Antonio Bryant a fit in Miami?

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Top Story
Bryant, Parcells argue in practice

01:02 AM CDT on Wednesday, June 9, 2004

By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – The future of receiver Antonio Bryant with the Cowboys could be in jeopardy after he was involved in a brief altercation with coach Bill Parcells during Tuesday’s practice, according to several witnesses.

Although the Cowboys concluded their three-day veteran mini-camp on Monday, they are participating in on-field activities the rest of the week, which that are not open to the media.

The witnesses said the incident occurred early in practice during team drills.

It began with after Bryant being became upset with the number of repetitions he was getting during a drill. He began openly complaining, and Parcells told him to stop.

After an exchange of words, Bryant took off his pads, slammed them to the ground and began to leave the practice field. Parcells followed and they exchanged more words.

Several players separated the two men – Bryant had to be restrained by teammates – before the incident escalated further.

The rest of practice continued without incident.

The Cowboys could choose to release Bryant, fine him for conduct detrimental to the team or keep him on the roster do nothing. If Bryant were released, he would count about $300,000 against the club’s 2004 salary cap. He is scheduled to earn $455,000 this season.

In December, the Cowboys released nickel cornerback Derek Ross, their nickel cornerback, after several off-the-field incidents.

Bryant and Ross are close friends.

Read the rest at:
http://nflfans.com/cowboystalk/forum.php?az=show_thread&forum=100&thread_id=11837

Another Article

Bryant thrown out of practice

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING - Volatile third-year wide receiver Antonio Bryant was kicked out of the Cowboys' practice Tuesday morning after an argument with receivers coach Todd Haley, resulting in an altercation with coach Bill Parcells.

According to several sources, Bryant has become frustrated with his role as the team's third receiver. His feelings boiled over in practice, with Bryant initially getting into separate arguments with Keyshawn Johnson and Haley.

Parcells intervened, only to see Bryant take his jersey off and throw it on the ground. According to the sources, Parcells picked up the jersey and threw it back at Bryant, who then threw it in the face of an angry and approaching Parcells.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/8878891.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting but imagine what kind of respect he would have for Wannstedt if he treated a coach of Parcell's stature the way he did.

True, but then again Parcells is bloated with self-importance full of pride and generally overbearingly arrogant. So it's no wonder he has problems with people... Where as one thing you can say about Dave is that he is a good man. And has none of these ills...

I dont see it happening, he is upset at being teh #3 in Dallas, why would he come here to be a #3? He wouldnt start ahead of CC and Boston.

CpuFan said:
True, but then again Parcells is bloated with self-importance full of pride and generally overbearingly arrogant. So it's no wonder he has problems with people... Where as one thing you can say about Dave is that he is a good man. And has none of these ills...

Ya know what else DW DOESN'T HAVE? A playoff app. the last two years or an AFC championship app. or a SB app., Parcells might have control issues but the guy is a winner and it sounds to me like Bryant is full of problems, no thanks we need to get thru this season without DB going off the deep end.

Remember that when Bryant was drafted the only thing keeping him from the 1st round was a world-class a-hole attitude. If that attitude is finally starting to show now that he's getting comfortable and feels like he doesn't have to look over his shoulder to keep a job, then he might not be a guy we want to invest in.

Besides, he's complaining because he's the 3rd WR in Dallas...how would he take being the 3rd WR in Miami? Especially with Boston looking like he has a good shot at returning to form...I think one problem attitude WR with lots of talent is enough for one WR corps.

Yeah, I'm going to vote a big ol' NO for Bryant. He's got the personallity of Terell Owens with about 1/100th of the skills. No good for the team. And I have a question. How are we supposed to let our young WRs develop if all we want to do is bring in other wideouts?

Guess what else he didn't have... A dependable QB so...

We could keep going if you wish or we could just agree to disagree.

Hes young and talented... If a guy that fits those two requirements becomes available youve got to atleast give him a second glance. If he wanted to come here and be the #3 I would be all for it!

Yea absolutley dolphanjo, realistically it will be very hard to get him, if he is released some teams will make a hard push for the guy and probaply overpay for him, but i wouldnt be upset at all if we looked at him, just wouldnt want to break the bank for the guy.

Ahhh, no comment except. we need to get through Boston first...this guy is ready to start and that would cause even more problems in our conserative O, if he was only a number 3.

You guys don't get a clue do you, our needs are much more than Receiver, there are more pressing needs than a mere wide receiver. Anthonio Bryant is their best receiver, I would not say keyshawn is but Bryant is their most talented wide out and I doubt they would release the fella.

Back
Top Bottom