Any word on Igbinoghene?? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Igbinoghene??

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said he'll speak with GM Chris Grier and the coaching staff before deciding whether or not to active Myles Gaskin (knee, IR) for Week 13 against the Bengals.​

Gaskin practiced again this week but, much like last weekend, will have to wait for Flores to review practice film and talk with everyone in the organization before hearing a final decision on the former's outlook for Sunday. The Dolphins may have no choice but to activate Gaskin since Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) and DeAndre Washington (hamstring) are both doubtful while Matt Breida (illness) missed Friday's practice with an unknown illness. Patrick Laird would be the last man standing on the active roster if Gaskin can't go.
interesting that he specifically mentioned Grier. My first thought was what input could he possibly have?

BPA is a nebulous concept at best, and most teams in the top half of the draft take the premium positions, regardless. QB, pass rusher, OT, etc. A guy might be the best gaurd, or center in a decade, but that doesn't mean you take him. It just isn't an impact position.

I would also say, using your example, QB is a different situation. Either you have one, or you don't. You can only play one. Whereas you can never have too many good pass rushers, corners, recievers, etc.

And that gets us back to NI. I get the disagreement over prioritizing need and I agree I like R1 players to start game 1, but CB needs a number of talented players and Flo/Grier/scouts apparently are looking beyond '20 and saw a high ceiling. We've all been burned too many times by premature evaluation. (I suspect that phrase will get some responses.)

This pick reminds me of when we drafted Carroo. Carroo was never going to get a chance to play because of the 3 guys that we already had at WR and yet we traded up for him. of course that was in the 3rd round so this was an even worse pick because it was in the first round. So many position they could have drafted there that we needed way more and they go with what we needed the least. He might turn out to be a solid player at some point but when, in year 3? If that's the case then it'd mean two years wasted on a project picked in the first round and IF he has a good season in year 3 then you need to extend him based on ONE good season?

In the meantime Tua's still waiting for somebody to get open but by all means, lets keep drafting more corners.
Nailed it, I hated the pick as soon as it was announced, I wanted Swift.

Bust. Miami got too cute. Should have taken a RB or WR here. A corner after signing Jones?
Defensive backs are more highly valued than RBs these days. Decent O-Line can make an average RB put up Pro Bowl Stats. With the way the NFL is now with its passing, decent DBs are more valuable. I'd say that Miami pick wasnt cute. It was a smart move. Still to be seen how it will turn out. Too many ppl pulling the trigger on using the bust tag on Iggy.

This was pick we surely didn't need.. we could of used rb. With this pick..

Y'all are funny with this idea of bust. The kid is what, 20, and you think he'll get playing time over arguably two of the best DBs in the game? No, this kid is depth and development. The FO knows it takes time to develop DBs as well as that they don't plan on paying two top tier corners forever. By that time Noah will step up
Im with you on this Ruck. Coach him up, get him ready for the demands of an NFL schedule, keep his confidence up - and if that is just ST right now, so be it!! Needham is handling his business and doing it pretty well too! So far I have no reason to NOT trust Flo and Grier to make good choices, as I believe Flo is the alpha in that set up!

Back
Top Bottom