Anybody know how our offense was under Gailey? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody know how our offense was under Gailey?

Disgusting.

That's the only word that comes to mind..........

Considering he had:

Leslie Shephard, Oronde Gadsden, Jay Fiedler, Hunter Goodwin, Jed Weaver, Lamar Smith, Spencer Folau at LT etc etc. It's amazing the team wasn't last or next to last offensively.

The guy made our patheticly, undertalented offensive players look pretty damn good... yes he was very conservative, but hey it worked.. and now in 2007, after mularkeys bad play calling, i think conservative is just what this team needs

Its simple.....you cant please everybody. They think Gailey is either boring, old, runs the ball too much, to much of a redneck......whatever!

The simple truth is If we get a coach that runs the ball people who want to air it out start complaining. (how many times did we abandon the run this year WHEN IT WAS WORKING!)

He knows how to run an offense, we need an offense. We have a good defense. We have a good Defensive coach.

I personally think we get Cameron or Shotty, but I trust in WH.

This place is really depressing sometimes. I wonder if VIP is any better...

Considering he had:

Leslie Shephard, Oronde Gadsden, Jay Fiedler, Hunter Goodwin, Jed Weaver, Lamar Smith, Spencer Folau at LT etc etc. It's amazing the team wasn't last or next to last offensively.

EXACTLY! and for those people saying we lack talent on offense this year, look no further than 2000-2001 seasons... We have tons of talent when compared to those seasons. He likes to run the ball and we have not one, but two great running backs. His play calling could open up the playaction long for chambers :)

Does Gailey sell tix?

His offense was 21 + 25th....do I have to spell it out...BORING....
DULL....and He is NOT even a good College Coach...

If it comes down to Schotty or Gailey, I hope we go with Schotty. Been there, done that kinda thing...Our offense wasnt THAT good when he was here.

vans12 said:
His offense was 21 + 25th....do I have to spell it out...BORING....
DULL....and He is NOT even a good College Coach...

If it comes down to Schotty or Gailey, I hope we go with Schotty. Been there, done that kinda thing...Our offense wasnt THAT good when he was here.

Yeah, scoring 41 TDs in a season with the likes of Jay Fiedler and Lamar Smith is absolutely HORRIBLE. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that people are bashing Gailey for his offenses ranking in the lower third of the league, yet don't seem to mind the fact that Schottenheimer's offense is ranked 25th in the league. Can we say "double standard?"

No Gailey

Georgia Techs offense was run a cloud of dust and the bomb. That was all we did for offense. Of course it did not help he started a Qb who couldn't throw, read defenses, or improve from his freshman year. Wait a second we had a back up that set records in the bowl game when Ball was hurt. The worst thing for me is if Gailey joins the Dolphins I improve one of my teams and hurt the other. Gailey to the Steelers!!!! Win Win for me!!!!

Yeah, scoring 41 TDs in a season with the likes of Jay Fiedler and Lamar Smith is absolutely HORRIBLE. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that people are bashing Gailey for his offenses ranking in the lower third of the league, yet don't seem to mind the fact that Schottenheimer's offense is ranked 25th in the league. Can we say "double standard?"
Where do you get 41 from...In 2001 we threw 20 TD and rushed for 14 = 34
2000 we threw 15 td and rushed for 16 = 31...where do you get 41 from?

In 2000 our offense scored 323 points and was 16 out of 31 - Average
In 2001 our offense scored 344 points and was 8 out of 31 - good

So in 2001 we had a pretty good offense, but that wasnt good enough for him to keep his job. I still dont want him here.

So in 2001 we had a pretty good offense, but that wasnt good enough for him to keep his job. I still dont want him here.

He left for a head coaching position. I don't care if you run the #1 offense in the league, if a head coaching position comes open somewhere, you try to get it. Particularly if you were a former head coach serving as a team's offensive coordinator to rebuild his reputation.

Back
Top Bottom