Antonio Bryant a fit in Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Bryant a fit in Miami?

Bryant has similar talent to Chambers, and Cowboys fans think of AB like we do CC.

His attitude has been fine in the NFL up until now.

He got screwed out of the top job last year, and then bringing in Keyshawn has hurt him.

A.) The cowboys aren't going to release him. And B.) we don't need a bad attitude to disrupt things.. Parcells should arrange a little get together between Bryant and a few masked olinemen. Let the two parties have a "discussion" and see if Bryant opens his mouth again.

I'm sick of the attitude of these players. It's a me first attitude. They need to be lit up. Outside of that they need an attitude adjustment. Guys like Terrel Owens, Andre Rison, Michael Irvin, Latrell Sprewell (in basketball). Screw them. I'll take OJ McDuffie, Rick Williams any day.

As Teddy Roosevelt used to say "Speak softly and carry a big stick: you will go far".

Parcells won't take that crap. Shula wouldn't take that crap (especially during the early years).

And the guy will not change. You have an attitude like that, it stays with you. Bryant and guys like him will go down in the ash heap of football history. He'll never be great.

finphan said:
Interesting but imagine what kind of respect he would have for Wannstedt if he treated a coach of Parcell's stature the way he did.

Look what david boston did too marty.... we are a team that takes chances(Williams,boston...) i dont c why not!

CK I disagree about Parcells.

Jimmy Johnson was once and icon too. But you know, he got where his tough guy BS didn't fly anymore also.

Bill is a great coach and I respect him a lot. But I also think he goes too far. Like when he called Glenn "she", when he used "Jap" etc. etc.

If we don't give players a free pass for attitude regardless of skills, then neither do we give it to coaches. Terrell Owens, Boston, and others are "problems", but Bill is great?

I don't think so. Respect is respect, and every man working on the same team should give it. And it is up to the coach to stay above that crap.

I honestly think Parcells is a better coach than Jimmy Johnson. I'm not saying he's above the law or anything I'm just saying as a good coach that wants to win football games I don't think he'd put a problem player like Terry Glenn on the field ahead of Bryant just because Glenn has played for Parcells before, unless there is something he doesn't like about Bryant. He also had Galloway on the field before Bryant, and Galloway is definitely not a Parcells dude. Thats all I'm sayin, I think he kept Bryant off the field because there's been some attitude problems the whole time, and maybe Bryant isn't as talented as I keep seeing people claim he is...I mean, I haven't ever noticed him flashing some all-world talent.

I thought the "She" comment was fine actually. The "Jap" comment...well, it was just a matter of his mouth saying something before his brain could think. I mean, if he would have said "Pearl Harbour plays" nobody would have said anything...and immediately after he said "Jap" you could see he realized he shouldn't have said it and he went ahead and apologized said no offense to any orientals (talk about old fashioned, orientals?). I dunno, these things get blown out of context. These guys aren't politicians, they are jocks...football players. Sometimes I just don't understand the **** storm that ensues when these knuckle heads say something a little insensitive.

If Bryant gets released he is put on waivers and there is NO CHANCE he lasts all the way down to our waiver status.

Do people really want to send another high draft pick out there?

If he was a freebie I'd give him a shot, but right now we have 2 good young WRs on the roster.

And by the way, thats an excellent point. There's teams out there that finished worst than us (ehem 49ers) that need WRs...and Bryant would go on waivers.

In My opinion, I think he his kind of upset because I think he may be thinking that he has been on the team for two years now and now they bring in a semi-troubled reciver (johnson) and he automaticly gets the starting job. And he wants to compete against johnson atleast but he wasnt given the opportunity so he wants to show everyone that he is good enough to compete for the starting job but hes not getting enough repetitions to prove he is good enough to compete for it.

I think Bryant would love to come home..His from Down here.. His family are Dolphins fans.. I would take him in a heart beat..

i love bryants playmaking abilities ... but he'd be a headcase here in miami .. as much as i would love him as miami's 3rd reciever.. he's not worth the gamble !!!!

According to ESPN.com's Ed Werner, Parcells told Bryant after one confrontation last year, "I've got one good fight left in me. Don't let it be you."

If he's under Parcells' skin to the point where Tuna wants to kick his a--, that's an attitude we don't need to add to our already volatile locker room.

I remember hearing that Bryant had attitude problems in college and that was part of the reason why he fell to the bottom of the second round in the draft a few years ago. Bryant wants to start so I doubt he would be happy here.

Aside from the fact that Bryant is a complete numb skull, he has very average hands. Granted, he won the freaking Biletnikoff Award in 2001 (or whenever it was he won it), but the guy has not carried over his game, or developed his game enough to compete in the NFL. He is a #3 guy at best no matter where he goes (except maybe Baltimore).

On that note, I will also say this. If Quincy Carter didnt suck so bad,Antonio would have had at least a chance to grow as a receiver. We moan and groan about Fiedler, and our skepticism about Feeley, but I'll take either of those guys over "Quincy Starter" any day of thw week.

He's TERRIBLE!!!!!

DolfanDaveInATX said:
According to ESPN.com's Ed Werner, Parcells told Bryant after one confrontation last year, "I've got one good fight left in me. Don't let it be you."
LMFAO!!:roflmao:

You have to respect the guy as a coach and you can't deny his methods work. 99% of the players seem to love and respect him. Yeah, you are going to have a few of the prima donna's like Bryant that don't, but they don't respect anyone that doesn't kiss their *** and coddle them.

Back
Top Bottom