Antonio Bryant a fit in Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Bryant a fit in Miami?

We need a WR but not one with habitual attitude problems who cant break out of the No 3 slot.

finphan said:
Interesting but imagine what kind of respect he would have for Wannstedt if he treated a coach of Parcell's stature the way he did.

I don't think Wannstedt would have had this problem, He seems more laid back and less agressive then any other coach in the NFL, I think its more of a buddy buddy relationship down here. I remember an interview with one of the cowboy players and he made a remark about Parcells like 'Even if you hate him, you still have to respect him."
For example, Miami players refer to Wannstedt as 'Dave' and Cowboy players refer Parcells as 'Coach Parcells'

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD
2002 Dallas 16 15 44 733 16.7 78 6
2003 Dallas 16 5 39 550 14.1 54 2
That's what he did his couple of years in Dallas. He had a solid rookie year but last year was not that good. Especially considering the caliber of WR that he could not beat out. Glenn and Galloway are at best a little above average. Now he's behind Glenn and Keyshawn, neither of whom I would take over Chamber or Boston. JMO.

As someone mentioned, why would he come here and be the #3 guy when he's bitching about that in Dallas. Sounds like locker room problems if you bring Bryant in.

It is a well know fact that Parcells is and a--hole. These young men will only tolerate being demoralized so much.

I would take Bryant in a heartbeat. He is a top notch young talent. However, I agree he would not come here to be number 3 in DW conservative offense.

Question is though if he's their most talented WR, why does he continually get slotted to #3. If you ask me, there's work ethic considerations there...coaches don't like him. Coming out of college, he had near thug status as a draft prospect. We don't need that. Seriously, we've already got our hands full with Boston's quirkiness and Ricky's got his own quirkiness.

ckparrothead said:
Question is though if he's their most talented WR, why does he continually get slotted to #3. If you ask me, there's work ethic considerations there...coaches don't like him. Coming out of college, he had near thug status as a draft prospect. We don't need that. Seriously, we've already got our hands full with Boston's quirkiness and Ricky's got his own quirkiness.

This is easy. Parcells is famous for his loyalty to "his" players. He is famous for taking them with him. Glenn and Keyshawn are his boys. They will get the preferred treatment.

bobdroopy said:
I don't think Wannstedt would have had this problem, He seems more laid back and less agressive then any other coach in the NFL, I think its more of a buddy buddy relationship down here. I remember an interview with one of the cowboy players and he made a remark about Parcells like 'Even if you hate him, you still have to respect him."
For example, Miami players refer to Wannstedt as 'Dave' and Cowboy players refer Parcells as 'Coach Parcells'
No, I don't think it's buddy-buddy down here with Wanny. More like the players tell Dave what to do. "What's that Jay? You wanna still be our starting QB? You got it buddy!" A buddy-buddy relationship is fine, but lets remember a coach is in fact that and needs the respect of his players, not their attitudes and whinny baby fits.

This is easy. Parcells is famous for his loyalty to "his" players. He is famous for taking them with him. Glenn and Keyshawn are his boys. They will get the preferred treatment.

I think that assumes that Parcells isn't a very good coach or doesn't put the best player out there for the job...and I think Parcells' record kinda speaks for itself. Last year he put Galloway out there ahead of Bryant, and Galloway ain't a Parcells guy (and he was so valuable to Parcells, that he traded him for Keyshawn).

The reason why he played the slot and hasn't broken the starting lineup is b/c he is the most dangerous in the slot, i really don't think he didnt start b/c of lack of talent or even a back attidute, they were just utilizing him the right way.

That assumes that a starter can't work the slot when in actuality most superstar WRs are moved into the slot often to take advantage of matchups. When the Cowboys went to a 2 WR set, Bryant was not on the field, most of the time.

If Bryant gets released he is put on waivers and there is NO CHANCE he lasts all the way down to our waiver status.

Do people really want to send another high draft pick out there?

If he was a freebie I'd give him a shot, but right now we have 2 good young WRs on the roster.

I've heard all the rants and raves about young talent before. We went after McKnight which didn't exactly pan out. Besides, if Newsom, Simmon, Tolver, etc. had been thrust into a starting role, who knows how good they'd be. I say we stand pat with the talent we have at WR. We have greater needs elsewhere.

well, newsome was put into the starting role at slot reciever last year for a couple games, and it wasn't pretty. Maybe it was because he was just signed off the practice squad, but that was an ugly game.

Back
Top Bottom