Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife

As it turns out...Mrs Davis got into it with Latrell Sprewell in 2001 after a playoff game......

Are some of you starting to get the picture?

SMadison29 said:
And he was ejected. He saw a fan harassing his wife & he hopped up into the stands.

Actually his loud mouth Wife was the problem and this isn't the first time she has caused problems.

Section126 said:
As it turns out...Mrs Davis got into it with Latrell Sprewell in 2001 after a playoff game......

Are some of you starting to get the picture?

Yes...

Latrell Sprewell is a thug. Thanks for clearing that up.

Bottom line is this is a case of the LETTER of the law vs the SPIRIT of the law.

The rule is no running into the stands, yeah like the Pacers did last year to take swings at the fans. THAT IS WHAT THE RULE IS MEANT FOR!!!!!!!! Davis didn't go into the stands and started throwing punches at anyone and everyone. BIG DIFFERENCE!

You want to stop all of these problems its easy. Only 1 sale of alcohol per person at these events. Maybe 2, but no more. And all sales are stopped after halftime, in fact I would stop them just before halftime!! Come up with a stamp system that shows up under a dark lamp or somethnig. Everytime you buy a beer, you get stamped and aren't allowed to buy another that night.

The problem isn't the players!!!!! It's these drunken fans who are out of control and the arena security which are 66 year old men and women who are retired and work for $7.95 an hour as a part time job who can't prevent or stop anything!

The fans are OUT OF CONTROL! And the majority of fans actually think they are part of the game or part of the show! Just because you buy a ticket it doesn't mean you can yell and scream anything you want to whoever you want.

MikeO said:
should have been ejected. SHOULDN'T be suspended
No, he shouldn't of been punished at all. Family is more important than a basketball game and the NBA's ****ty rules. To tell you the truth, David Stern deserves a bigger punishment than anyone. He should be slapped for punishing Antonio Davis. Would you sit there and watch your wife in an argument with a man, who could potentially put his hands on her? Not me. I'd beat the hell out of any man who raises his voice at my woman.

Blueprint said:
No, he shouldn't of been punished at all. Family is more important than a basketball game and the NBA's ****ty rules. To tell you the truth, David Stern deserves a bigger punishment than anyone. He should be slapped for punishing Antonio Davis. Would you sit there and watch your wife in an argument with a man, who could potentially put his hands on her? Not me. I'd beat the hell out of any man who raises his voice at my woman.

I agree with you but there are consqequences...his was getting suspended.

Blueprint said:

And you'd go to jail for it. Thats a pretty weak example. Davis violated a straight up rule, he got a light suspension, the situation is over. Get over it. David Stern runs the league the right way.

finfansince72 said:
And you'd go to jail for it. Thats a pretty weak example. Davis violated a straight up rule, he got a light suspension, the situation is over. Get over it. David Stern runs the league the right way.

Exactly. There are consequences for actions you take. What you do may be the right action, but it can cost you big time. Davis violated a rule...therefore he should be punished. I think it should have been a little harsher...but eh, doesn't matter.

Section126 said:
Weak attempt at sarcasm....this beotch is a nutcase.

Sorry! If I could only be as great as the all knowing Section126! Sorry again!

Little more sarcasm there for ya.

Prime Time said:
Exactly. There are consequences for actions you take. What you do may be the right action, but it can cost you big time. Davis violated a rule...therefore he should be punished. I think it should have been a little harsher...but eh, doesn't matter.

how about the fan, what's his punishment? That's the problem, fans can say whatever they want whenever they want and get away with it. Which causes this mess to begin with. This fan should be BANNED from all events in that building forever! Do that and then I have no problem with the 5 game Davis suspension

MikeO said:
how about the fan, what's his punishment? That's the problem, fans can say whatever they want whenever they want and get away with it. Which causes this mess to begin with. This fan should be BANNED from all events in that building forever! Do that and then I have no problem with the 5 game Davis suspension

Do you even know what the fan said or did? I havent seen any video of him really doing anything. If they banned fans for talking trash they'd have empty stadiums within a week. The fan was removed, thats about all you can do.

finfansince72 said:
Do you even know what the fan said or did? I havent seen any video of him really doing anything. If they banned fans for talking trash they'd have empty stadiums within a week. The fan was removed, thats about all you can do.

Haven't doing anything? He was in a verbal altercation with another fan who happened to be a players wife!

Empty stands? Hardly, there are enough good people to fill up these stands! LOL....and yes BAN fans for trash talking! do you go to a bank, grocery store, the mall and start "TRASH TALKING" with people around you. This just in:::Sporting events still are public places in our society! You can't go to a game and "get into it" with other fans! Sorry! I know it happens all the time, and that is the problem!!! Security does nothnig about it and you have "incidents" like this!

Back
Top Bottom