Any Credit to Grier? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Credit to Grier?

Maybe, if Fitz gets hurt or completely craps the bed for multiple weeks. Right now it's the Fitz show.
I agree it's fitz now. But I feel that only because he allows the coaches to evaluate the whole team. I think we see Rosen the last 2 to 4 games no matter fitz performance. That will give Rosen more prep time as to not hold back others when he is on field. He is struggling in his pre snap analysis of the D. That is something I think won't take Shea or Flo to

He absolutely crushed the Alonso for Biegel trade. Alsonso was getting cut yet Grier get a bona fide stud in return. Needham, Boehm, and Rowe. Both Lammons and Wiltz are developing nicely. Grier has done a very nice job working with Flores and acquiring guys the staff likes. As for the draft, it takes 2-3 years to get a fair evaluation as some players take longer to develop.

I preferred they went outside the organization when hiring the GM but the early returns are good. He's assembled a nice front office and coaching staff which are key to long term success. Next up is the QB which I feel pretty good about O'Shea and his staff developing.

I will agree to disagree. Beigel is not a "stud."

Needham is getting better but is far from dependable, Boehm would be a backup on a regular oline, and Rowe wasnt drafted he came with Flores from NE and he has been medicore at best.

Guess you are right Chris Grier killed it!!!
Hey everyone come see how good these guys are... for real this time.

I give Grier a lot of credit for being bold and realizing that big changes were needed.

Obviously, the next couple of offseasons are critical. But he set the team up with a lot of picks and money to spend.

Maybe, if Fitz gets hurt or completely craps the bed for multiple weeks. Right now it's the Fitz show.

everyone here knows RF's hx. Streaky guy. Odds are that 'good' streak will end. Maybe he's the 'good' RF through 16 games. Likely not. Flo will have to decide when the 'bad' RF is bad enough to put Rosen in. That said, maybe Rosen will get the last two games regardless how RF plays.

I agree it's fitz now. But I feel that only because he allows the coaches to evaluate the whole team. I think we see Rosen the last 2 to 4 games no matter fitz performance. That will give Rosen more prep time as to not hold back others when he is on field. He is struggling in his pre snap analysis of the D. That is something I think won't take Shea or Flo to

everyone here knows RF's hx. Streaky guy. Odds are that 'good' streak will end. Maybe he's the 'good' RF through 16 games. Likely not. Flo will have to decide when the 'bad' RF is bad enough to put Rosen in. That said, maybe Rosen will get the last two games regardless how RF plays.
Anything's possible I guess. Don't see how those last two games would be anymore beneficial than his first three starts here.

He has put together a 2-7 team, what does he get credit for? If he was any good he could have rebuilt the team without tearing it apart. His actions have cost the team several years before they will be competitive.

Anything's possible I guess. Don't see how those last two games would be anymore beneficial than his first three starts here.

To be fair, the OL (as well as Rosen) were a disaster the 1st 4 games. Playing him in the last two would give him a chance to show what he can do with an improved team. personally, I'm pessimistic, but there's no debate this is a different team from September.

That's what people don't understand. You build a team through the draft, FA, UDFA and post UDFA signings. All these processes go hand in hand. If you get a 50% hit rate on 14 draft picks, get 2-4 starters in FA and fill up your roster with decent UDFAs the turn around can happen much faster than most expect.
Yup. A few picks/signings on both of the lines that work out well and this team gets more competitive in a hurry, even if Fitz still the starter next year.

Yup. A few picks/signings on both of the lines that work out well and this team gets more competitive in a hurry, even if Fitz still the starter next year.

I may be in the minority, but I see fewer DEEP holes now that I did after game 3. QB, OG, OT, DE, CB. That, by itself, makes the rebuild process easier. And I agree, 5-7 significant upgrades - not unreasonable - and the team is much better.

I may be in the minority, but I see fewer DEEP holes now that I did after game 3. QB, OG, OT, DE, CB. That, by itself, makes the rebuild process easier. And I agree, 5-7 significant upgrades - not unreasonable - and the team is much better.
Usually when a team looks like it has holes everywhere, that's almost always coaching. The fact that the glaring holes are starting to look less glaring is a testament to what this staff is doing.

A lot of praise for Flores going around and I believe that praise is definitely warranted. He and his staff have coached these guys up tremendously.

I'm curious if Grier deserves any credit for signing some of these street FA and UDFAs who have at least shown some level of talent amidst this great coaching culture.

I can't imagine Flores and staff are completely controlling decisions made by the GM.

This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, or at least the question. How the hell can I give Grier credit when we haven't even hit the draft? Talk to me in three years when has the two most important drafts in franchise history coming up under his belt.

I'll give him credit for trading off assets for first round picks, other than that he has sooo much to prove. He's gonna be under a microscope, he could turn out the hero or he can set us back for years.

This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, or at least the question. How the hell can I give Grier credit when we haven't even hit the draft? Talk to me in three years when has the two most important drafts in franchise history coming up under his belt.

I'll give him credit for trading off assets for first round picks, other than that he has sooo much to prove. He's gonna be under a microscope, he could turn out the hero or he can set us back for years.
He's made a lot of acquisitions throughout this year and they've been working out. Rowe, Needham, Taco, Biegel, Boehm etc. He's churned the roster more than I've ever seen and despite having extremely little real talent, we're competitive every week. That isn't JUST coaching.

He's made a lot of acquisitions throughout this year and they've been working out. Rowe, Needham, Taco, Biegel, Boehm etc. He's churned the roster more than I've ever seen and despite having extremely little real talent, we're competitive every week. That isn't JUST coaching.

Even with the last two wins, the team still has the worst point differential in the nfl (worse than the bengals). I wouldn’t call that competitive every week. They are no longer on pace to set the worst point differential in nfl history anymore though.

Back
Top Bottom