Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
And he was ejected. He saw a fan harassing his wife & he hopped up into the stands.

He should not have been ejected...that is wrong.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Man I hope they booed the refs...

They had no choice but to eject him, its the rules. He will probaly get fined and suspended for it. I can't blame Davis but you just can't go into the stands.

finfansince72 said:
They had no choice but to eject him, its the rules. He will probaly get fined and suspended for it. I can't blame Davis but you just can't go into the stands.

I can't blame him either. If that was my wife and family I would do the same. As stated on ESPN Sport Center last night, there should be some provisions inplace by the NBA where the family member of the players could be in a more secure area to somewhat deflect confrontation like this in the future.

should have been ejected. SHOULDN'T be suspended

Well, they were talking to people at the game and it sounds like his wife was as much to blame. She kept putting a finger in the guys face and he kept saying get your finger out of my face!

Maybe she should be banned also?

ESPNews showed a updated video of ths scene and it showed the wife was pointing her finger at the dude and it looked like she was talking trash to him. I really don't know what to think and I think they NBA doesn't know either. It will basicly be a he said she said kind of deal.

PTI just said that Davis was suspendd for 5 games

Ace88 said:
ESPNews showed a updated video of ths scene and it showed the wife was pointing her fugure that the dude and it looked like she was talking trash to him. I really don't know what to think and I think they NBA doesn't know either. It will basicly be a he said she said kind of deal.

I haven't seen the video. But is it possible that the guy was giving her (and the kids) and earful prior to that??

I can understand what Davis did but the league had to suspend him. 5 games is really light compared to the suspensions handed out last year. You can understand why he did what he did but the league can't have any exceptions for players going into the stands. If that was the case a player could go into the stands beat a fan mercilessly then say, hey he threatened my wife. The line is drawn, I don't think this incident was as serious as Davis took it and he knows the rules, he knew he was going to be ejected and suspended. I feel a little bit for him but I agree with the league, you have to have a no tolerance rule for this sort of incident.

This is very unfortunate, and finfansince72 nailed it down. The league has to do something, however Davis didnt touch the guy, and if I was in his place I would have done the exact same thing suspension or not.
It is unfortunate that wifes and kids cant go watch Dad at work. Regardless of the guy started it or Davis' wife started it, the family is a target no matter where they go.... Unfortunate indeed.

Back
Top Bottom