Any word on Igbinoghene?? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Igbinoghene??

As a first round pick, he should be contributing more. Plain and simple

he’s was thrown into the game early in the season with no real preseason/training camp. Cornerback is the hardest position for rookies to learn in the nfl in my opinion with all their limits on what they can do. Add in the fact that he’s youngest player in the nfl. Kid just turned 21 like last week. Give him a year or two if he doesn’t develop as a corner look for Flo to switch him to corner as we currently have two former corners playing safety in McCain and Rowe, flo seems to like guys who have history in coverage rather than traditional safety role.

he’s was thrown into the game early in the season with no real preseason/training camp. Cornerback is the hardest position for rookies to learn in the nfl in my opinion with all their limits on what they can do. Add in the fact that he’s youngest player in the nfl. Kid just turned 21 like last week. Give him a year or two if he doesn’t develop as a corner look for Flo to switch him to corner as we currently have two former corners playing safety in McCain and Rowe, flo seems to like guys who have history in coverage rather than traditional safety role.
Agree. Corner play is very dependant on technique and leverage. As you said no real TC or preseason, which is when most teaching is done. Once the season starts, the focus changes to game planning and installs.

With Flores ability to transfer CB's into very good safety's my quriosity can't help but see Noah's future at Free Safety for us. I honestly believe with his natural ability if he has the smarts for it he could be All-Pro level FS

With Flores ability to transfer CB's into very good safety's my quriosity can't help but see Noah's future at Free Safety for us. I honestly believe with his natural ability if he has the smarts for it he could be All-Pro level FS
Maybe, but a waste of the tools, unless it's a last resort. Who knows though with Flo's "positionless" philosophy.

Even on offense, I watched a presser the other day, and when he was asked about the "slot" position, he explained that he doesn't look at it like a "slot" receiver, rather he sees it as an area of the field, used to create mismatches. Whether that be MG, Parker or whomever.

wow, he's project right now at corner but he's going to be an All pro at yet another position?

Impossible to find anything wrong with that position.

It makes me laugh!
I take that exact position. Fortunately I'm not right all that often, so there isn't a lot to remember.

In fact, there's an almost complete memory gap late 80s - early 90s. I am quite positive it was a blast though.

2 deep boundary. Don’t even think he’s in the slot rotation

Special teams

wow, he's project right now at corner but he's going to be an All pro at yet another position?
It's called a projection based off physical traits and ability. I'm sure you had the same thoughts tho when Rowe was moved to safety...

It's called a projection based off physical traits and ability. I'm sure you had the same thoughts tho when Rowe was moved to safety...
Well, Rowe had played a few years in NE already and thinking that he'd be a good safety was ok but we're talking about a guy that was a WR first then moved to corner(probably cause he didn't have WR's hands) and before he's even good enough to play corner we're talking yet another position at an All Pro level so you can see why I'd be skeptic at this point.

Well, Rowe had played a few years in NE already and thinking that he'd be a good safety was ok but we're talking about a guy that was a WR first then moved to corner(probably cause he didn't have WR's hands) and before he's even good enough to play corner we're talking yet another position at an All Pro level so you can see why I'd be skeptic at this point.
Cool... At the end of the day it's an outside the box idea I've thought about based on the athlete I've seen mixed with known evidence of Flores converting CB's into very good safeties. Go nuts with your opinions I honestly could care less.

Cool... At the end of the day it's an outside the box idea I've thought about based on the athlete I've seen mixed with known evidence of Flores converting CB's into very good safeties. Go nuts with your opinions I honestly could care less.
Go nuts with my opinions?.....lol......I'm the first one to always say that the FO/HC don't care about my opinion. It's just an opinion but trust me, I don't take this stuff to heart and neither should you. It's only a sport.

Maybe we should run some 4 CB looks as opposed to letting our LBs get exposed in coverage which has been a theme

Back
Top Bottom