Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Davis enters stands to defend wife

Muck said:
I haven't seen the video. But is it possible that the guy was giving her (and the kids) and earful prior to that??

Why of course it's possible of him doing so. I've pretty much heard both sides of the stories and I'm still clueless of what really happened. Either the wife was just talking a storm of **** to a fan from the other team, or the fan was teasing the family about have her husband playing for a team that hasn't won too many games.

MikeO said:
should have been ejected. SHOULDN'T be suspended

Of course he should be suspended. And more then 5 Games. It should be TEN games. People can't come to the courts at anytime, and players shouldn't go in the stands at anytime. Maybe if this was before the whole fight that occurred last year, I'd be okay with it...but its not. This is post-artest, and therefore the punishment should be large so players know not to go in the stands....I don't blame him for his actions, but there will be consequences..

Prime Time said:
Of course he should be suspended. And more then 5 Games. It should be TEN games. People can't come to the courts at anytime, and players shouldn't go in the stands at anytime. Maybe if this was before the whole fight that occurred last year, I'd be okay with it...but its not. This is post-artest, and therefore the punishment should be large so players know not to go in the stands....I don't blame him for his actions, but there will be consequences..

There is the LETTER of the law vs the SPIRIT of the law. Rule/Law is no running into the stands (hence going after fans). Davis wasn't going after any fans throwing punches or throwing his weight around. This is NOT what the rule was intended for.

MikeO said:
There is the LETTER of the law vs the SPIRIT of the law. Rule/Law is no running into the stands (hence going after fans). Davis wasn't going after any fans throwing punches or throwing his weight around. This is NOT what the rule was intended for.

Okay, so If he want up there and some crazy fan went and hit him? Who's fault would it be? It would be his...he is not allowed in the stands. I understand he was trying to protect his wife, but......rules are rules.

And the rule is no going into the stands period. Just like fans don't step onto the court.

Prime Time said:
Okay, so If he want up there and some crazy fan went and hit him? Who's fault would it be? It would be his...he is not allowed in the stands. I understand he was trying to protect his wife, but......rules are rules.

And the rule is no going into the stands period. Just like fans don't step onto the court.

If a fan took a shot at him when Davis was clearly no threat to anyone, then no it wouldn't be the fault of Davis! :shakeno:

This is the same city where a bunch of wild fans ran out on the field and attacked the Royals 1st base coach. So, being on HIGH ALERT in that city with your wife in the stands having a "situation" I don't blame Davis one bit. The NBA looks bad on this one. This wasn't Artest and Jackson running into the stands swinging at everyone.

MikeO said:
If a fan took a shot at him when Davis was clearly no threat to anyone, then no it wouldn't be the fault of Davis! :shakeno:

This is the same city where a bunch of wild fans ran out on the field and attacked the Royals 1st base coach. So, being on HIGH ALERT in that city with your wife in the stands having a "situation" I don't blame Davis one bit. The NBA looks bad on this one. This wasn't Artest and Jackson running into the stands swinging at everyone.

You are failin' to release that Davis is not allowed up there. That is what security is for. I don't blame him either for the action he took...but the consequence should have been harsher. Players should not be in the stands at any cost.

That P.O.S. is suing the Davis' for $1M for battery & slander. What a low-life. He's not going to win, the other fans in the stands sided with the Davis'.

SMadison29 said:
That P.O.S. is suing the Davis' for $1M for battery & slander. What a low-life. He's not going to win, the other fans in the stands sided with the Davis'.

Not really....one fan has come forward to basically say that it was both of their faults...and the rest have said that Mrs. Davis was beligerent.

I hope that guy takes them to the cleaners.

Section126 said:
Not really....one fan has come forward to basically say that it was both of their faults...and the rest have said that Mrs. Davis was beligerent.

:shakeno:

Prime Time said:
:shakeno:

Come on....think for yourself...you saw the last video of the incident...she was sticking her finger in the guys face...and the GUY WAS THE ONE THAT CALLED FOR SECURITY.

Something tells me that Mrs. Davis is a total beotch.

Section126 said:

Really? The interviews of the two fans I saw said the man was beligerent & Mrs. Davis was very calm. He's not going to win anything. Battery? Come on, she could get him for assault. Slander? Yeah his reputation took a million dollar hit in all this.

More then one fan has come forward saying she is as much to blame as him. She is the one that kept sticking her finger in his face.

Section126 said:
Come on....think for yourself...you saw the last video of the incident...she was sticking her finger in the guys face...and the GUY WAS THE ONE THAT CALLED FOR SECURITY.

Something tells me that Mrs. Davis is a total beotch.

thing is they only show from where they caught it. not the whole incident. and once you get a hot tempered woman going you can stop them.

Trust me I know. I married one.

Back
Top Bottom