Any word on Igbinoghene?? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Igbinoghene??

I think it's great Needham is playing so well and Howard bounced back strong from the injury and wasn't traded and that Jones has adapted well to the system. And on top of that we have a first rounder waiting in the wings? Wow. I just can't find it in me to be upset about the state of our CBs.

Im with you on this Ruck. Coach him up, get him ready for the demands of an NFL schedule, keep his confidence up - and if that is just ST right now, so be it!! Needham is handling his business and doing it pretty well too! So far I have no reason to NOT trust Flo and Grier to make good choices, as I believe Flo is the alpha in that set up!
From what Flo has said, slot is not even a consideration, at this point.

Just curious, what was your opinion of Gesicki half way through his rookie year?
That he was a rookie, and he will make mistakes. I personally would have preferred Goedart as the choice there from the little "scouting" I do on college players. I certainly could tell he wasnt any sort of blocker and unsure if that skill can ever be taught. I like his size and wingspan - and if not mistaken he did set records at Penn State.

I know this is professional sports we are talking about but I was a school teacher for a number of years - and thank god the principal didnt give up on me after the first two months of my first year teaching. Our assistant principal gave us ideas that were based in best practices, made us go to seminars to become better teachers, and made us collaborate with proven teachers. My second to last year at that school I was teacher of the year!! I also understand Parcells thoughts that if the pup dont bite right away, chances are they wont, but cmon, give up on a guy in his first or even second year is why most guys here are keyboard GMs.

Never forget the threads calling for X to be cut. CB’s take time. And in the pass happy league we have now you can never have enough CBs.

Just curious, what was your opinion of Gesicki half way through his rookie year?
My opinion of Gesicki during his rookie season was that he was no help in the running game because his blocking was terrible. He also was not great at getting open in the passing game. I will admit I thought he was a wasted pick in his rookie season.

Now in season 3, I still think he is a liability in the running game. To me he is a below average TE when it comes to blocking in the running game. He is better in the passing game but I consider him merely an average TE in the NFL. He has only 30 catches in 11 games and 3 TD receptions. For a team with only one quality WR on the roster at this time, Gesicki should be more effective in the passing game than he has been this season, IMO.

I would love to see the Dolphins draft Kyle Pitts to be their primary TE and they could use Gesicki as their 2nd TE in the passing game. I just don’t see Gesicki being anything but a mediocre TE in the NFL, who from time to time can have an above average game.

Last edited:
Never forget the threads calling for X to be cut. CB’s take time. And in the pass happy league we have now you can never have enough CBs.
I think many people, including me were calling for him to be traded before the season when he was on the injury list. Because of the money he was being paid and his injury history it appeared at the time his best days might be behind him. The fact the Dolphins drafted a CB in the first round after signing Jones in free agency seemed at the time to infer the Dolphins might be looking at trading X if they got a good offer for him.

I don’t think people on here were calling for the Dolphins to cut him. Obviously X has proved that he is one of if not the best CB in the NFL and he has shown all of us who questioned him going into the season that we were wrong about him being able to get back to the player he was in 2018. I will certainly admit I was wrong in wanting the Dolphins to trade him but I certainly never wanted the Dolphins to cut him without receiving any compensation. At this point I hope X is a fixture in the Dolphins secondary for at least another 5 years or more if he can avoid more season ending injuries.

Should always have enough time to go see Ozzy
Summer before I went on disability was my busy time of the year. monsters of rock, and when it turned to Ozfest where in my busiest time of the year for work. Sorry to say I always made time for the Scorpions for some reason seen them 8 times.

Bust. Miami got too cute. Should have taken a RB or WR here. A corner after signing Jones?
Half a season playing , 20 yrs old, and wonderful potential. And, it’s the CB position. Let’s revisit this post mid-football year 2022. Everyone wants production immediately but sometimes you have to be a little patient.

Back
Top Bottom