Any Credit to Grier? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Credit to Grier?

We are very little to judge him on this calendar year so far. I give him credit for hiring the coach as it seems to be a good hire so far and he has also set us up with a lot of draft picks and cap space in the offseason. I will also give him credit for the hiring of Allen and McKenzie in the scouting department. That being said, getting rid of players is the easy part. We will know 12 months from now what we have in this regime.

Grier has done a great job in my book outside of signing Fitzpatrick, I would have rolled with Rosen,Rudock, and maybe traded for Cooper Rush from the Cowboys a late rounder.. At least then you have QB's that are young and have upside on top of protecting the tank

Grier gets credit for some really great trades for picks, I think we got the better end on almost all our deals this year. I also give him credit for a very promising coaching staff that so far has been impressive getting the most out of a poor roster. It will be much easier to gauge and give him credit after the big test, the draft. Let's see how he does and revisit this topic after the draft.

I can see us starting him vs the Bungles

When we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which is a drop dead hilarious thing to say/hear/consider, there is no reason why Rosen shouldn't start.

This is going to be a major test for Flores and the front office. I'm not a tanker but there is absolutely no reason for Fitz to continue after the possibility of a miraculous turn around has come to a close.

Let's hope they do the smart thing.

If Fitz continues to start when all hope has been lost may mean we have a very stubborn HC and that may be worrisome. After all, not only do you risk injury to the old man for no good reason but you take away the opportunity of experience for a young QB that is very much in need.

What picks did Chris Grier knock out of the park this year? So far the draft has produced no servicable starters other than Wilkins. Deiter may not be a starter for long.

The only 2 good moves by Grier this offseason are Walton and Preston Williams. I will admit we got value when we traded everyone but you cant base a GM's job on just 1 facet.

I think we can do better at GM but at the very least I hope we get rid of Grier if he ****s up this offseason.
That's fine, and you are right, Dieter has been a bit underwhelming.

Are you going tobgive him credit if say, next year Dieter is a quality starter, and Prince is an animal on the right side?

It's not like Dieter was a 1st rd pick.

That's fine, and you are right, Dieter has been a bit underwhelming.

Are you going tobgive him credit if say, next year Dieter is a quality starter, and Prince is an animal on the right side?

It's not like Dieter was a 1st rd pick.

Of course. I just havent seen that up til now. If the kids start holding their own I have no issue eating crow.

He deserves credit for getting draft picks and getting us out of cap hell. Keep in mind this, even with having the most cap space for next season I think we also have the most dead cap as well... that's how bad the situation was.

He gets to show what he can do this offseason. There are no questions who is in charge anymore

When we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which is a drop dead hilarious thing to say/hear/consider, there is no reason why Rosen shouldn't start.

This is going to be a major test for Flores and the front office. I'm not a tanker but there is absolutely no reason for Fitz to continue after the possibility of a miraculous turn around has come to a close.

Let's hope they do the smart thing.

If Fitz continues to start when all hope has been lost may mean we have a very stubborn HC and that may be worrisome. After all, not only do you risk injury to the old man for no good reason but you take away the opportunity of experience for a young QB that is very much in need.
This isn't rocket science. Rosen isn't good at football and that's why he's not starting. The quickest way to lose the locker room is to bench the guy who is playing well and winning games for the guy who made this team look like an embarrassment. If you haven't seen enough of Rosen at this point to conclude that he isn't the guy going forward, then that's on you, not Flores.

I give credit to Grier for doing a great job tearing it all down. He got max value out of a lot of players and even some who seemed valueless. Now let's see how he starts to rebuild the house. That's the most important part.

This isn't rocket science. Rosen isn't good at football and that's why he's not starting. The quickest way to lose the locker room is to bench the guy who is playing well and winning games for the guy who made this team look like an embarrassment. If you haven't seen enough of Rosen at this point to conclude that he isn't the guy going forward, then that's on you, not Flores.
I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind that letting Rosen sit, and learn, with the expectation of him leading the team next season.

I also realize that it is much more likely that Flores is done with Rosen, and just moved on.

This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, or at least the question. How the hell can I give Grier credit when we haven't even hit the draft? Talk to me in three years when has the two most important drafts in franchise history coming up under his belt.

I'll give him credit for trading off assets for first round picks, other than that he has sooo much to prove. He's gonna be under a microscope, he could turn out the hero or he can set us back for years.

How does the question not make a whole lot of sense? I'm asking if you think Grier deserves any credit for the recent success given the play of some of the players acquired via trade, UDFA, and signings of guys off the street.

If your answer is "no, he doesn't deserve any credit yet, because we are just not far enough along to give him a full evaluation" that's fine. But to say the question doesn't make any sense is claiming that my post/question is not clear.

99% of other posters commented with responses of "yes he does" or "no he doesn't" with explanations behind their opinion. That tells me that most followed the question.

Back
Top Bottom