Any Credit to Grier? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Credit to Grier?

How many of our core players from the last 3 drafts are making a difference? This is going to be a 3 year build, to be a solid team. It's not a one year, most cap space, most draft picks, boomshakalaka, playoffs turnaround.
a) the past is the past
b) nobody predicts a one-year turnaround

What picks did Chris Grier knock out of the park this year? So far the draft has produced no servicable starters other than Wilkins. Deiter may not be a starter for long.

The only 2 good moves by Grier this offseason are Walton and Preston Williams. I will admit we got value when we traded everyone but you cant base a GM's job on just 1 facet.

I think we can do better at GM but at the very least I hope we get rid of Grier if he ****s up this offseason.

The past is reality
I read the forum everyday, the posts are out there
You use the past to identify mistakes, use the present to correct them for a better future. Sitting solely in the past and declare everything crap just by default is the wrong approach. We might as well close the franchise down.

I do read a lot of posts as well I have yet anybody to post that we would go to the playoffs next year. But then again turnaround is in the eye of the beholder. Some would call an 8-8 record next year a turnaround, some declare it the same ol' Dolphins and some declare it the right step in the right directions.

But we all know your take on Grier and Flores.

What picks did Chris Grier knock out of the park this year? So far the draft has produced no servicable starters other than Wilkins. Deiter may not be a starter for long.

The only 2 good moves by Grier this offseason are Walton and Preston Williams. I will admit we got value when we traded everyone but you cant base a GM's job on just 1 facet.

I think we can do better at GM but at the very least I hope we get rid of Grier if he ****s up this offseason.
Who claimed that? Last offseason was all about laying the foundation for the future by clearing cap space and adding draft picks. And you really want to judge Deiter on a few games on a make shift OL? Really????
And van Ginkel might just get his first action now.
Those were the top 3 draft picks for us last year.

I give Grier for getting rid of bad contracts.....keep in mind he was part of the FO that gave away those contracts........I give him credit for getting good value with his trades and for hiring Flores.

I give him credit for the good and not for the bad. I don't expect him to be perfect.

Now comes the main part. He has almost a blank canvas with plenty of money and picks. Can he use those two the right way? We'll find out in the next couple of years.

You use the past to identify mistakes, use the present to correct them for a better future. Sitting solely in the past and declare everything crap just by default is the wrong approach. We might as well close the franchise down.

I do read a lot of posts as well I have yet anybody to post that we would go to the playoffs next year. But then again turnaround is in the eye of the beholder. Some would call an 8-8 record next year a turnaround, some declare it the same ol' Dolphins and some declare it the right step in the right directions.

But we all know your take on Grier and Flores.
My take on Grier has never wavered since he was given a position of power in the front office.

Like any new coach, it's wait and see. I really disliked the Gase hiring the first day, Had no choice but root for him. I do give credit to Flores for not having the worst team in the history of football but the fact is, without Fitzpatrick carrying this team on his back we would still be winless.

Who claimed that? Last offseason was all about laying the foundation for the future by clearing cap space and adding draft picks. And you really want to judge Deiter on a few games on a make shift OL? Really????
And van Ginkel might just get his first action now.
Those were the top 3 draft picks for us last year.

You can be a good olineman on a bad makeshift oline. Ask Tunsil. Dieter has shown nothing thus far. Van Ginkel is a question mark.

Only on Finheaven do people defend the GM of one of the worst teams in the league. I would understand defending the value he got for the trades, but his draft picks were not a saving grace.

I get it though, you wont be convinced of how bad of a job he is doing until he gets canned like most.

Hey everybody come see the great draft Chris Grier had... said no one ever.

Don't know your definition of "serviceable," but Wilkins, Cox, Deiter, and the UDFAs, Williams and Needham. I'd also call Biegel anf taco good moves.

He absolutely crushed the Alonso for Biegel trade. Alsonso was getting cut yet Grier get a bona fide stud in return. Needham, Boehm, and Rowe. Both Lammons and Wiltz are developing nicely. Grier has done a very nice job working with Flores and acquiring guys the staff likes. As for the draft, it takes 2-3 years to get a fair evaluation as some players take longer to develop.

I preferred they went outside the organization when hiring the GM but the early returns are good. He's assembled a nice front office and coaching staff which are key to long term success. Next up is the QB which I feel pretty good about O'Shea and his staff developing.

A lot of praise for Flores going around and I believe that praise is definitely warranted. He and his staff have coached these guys up tremendously.

I'm curious if Grier deserves any credit for signing some of these street FA and UDFAs who have at least shown some level of talent amidst this great coaching culture.

I can't imagine Flores and staff are completely controlling decisions made by the GM.

I think that Grier with Flores & Marvin Allen is going to pick different players than Grier with Mike Tannenbaum and Adam Gase.

For example, I really do think that they work in a collaboration, so it’s not just all on Grier good or bad. I heard Mike Tannenbaum on ESPN the other day say that if he had the number 1 overall pick he would choose Justin Herbert over Tua or Joe Burrow. Now on the one hand you never know right? But his entire justification was that it was because Herbert was big. Adam Gase and all of those guys weren’t interested in Lamar Jackson, for example, and I’m sure Grier is going to get buy in From his head coach on the types of players that he wants Before he brings them in.

So, what I see here, is that Grier/Flores/Allen are working together much like the Patriots do in the sense that they are doing a good job of taking players who were either castoffs from another team or taking players off the street who didn’t have a high draft pedigree and then developing them. So far the results have been pretty impressive.

My point, is that it’s not all on Grier credit or blame, and that Grier with Marvin Allen and Flo as influencers is a different kettle of fish from what we had with Grier/Tannenbaum/Gase.

How many of our core players from the last 3 drafts are making a difference? This is going to be a 3 year build, to be a solid team. It's not a one year, most cap space, most draft picks, boomshakalaka, playoffs turnaround.

2 yrs to get back to the 'typical' Dolphins and 3 to get to serious playoff contention

My take on Grier has never wavered since he was given a position of power in the front office.

Like any new coach, it's wait and see. I really disliked the Gase hiring the first day, Had no choice but root for him. I do give credit to Flores for not having the worst team in the history of football but the fact is, without Fitzpatrick carrying this team on his back we would still be winless.
Call me crazy but I see Rosen starting and winning a game for us by season end.

Back
Top Bottom