any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

I love JJ Watt, but no. We're a young team and we're gearing up for another infusion of talent with 4 picks in the top 50 of the 2021 draft. We could realistically find 6 starters by their 3rd year! Watt is too injury prone and old to be a center piece of this rebuild, IMHO. Xavien Howard and Byron Jones have a good 7 years more as a dynamite duo. Van Noy was brought in to teach this defense, but we will look to draft his replacement this year and weave him in during the 2021 and 2022 seasons. We're eventually going to replace our safeties, but that's a few years off. Otherwise, our defense is in place and after this draft, we should be mostly set for the next 5 years.

I love JJ Watt, but no. We're a young team and we're gearing up for another infusion of talent with 4 picks in the top 50 of the 2021 draft. We could realistically find 6 starters by their 3rd year! Watt is too injury prone and old to be a center piece of this rebuild, IMHO. Xavien Howard and Byron Jones have a good 7 years more as a dynamite duo. Van Noy was brought in to teach this defense, but we will look to draft his replacement this year and weave him in during the 2021 and 2022 seasons. We're eventually going to replace our safeties, but that's a few years off. Otherwise, our defense is in place and after this draft, we should be mostly set for the next 5 years.
I think we replace one safety this year either in FA or the draft

If he agree to be a rotation player, and take a pay cut. He would be very effective if giving him only half of the snaps.

Watt would be a good addition for a reasonable late round pick.

JJ Watt will be looking to Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Rams, or in other words a team he sees as a serious super bowl contender. I also don't see is going this direction.

Then there is this....

JJ Watt:
Takes asset, probable pick to acquire
$17.5 million
Signed for one year, hits free agency
31 years old, declining

Leonard Williams:
Free agent, no asset to acquire
$10-$11 million
Would be signed for multiple years
26 years old entering his prime

I would rather go after Williams who was more productive than Watt last year.

I think we replace one safety this year either in FA or the draft
Coach Flo's system really uses 3 safeties, and atm, that's all we have. So, you're probably right, I called for a safety or two to be drafted this year ... but it's a kinda meh class to be honest.

Coach Flo's system really uses 3 safeties, and atm, that's all we have. So, you're probably right, I called for a safety or two to be drafted this year ... but it's a kinda meh class to be honest.
Owusu-Karamoa is a hybrid LB/S who should be there at 18.

JJ was a great player and can still be good, but is no longer an every down player. For the phins he is too old and too injury prone...bad fit.

Back
Top Bottom