Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB....... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB.......

MiamiMan147 said:
Leinart has 2 NC's, a Heisman trophy, and a first overall sized contract all locked up. Someone enlighten me as to why he'll stay.
Yeah like he's not going to be getting laid all of the time if he isnt in school. I herd somebody say he loves the school atmosphere. Imagine walking around Miami being a rich football player, dont think he will miss school to much. I dont see anymore school in his future, there is nothing there that I could think of for him to stay. Unless he wants that $40,000+ piece of paper they hand him graduation day. I just cant see it.

ohall said:
Only when you have it. We're not talking about a good paying job here. We're talking about tens of millions of dollars.

Oh, I know. I wouldn't turn it down. But a select few out there might. I don't know Matt Leinart, so I don't know how he is. It would be in his best interest to go to the NFL, but I can't smack on someone for not being greedy.

minus said:
Get over it.

Only reason why A.J seem to progress because all he did was throw the underneath stuff.A.J Feeley is not even better QB than Rosenfels.I've never seen someone so overhyped in my life.

The guy went from terrible to mediocre and people are all over him like he is any good.

See people wonder why I get pizzed. You get over yourself, everyone else has. Overhyped? LOL, your just mad your Jay was replaced. AJ> Jay and > Sage. call it what you will, your as biased against AJ as anyone is for him, so you are as bad as anyone.

CK, Leinart can do those things in college, I am not sure he can in pros. I am not sold his arm is as strong as AJ's. I watched some of teh outs he threw tonite and I thought I was watching Jay, I am not talking smalk, it seemed to take the ball forever to get there. He throws a very nice seem route, it is the outs that really concern me. AJ may not be the answer, Saban may not go with him, but I am not sold Leinart is a sure fire franchise type qb. Rodgers maybe, I havent seen enough of him, but Leinart seems like a great college qb.

To say right now Leinart is better than AJ, you have to be saying Leinart would have performed better than AJ this year in this offense, that is wrong in my opinion. You cant translate Leinart tonite w/ USC vs Oklahoma to the 2004 Miami Dolphins vs NFL defenses.

Our oline was terrible most of the time. We ranked 31 of 32 in rushing. Our offensive system had no answer to the blitz. The fact that we were able to move the ball with AJ and put points on the board, and that AJ was able to cut way down on his INT's in his last 3 games, tells me that Feeley should be the guy going into next season.

On top of that, I think that if Leinart was coming out last season, he probably would have been the 4th QB picked. I dont think he has 1st or 2nd overall value.

Leinart is a good college QB who has a great pass blocking line and alot of talent around him. If you look at most of his throws(not just tonight, but all year)he kinda throws a "floater" that kinda pass will get picked or tipped away with pro DB's. I'm not saying he won't be a good NFL QB,but I wouldn't spend the #2 pick in the draft on him.JMO btw I was pulling for SC

miamirw said:
A. Leinert may not even come out.
B. Feely has a much stronger arm.
C. Playing QB in the NFL is completely different than College. Ask Gino Toretta.
D. Leinert has a superior talent surrounding him. A Superior Line, A Superior running game and superior receivers. Feely has a horrible line, a terrible running game and receivers who drop too many passes.

Why don't you put down the torch and have a little more patience. Saban and a new Offensive coordinator just might be able to give Feely the proper tools to be successful.
thats about as well as you can say it. drafting a quarterback isn't an exact science, look at how many people took qb's in the first round and what has that done for them? gino toretta, akili smith, heath shuler, rick mirer, and david klingler were monster busts. they were great in college. you just can't tell how they will respond to all the nuances the game in the NFL brings. it's practically a whole different ball game. i say draft cedric benson or we will regret it.

Back
Top Bottom