Any optimists still out there? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any optimists still out there?

Have you been to Foxboro before?
5 times. Wife is a NE fan (I know kill myself). We stay in Boston and take the train into Forxborough. Never been to a pregame, not sure I want to. 4 times it's been cold as ****. Everytime I've been there we have lost. Not a fan, of the place. It's an okay stadium, little dated, very open. Fans are assholes, honestly and I've been to Philly skins games in Philly.

I really really really want to get on that goddam train back to Boston with a win. I would say I want to get in a fight or two, but my wife wouldn't be happy and honestly on that train I probably wouldn't come out well, lol.

For those who don't know, there's a train from Boston to Foxborough called the Patriot Express that literally only runs about 30m from Boston to the stadium, stays there and runs back and it is an absolute drunken **** show on the way home.

Listen I honestly believe Teddy does a solid job on Sunday.

I also believe this is the game the defense gets it done.

20-10 Miami.

Jets lose to the Seaturkeys.

Everyone gets 2 weeks of rest.

Tua is cleared.

Once the playoffs start the 8-3 start, this 4 game losing streak is irrelevant.

Twice this year Miami showed they can hang with Buffalo.

If it's KC? A healthy Miami can hang with them.

At the end of the day, if healthy there's not a team in the NFL I don't think our offense cant hang with.

The playoffs will also bring the best out of our defense.

I still truly believe Miami is SB bound

5 times. Wife is a NE fan (I know kill myself). We stay in Boston and take the train into Forxborough. Never been to a pregame, not sure I want to. 4 times it's been cold as ****. Everytime I've been there we have lost. Not a fan, of the place. It's an okay stadium, little dated, very open. Fans are assholes, honestly and I've been to Philly skins games in Philly.

I really really really want to get on that goddam train back to Boston with a win. I would say I want to get in a fight or two, but my wife wouldn't be happy and honestly on that train I probably wouldn't come out well, lol.

For those who don't know, there's a train from Boston to Foxborough called the Patriot Express that literally only runs about 30m from Boston to the stadium, stays there and runs back and it is an absolute drunken **** show on the way home.
I can imagine. Enemy territory sucks! Only time I went to Philly was when Shula broke the win record and their fans were assholes. I was smart enough to not wear any Phins gear. I saw their fans pouring beer on a guy wearing his Phins jersey and he even had two little kids with him. The last time I went to that shithole (The Vet). I live about an hour north of Philly...

You should probably revisit this wife thing. Must be tough the past 20 years! :lol:

Listen I honestly believe Teddy does a solid job on Sunday.

I also believe this is the game the defense gets it done.

20-10 Miami.

Jets lose to the Seaturkeys.

Everyone gets 2 weeks of rest.

Tua is cleared.

Once the playoffs start the 8-3 start, this 4 game losing streak is irrelevant.

Twice this year Miami showed they can hang with Buffalo.

If it's KC? A healthy Miami can hang with them.

At the end of the day, if healthy there's not a team in the NFL I don't think our offense cant hang with.

The playoffs will also bring the best out of our defense.

I still truly believe Miami is SB bound
Atta boy! Get in it and win it!

You should probably revisit this wife thing. Must be tough the past 20 years! :lol:
Married 6 together 8. It's been real. I've lived through the dynasty with her but she's also experienced the Miami miracle and many losses in Miami live! Lol. Oh, we don't live in FL either, we are bicoastal, but travel to MIA and NE every year for each other's games. We have a lot of dedication for each of our teams, so everytime we play each other it creates..... Tension. Lol.

Married 6 together 8. It's been real. I've lived through the dynasty with her but she's also experienced the Miami miracle and many losses in Miami live! Lol. Oh, we don't live in FL either, we are bicoastal, but travel to MIA and NE every year for each other's games. We have a lot of dedication for each of our teams, so everytime we play each other it creates..... Tension. Lol.
So in other words if we win, no nookie for you! :lol:

Need any company?
Game Show Love GIF by ABC Network

Celebrating our SuperBowl win on the Hollywood boardwalk will certainly escalate the trouble we will get in
:hnrk:
I hope the jail they put us in is nicer than the last one. I still can't figure out where my underwear and socks disappeared to...

McDaniel said guys like Tua are the reason he got into coaching. 700 plays. There's also a high profile example on the team of someone who overcame multiple concussions and is thriving. I'm not a fan of outlier examples but let's face it they are popular and easy to find and cite.

Given that combo of variables I don't understand the widespread insistence that there will be massive changes including Tua retiring. Those quarterback numbers in all the key categories are massive positives. The organization and player will be aware of that, even if the public per norm is too busy reacting to the last thing it saw.

I just can't see it becoming...well, we had fun for 6 games. That's all we were looking for anyway.

I was a huge supporter of drafting Tua. Then immediately in 2020 he looked physically overmatched by the league. I'm not letting go of that impression. Tua has to utilize plays and schemes that camouflage his limitations. Fake a quick pitch, fully spin around, then quick dart over the middle. Stuff like that all game long. Swagger plays. If the quick slant is not there throw it anyway. You're far better off seizing what you want than allowing the play to extend. I always cringe when it turns into a standard looking play with Tua deep in the pocket.

You know how a team looks when it is confident, like our 4th quarter at Baltimore? It has to be that mindset all game long. We've started a couple of recent Patriot games that way. Somehow a few weeks ago we turned into a standard looking offense with all these waffling midrange throws. Andrew Luck had trouble with that. He got picked off all the time on that type of throw, after thriving on similar in college.

That story is written but Tua still has time to be featured in an offense that doesn't allow the negative expectancies. I already mentioned that I shouted, "What the hell was that?" after our asinine 3rd down midrange sideline throw to Hill on the first drive. From that point I expected a defeat. It was already a very difficult scheduling spot and now the game plan was loaded with crap. I'm unconvinced that the crap designs wouldn't have resulted in mistakes, even if Tua had been fully healthy and cognizant.

I believe we'll make the playoffs. All those stats about teams being 156-1 and stuff like that with a 14+ point lead in the 4th quarter, those stats exist because of extensive margin for error. Those teams with the lead were choking plenty of times. But the margin enabled them to choke. Then they woke up just in time. There were fundamental reasons they were good enough to build the 14 point lead. Those qualities are revived just in time, to fend off the infamous choke.

I eventually figured that out in Las Vegas. If my basketball team with a 25 point lead was trying to give everything away and not cover the 7 point spread, I relaxed and thought to myself...just one little 4-0 run in our favor, and we're good. That's the beauty of building that 25 point lead.

Last year we tried it the other way. I basically paid no attention down the stretch. I know darn well a team with that type of record isn't going to run the table. This season we're far more legitimate and dangerous. It amazes me there was greater optimism this time last year.

Oh yeah, the offseason will be focused on helmeting and otherwise protecting Tua from further concussions, instead of all that nonsense about vastly improved arm strength.

Back
Top Bottom