Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB....... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB.......

ckparrothead said:
Nice comeback. Proven wrong, so go after the person not the post. Good one.

If you say so. However there are too many variables in your argument. Was the pass thrown more to the left, or more to the right which would make what looks like a similar yardage pass actually end up being longer or shorter.

You still cannot remove the human aspect to this. You have no idea how hard the player was throwing the ball at that time. I tried to attack the post, but you ignored reality. Again there are too many variables for any of what you are pushing here could ever be considered scientific.

No one needs 3 nights and 4 packs of batteries for remotes to know if a QB throws harder than another.

remember dorsey threw the ball all over the field too

ckparrothead said:
I really do not think Leinart will be going to San Fran. I know they you usually can't trust what GMs say this early about the draft because of all the misdirection and whatnot, but Donahue mentioned some things about Leinart that really make me think he's not willing to take him.

The thing is, yeah GMs lie through their teeth when they need to. But the key is when they need to. No GM really needs to lie when they have the first pick in the draft. He wants someone to pony up high compensation so he could trade down and acquire a ton of picks. Well, guess what the LAST thing you want to do if you have the first pick and you want people salivating over Leinart is to sit there and talk about all of Leinart's faults and how he can't throw the ball when he runs to his right and how he's not good for your system. You do that and people think ok, they'll trade with Miami at #2 to get hold of Leinart.

The icing for me on what Donahue said about Leinart is that it really rings true. No, Leinart does not have the mobility to run San Fran's true west coast offense and throw on the run and everything. Rodgers and San Fran are like a match made in heaven so long as they are convinced Rodgers has the star potential that some of us think he does. He's mobile, has perfect mechanics, great gun on him, and he's been raised in Jeff Tedford's true west coast offense. He's a huge Montana fan to boot. I think if San Fran stays at #1 they get Rodgers. If they trade down, I don't know what happens we may lose out on Leinart.

I still like Rodgers though, so on the bright side, we get ourselves a pretty good QB if we have the guts to select one...and I take it from Saban's press conference that he is leaning toward taking a QB.

Why is Leinart perfect for Miami? He's a lefty, takes away some concerns about the LT position (not all concerns mind you), and of all the QBs you could choose from he's a guy that reminds you most of Tom Brady, a guy you have to think Saban really likes considering his friend, colleague, and mentor Belichick loves him.

The WCO does not strike me as Saban's style. If we moved toward a WCO, I'd be lobbying for Rodgers. I don't think we're going to be doing that, and so I like Leinart. He's definitely a Belichick kinda QB, and so that probably makes him a Saban kinda QB. What I think would be bad news all around, for both the 49ers an Dolphins, is if the 49ers take Leinart over Rodgers, then Miami doesn't go WCO and they take Rodgers.

The REALLY bad news would be if Leinart stays in college.

A half hour and a TiVO-like unit are all that's necessary.

You're grasping at straws now. I've told you that I judge the horizontal distance by landmarks such as the hash marks, numbers, and sidelines, and where the receiver's feet are at the time of the ball getting there. Yes, you can eyeball that distance to within 1 or maybe 2 yards, and it doesn't take all that much voodoo hooey math to do it. Once again, the landmarks are distances that I KNOW. What I have to crudely estimate is the horizontal position of the ball when it hits a guy's mitts in relation to one of those landmarks, and you only think it's soooo hard just because you want to argue against me.

The funny part is that considering the super-accurate timing, even if I misjudge the ball's distance by as much a a full 10 fricking feet, the speed probably only changes from like 56 mph to like, 52 mph.

Oh but it's not SCIENTIFIC. Oh I'm sooooo sorry.

ckparrothead said:
A half hour and a TiVO-like unit are all that's necessary.

You're grasping at straws now. I've told you that I judge the horizontal distance by landmarks such as the hash marks, numbers, and sidelines, and where the receiver's feet are at the time of the ball getting there. Yes, you can eyeball that distance to within 1 or maybe 2 yards, and it doesn't take all that much voodoo hooey math to do it. Once again, the landmarks are distances that I KNOW. What I have to crudely estimate is the horizontal position of the ball when it hits a guy's mitts in relation to one of those landmarks, and you only think it's soooo hard just because you want to argue against me.

The funny part is that considering the super-accurate timing, even if I misjudge the ball's distance by as much a a full 10 fricking feet, the speed probably only changes from like 56 mph to like, 52 mph.

:welcome:Welcome Bill Nye the Science Guy

ckparrothead said:

That's all you had to say. Nice work though on your educated guess.

LtDan662002 said:
No, I agree it would be bad news. Even if we don't want him at #2, someone will and we will make out!

Exactly. Two potential franchise QB's is much better than one when you have the #2 overall pick. And I'm willing to keep Feeley around another year, but I wouldn't mind drafting Leinart or Rogers. Let's face it, the San Diego Chargers have a pretty good problem on their hands... I wouldn't mind having the same one.

anyone who thinks leinart is a better qb than eli manning or even j.p losman doesnt know a thing about football. leinart will get eaten up in the pros. he wont be able to throw jump balls to 6'3'' receivers covered by 5'10'' defensuive backs and get away with it. the best pro prospect this year is charlie frye out of akron. his upside is beyond anyone else's what holds him up from being a first rounder is the competition he faced. we should draft brickshaw and let feeley qb next year

Shawn-l said:
This is ridiculous. Yeah, I saw Eli Manning look super human in college too! Then I saw him in the NFL and laughed. Please try to keep things in perspective people.
Eli will develope his mechanics are already better than a 4th YEAR Feeley!

ckparrothead said:
:rolleyes:

Guestimation in measurements just happens to be a very big part of science.

OK now you have gone off the deep end again. Why keep doing this?

You cannot guess measurements and call it science. Honestly CK, just stop. I respect your educated guess, but stop trying to make it a factual type of thing. It is pure speculation on your part. Again I have no problem with that.

I gotta say, i am not a leinhart fan, but he made me think twice tonight. I do think he is a bit better than Rogers. It comes down to leadership and making things happen as a QB and he surely does that. He reminds me of a southpaw Tom Brady. A good QB runs an offense. Its not about arm strength and all that other whooey they feed you all the time. Its about getting all your guys on the same page and driving your team down the field. You are a general. Not a bomb thrower, even though QB's do do that.

All that, i think he goes to SF and we are going to end up drafting a DE or DT. You watch.

At this point, i would take leinhart, but i would be even happier to get Orlovsky in the second or third becuase i think the kid can do it too for a whole lot less money.

Back
Top Bottom