading up, than they are to go ahead and lose two 1st round picks acquiring a quarterback in Year 3 of Mike Holmgren's rebuild plan, still needing so much help at WR, RB, DL and OL. It's not wholly unlikely that they trade up and get that QB. It's just a little more likely that they find a way around doing that, than that they do it.

ck blaine gabbert blows and you're gonna see it up front and personnel next thursday at atlanta so get ready...sayin that team is off the qb market in the draft with a brand new owner in house who doesn't care what the previous owner paid gabbert already and has no connection to him and who if he has any idea what he's looking at or gets good advise watching gabbert butcher the position or even listens to his fan base thats over gabbert already imo is at best a 50/50 proposition...and imo at least miami cannot afford to wait around and hope that a team like jax decides to go elsewhere...we need to grab our junk and get proactive for once to go get our qb...period...i'm not sitting around and waiting for anything to fall to me...go get it

I agree and I've said all along that Cleveland is a big contender at the QB position, and they could use their picks to trade up. It's a definite possibility. But I also think they're just a little bit more likely to either sign Matt Flynn as a free agent, or go ahead and take a quarterback wherever they are without trading up, than they are to go ahead and lose two 1st round picks acquiring a quarterback in Year 3 of Mike Holmgren's rebuild plan, still needing so much help at WR, RB, DL and OL. It's not wholly unlikely that they trade up and get that QB. It's just a little more likely that they find a way around doing that, than that they do it.

i think the matt flynn thing your saying has legs...that seems to be a fit for what i see from cleveland as an offense...but how much of an upgrade is that to colt mccoy...imo they're a lot a like but flynns probably the overall better athlete...only way though i'm taking cleveland out of the potential qb trade up hunt is if they acquire flynn...if not i'm scared to death they trump me

b/t ck i'll take my draft opinions and analysis and results over most the so called "experts" any day...so that stuff from hayden fox about quote experts means beans to me...

no...form your own opinions off your own tape study and analysis be willing to stand behind them and i'll respect you a whole lot more than if you just quote mel kiper or todd mcshay or even my personal favorite mike mayock when it comes to draft evaluations...

and peter king...please...i'll run circles around that guy when it comes to actual draft talent evaluations... and so will you and slimm among others here

I really don't think the Jaguars are in the market for a QB and I think we'll see that in their Head Coach hire.

and peter king...please...i'll run circles around that guy when it comes to actual draft talent evaluations... and so will you and slimm among others here

Hell, I dont do any kind of studying except the college games I happen to watch and I feel like I could do better than Peter King talking about the draft. To me he's just a good writer who happens to cover football and has a lot of contacts. He tends to get caught up in stories and what not...hes not really analytical.

if all the top qbs are gone:

Trade down get another pick

1. Vontaze Burfict
2. Brandon Weeden
3. Coby Fleener

I want a beast with the first pick, Burfict and Dansby in the middle with Burnett coming in on 3rd downs and having Dansby possibly rushing? or Burfict rushing? So many options and I really don't want to mess with a tweener type player, I want a legitimate player of his position. Burfict instills fear over the middle, Allowing Dansby to roam and really giving Dansby the opportunity to be a more dynamic player for us. As he said, he can do it all, and I really want him to blitz more.

Weeden is a very solid option for us. I have to say I'm really liking what Matt Moore is doing out there, he makes some really pretty throws. So does Weeden. One thing I really like about Weeden is his pocket awareness. I agree with you CK on if we do take Weeden it instantly becomes a QB battle and the best man wins. And Fleener is just what we need at TE. I really like clay but we need another weapon. This FO seems to love Hartline so drafting a WR is pretty much out of the question, might as well get a seam buster TE with 4.5 speed to add to the arsenal.

the rams have placed 10 damn cbs on ir this year...i didn't even think that was possible...put me down in stone for the rams either going blackmon or claiborne with their top 3 likely pick...in stone

I'm with CK about Jax not looking QB. The GM is staying and he's the one that wanted Gabbert, Del Rio didn't. The new coach will be someone that will accept Gabbert and run with him.

Agreed on StL, Blackmon or Claiborne.

In terms of what we do if we don't get a QB, I still have no idea who we'd look at. You don't draft RT or S in the top 10. Not really any 3-4 OLBs I like there. With a new coaching staff, we might be in for a scheme switch. If that's the case, we could go Coples to get a real 4-3 DE in tow I guess. I'm honestly completely sold on a QB, whether its Luck, Barkley, RGIII, Tannehill, Jones, or Weeden, idc, I'm kinda at the point where I just want us to take one no matter who's available.

t minus 2 hours til gabbert looks like hot garbage at atlanta...

LOL. Probably right.

But I will say this...he had his best two games of the year in his last two outings. That SEEMS like progress, though it could just be an illusion of course. And I'll be damned but I could put together a video of about 10 clips from those two games that would actually make Blaine Gabbert look semi-good dealing with pressure. I know, hard to believe. I would of course have to exclude about 10 other clips, but nonethelesss for a guy that was as awful with pressure for his first 10 games of the season...that's shocking.

I'm a softy. I haven't given up hope for him.

good god gabbert blows...i am so so so so damn glad thats not my qb...i'm sorry but that kids not salvageable...took 2 awful holding the ball sacks on the first drive of the game...kids so afraid of contact yet he won't throw the damn ball away...baffles me...and once again we see him able to step up and climb the pocket bailing to the sideline and what happens a strip sack forced fumble from the back side...

thats something that concerns me about rg3 also...the bailing to the sideline when he could step up or has a clean pocket...thats a red flag if you ask me...but at least rg3's much more elusive than gabbert...that kids just terrible

gabberts bad habits are a part of him...top draft pick BUST

Back
Top Bottom