Another Logo Change...? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Logo Change...?

Correct on the Bills logo. Every time I see it I always say it would be a great logo with just the Buffalo

The Browns logo is ingenious. No logo just brown for who they are. It’s a bold statement

Agreed on Chicago, Giants, and GB. However they are not terrible just boring

Steelers, “odd“ is a good statement on their logo, but I personally think it works

Yep, all subjective
The name “Browns” is so funny to me. Not only is it just a color, but it’s probably the most ugly and uninspiring color imaginable.

It’s the color of 30% of my ****. It matches nothing, it’s not appropriate for any occasion, you might have some furniture or a pair of shoes but that’s it.

I’m sure it has significance to the city, but damn, do better. It’s a **** color for a miserable **** city.

Go Browns! (Horrible)

I love the color scheme for Miami's uniforms, especially with the darker aqua. That's one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL.

As an aside, aqua and black work well too (alternative uniform maybe).

The dolphin logo is challenging. Make it angry or tough looking and it's a complete miss. The current one looks like a resort logo. Helmet or no? I guess at least with the helmet you know it's football.

I've see one, that I haven't been able to find again, that had the dolphin face encompassing the entire helmet. Maybe that would work?

Of all the logos, the Marino years dolphin at least looked like a dolphin. I'd tweak that a bit and maybe there's a winner?

The new one is an atrocity. It took a special type of fool to curve the dolphin against the downturn of the helmet, and monumental idiocy that nobody in higher position laughed it out of the room.

There's a reason virtually every logo at every level conforms to the helmet instead of lurching backward like Fred Sanford upon the big one.

Nobody else is that stupid, or desperate for change for the sake of change.

That logo looks like it was designed standalone without the helmet in mind. I wouldn't be shocked if that's exactly what happened. Situational influence often goes totally unnoticed.

A recent example is Italian biathlon uniforms. Last year they had a black design that included a very prominent white swatch that ran diagonally upward across the lower center. I'm sure that looked fine on a design table or on computer software. Meanwhile that swatch ran across the human crotch. It was immediately a huge topic on biathlon forums and embarrassment for the team. You couldn't watch a race without being distracted by that white swatch and how it spotlighted human body parts.

Fortunately the Italians were not stubborn. They got rid of the white swatch after one season.

The problem with the Dolphins is that mega corporations and very rich powerful men are reluctant to concede mistake. They pathetically view it as a sign of weakness. One reason I haven't had high hopes for the Dolphins recently is that I prioritize the big picture above details. Litmus tests. If you make that type of gross error on logo and uniforms there's no reason to believe you aren't overmatched by the league and making pivotal errors regarding personnel and otherwise.
The Vikings logo curves against the helmet.

Back
Top Bottom