Another Direction | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Direction

he's so bad i can't believe they haven't brought in a veteran for him to sit behind...my god...i mean can jax really be out of the qb market with their top pick??? i don't see any way how they could feel confident about building around this kid...

b/t guys mayock seems to think billick is the guy for us as our new head coach...

There's no way I'd take that job under the condition that I had to break Blaine Gabbert of his inability to function within the confines of a pocket. Whoever takes that job under those conditions probably wasn't going to be a head coach anywhere else anyway.

Gabbert made a great decision from a financial standpoint to come out last year. His glaring flaws would've been picked apart like Jake Locker was... except Gabbert wouldn't have sniffed the 1st round.

slimm...he's worse than even tyler palko...i didn't even think that was possible...you got to be blind if your in the jax front office and gm to not say we do not have a qb here...i mean its plain as day...there's no damn way i'd want that job as hc or anything else on that offense if i got to work with gabbert...all you're gonna do is get yourself fired and likely not get another shot the results are gonna be so damn bad...

screw that...i'll wait for another opportunity thank you very much...lmao

gabbert will be out of the league in 2 years...book it

good god gabbert blows...i am so so so so damn glad thats not my qb...i'm sorry but that kids not salvageable...took 2 awful holding the ball sacks on the first drive of the game...kids so afraid of contact yet he won't throw the damn ball away...baffles me...and once again we see him able to step up and climb the pocket bailing to the sideline and what happens a strip sack forced fumble from the back side...

thats something that concerns me about rg3 also...the bailing to the sideline when he could step up or has a clean pocket...thats a red flag if you ask me...but at least rg3's much more elusive than gabbert...that kids just terrible

gabberts bad habits are a part of him...top draft pick BUST

Yeah. Pretty bad night. Luckily they're still not drafting a QB.

Mike Mayock and Brian Billick are trying to get into the league together. Billick keeps alluding to wanting Mayock as his GM and this is the first I'm hearing of Mayock endorsing Billick but it makes sense.

On a side note, we could really use Julio 'freak show' Jones about right now... especially when A.J. is staring across at Claiborne and Herbal Badger in about 3 weeks.

Quizz Rodgers is going to make a pretty good change-of-pace back like I thought he would. If you're built solidly enough and can break arm tackles in order to get some yards on your own, being small is to your advantage. He's always had a pair of the best hands out of the backfield I've seen on a running back.

Mike Mayock and Brian Billick are trying to get into the league together. Billick keeps alluding to wanting Mayock as his GM and this is the first I'm hearing of Mayock endorsing Billick but it makes sense.

oh really...mayock ready to give up that cush job with nfl network...interesting

oh really...mayock ready to give up that cush job with nfl network...interesting

He would do it if it were for a General Manager position. It's a dream of his.

To him it wouldn't really be giving much up. He's already easily THE hardest working among the draft analysts that do TV stuff. His work schedule probably wouldn't change much. The big change would be the responsibility, having to live or die with your choices.

Brian Billick is rumored to be on Miami's radar, though Bill Cowher and Jeff Fisher were/will be the first two coaching prospects contacted. It's interesting. I'd like to see Jeff Ireland gone. And I'm a fan of Mayock even if he didn't like Cam Newton last year, even if he did have Blaine Gabbert as his #1 QB. If Miami hired Brian Billick you can damn well bet he would push hard to try and get Mayock hired in place of Ireland after the Draft. Not a huge fan of Billick as the Head Coach but I'm a big enough fan of Mayock as a General Manager that I would consider it.

With Mayock as a General Manager, no personnel decision would be made (or not made) out of laziness. Everything would be tape-based, not who knows who-based. Everything would be thoroughly investigated and debated. There would be no roster negligence. The biggest question is, would Mayock make the right decision at quarterback? Though Blaine Gabbert ended up being his best rated QB in the 2011 Draft, I don't think he ended up with him being very highly rated period (didn't like the QB class), and it's good to note that he was easily as high on Matt Ryan in the 2008 Draft as our own TedSlimmJr was.

I'd hate to see Billick even more than Gruden. Billick was one of the biggest proponents of Blaine Gabbert on the planet last year outside of Magoo and Charlie Casserly. He must've seen some Kyle Boller in him...

He would do it if it were for a General Manager position. It's a dream of his.

To him it wouldn't really be giving much up. He's already easily THE hardest working among the draft analysts that do TV stuff. His work schedule probably wouldn't change much. The big change would be the responsibility, having to live or die with your choices.

Brian Billick is rumored to be on Miami's radar, though Bill Cowher and Jeff Fisher were/will be the first two coaching prospects contacted. It's interesting. I'd like to see Jeff Ireland gone. And I'm a fan of Mayock even if he didn't like Cam Newton last year, even if he did have Blaine Gabbert as his #1 QB. If Miami hired Brian Billick you can damn well bet he would push hard to try and get Mayock hired in place of Ireland after the Draft. Not a huge fan of Billick as the Head Coach but I'm a big enough fan of Mayock as a General Manager that I would consider it.

With Mayock as a General Manager, no personnel decision would be made (or not made) out of laziness. Everything would be tape-based, not who knows who-based. Everything would be thoroughly investigated and debated. There would be no roster negligence. The biggest question is, would Mayock make the right decision at quarterback? Though Blaine Gabbert ended up being his best rated QB in the 2011 Draft, I don't think he ended up with him being very highly rated period (didn't like the QB class), and it's good to note that he was easily as high on Matt Ryan in the 2008 Draft as our own TedSlimmJr was.

i could get down with billick if cowher and fisher were to pass...mayock as a gm is interesting but lets just hope all that mccoy over suh talk and earl thomas over eric berry was just made for tv debate and not his true feelings on who the better pro would be...

mayock today kept tripping me out talking about how gabbert had nothing to work with at wr...i get that but more than half those sacks and bad plays tonight hell 75 percent of em were on the qb...

It doesn't matter if you have Jerry Rice and Mark Duper at WR if you can't take your eyes off the rush. Even the TD pass that he threw at the end of the game against the backups in garbage time he threw falling back, shying away from contact. He has to learn how to step into his throws and stop worrying about getting hit.

Back
Top Bottom