Anybody hear from Muck | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody hear from Muck

we lost our shingles from our roof, trees and bushes are gone or down, and screen is gone. luckily no damage to windows of house or to cars.

in neighborbood, parents say debris everywhere and lot of people's cars windows are broken and a couple of houses had windows broken. luckily no one got hurt and only material stuff got damaged.

98 percent of power in south florida is knocked out.
FPL will take up to four weeks to get it all back up.

WHY THEY HELL DOESN'T FPL PUT THE LINES UNDERGROUND?
im pretty sure they would save money in the long run b/c it must be expensive to pay for these line fixers every time a hurricane comes and it looks like they just keep getting worse every year.

stupid fpl.
death7star, I am on a commitee that selects tranmission power line routes. We had many conversations last year about how to improve service reliabitity. Underground service is terribly expensive to install...especially retro. Streets, intersections, sidewalks, it all gets tore up to install. IF it works properly, it works significantly more reliably than above ground. If, WHEN, it fails it takes enourmous effort and disruption to restore service. Water is the big culprit. Almost all lines in south Florida would be below water table and this is not only the big problem with service life but repair requires well point to fix(after they find the ground). Any construction gaffs, digging a ditch) could be deadly for operators and workers. FPL essentially refuses to bury tranmission lines and I agree. The sheilding and waterproofing issues are not worth the cost. An item discussed heartily, one we learned about last year, was that their are definate priorities for returning power. Hospitals and fire stations get it first. Folks that are on those grids get power back first. The local realators have picked up on this and are incorparating this information into their sales pitches. Personally, I cannot believe my power was restored last night. there are 82000 people in my County without and last year I learned I was on a low priority grid. I was prepared with generators and such but it is such a pain to keep this up...and very expensive.

Any word on the Kissimmee/St Cloud and Palm Bay areas?

My folks and brother live in those areas. Looks like they got brushed and might just be without power, but I won't know until I hear from them.

I used to live in the Hollywood/Davie/Plantation area way back when. There were lots of trailer parks there 30 years ago.

Glad everyone seems to be alright!

We are getting dumped on with Rain again in NJ, they are going to evac the lower end of my town again due to heavy flooding!

Seems like it rains everyday up here lately.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

We are getting dumped on with Rain again in NJ, they are going to evac the lower end of my town again due to heavy flooding!

Same here in CT...its seems likes it has rained for 2 weeks straight now.

Well...its good to hear from you guys down in South Florida...I'm sorry to hear about the wreckage and problems Wilma caused...my thoughts and prayers go out to you people.

Go Fins!!!

Megatron said:
I'll shovel snow gladly if it means I don't have to pick up the wreckage of my home every fall.
Yeah, it was a pretty weak attempt at finding the silver lining

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Are you in North or South Jersey?

TokyoFishFan said:
Any word on the Kissimmee/St Cloud and Palm Bay areas?

My folks and brother live in those areas. Looks like they got brushed and might just be without power, but I won't know until I hear from them.

I used to live in the Hollywood/Davie/Plantation area way back when. There were lots of trailer parks there 30 years ago.
They should be fine. The eye passes over the southern end of Collier county, which pretty far south of Kissimmee. I have friends in Lakeland (which is very close to Kissimmee) and they are fine, just some tropical storm type winds.

Isn't Palm Bay a little north of Tampa? If so, they should have missed the bad stuff also.

It's been raining in upstate NY acouple of weeks now, but tonight and tomorrow we are supposed to get the snow LOL Good luck to everyone in Florida!!!!

Syra39 said:
It's been raining in upstate NY acouple of weeks now, but tonight and tomorrow we are supposed to get the snow LOL Good luck to everyone in Florida!!!!

Yeah, winter storm warning in the Pocono's!

We Have No Power Here In Miami...im Writing This On My Laptop Thanks To The Generator I Have Running...thank God It Was Cold Last Night

Good to read everyone is good down there. Mother nature is one crazy woman! Up here we have rain,rain,rain. Now they are saying anyone above 1,500ft is going to get hit with lots of heavy snow on the back end of this N'or easter. The trees still haven't even dumped their leaves yet. That spells trouble with heavy wet snow!

Good luck to everyone. My wife and I are moving to Ft. Lauderdale early next year, and these sure make me think twice every now and again. Hope everyone can get cleaned up soon, and back to their lives soon. Again, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom