Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB....... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB.......

chambers84 said:
I haven't been hiding.. I just don't sit on a message board everyday and stay glued to it unlike you obviously. Feeley has had what 1 maybe 2 good games?? Feeley hasn't stopped thowing INTS, he's just had a break from being is usual crap self. Our Defense beat New England, not Feeley, so don't start with that crap. Feeley didn't create 4 INTS...(at least not that game, but almost every other...for the other team!!!!) Thanks for being done with me. Feeley ISN'T THE ANSWER!!! WHERE WILL YOU BE HIDING NEXT YEAR IF FEELEY DOES START FOR US AND SUCKS????

I dont hide cause I dont make fuking bold statements that I have to run from. 62% completion percentage led three td drives, yeah Feeley had nothing to do with the NE win, your right, he didnt throw a clutch pressure 21 yd td pass on 4th and ten. Leinart = avg arm, AJ = strong arm. Leinart = great supporting college team, AJ = young first year starter carrying offense. Why is it SF who needs a qb as bad as you think we do is going to trade out of teh #1 spot? even you said they were. If Leinart or Rodgers are such franchise type qbs, then why wouldnt a team even more pathetic take one of them? Face it the cold in ALaska frozen your brain. Remember blanket "know it all" statements create the need to run an hide. I am not on all the time either, but i dont disappear for weeks at a time, when I make statements that arent true.

ckparrothead said:
You are entitled to your opinion but as far as the timing goes, I am accurate to within a thirtieth of a second because I measure it digitally with digital recording equipment. The most inaccurate part of my method is measuring the distances. But, that is not as easy as you think either. Meanwhile, ESPN Sunday Night Football has taken to measuring the speeds of various passes, and thanks to them, I have some pretty esteemed verification of my own measurements, because yes, I've clocked, on my own using my method, pass speeds that they clocked and came out with pretty darn similar results.

You don't get it. The lines say however many yards but how far did the ball really travel? There's no way for you tell that looking at it from video. Further you have no idea if the pass you are looking at was even a pass that the QB was trying to put any zip on or not. There are too many variables.

Sorry your conclusions are NOT scientific, and at the very least are flawed.

all these touch down passes are great catches, mediocre throws... that last one, number 2 had to reach across his body when he was wide open

ckparrothead said:
A. Point taken.
B. This is not true, and keep in mind that I have actually clocked the speed of well over 20 of AJ Feeley's fastball passes, and probably about a dozen of Leinart's fastball passes. AJ might have a little bit of an advantage in this area, but it is slim.
C. I'll ask Gino Toretta, but first I'll ask Peyton Manning.
D. Leinart's surrounding cast in USC, outside of Reggie Bush, is not all that respectable. No doubt that AJ's surrounding cast was comparatively worst, however, Leinart's production is about 10 times better than Feeley's TO DATE.

And by the way, Andy Reid had a choice of whether to try and keep AJ Feeley as his primary backup to McNabb, or keep Koy Detmer. He chose Koy, he traded AJ, and I don't think it was because he had no hopes of keeping AJ as some would have you believe. AJ loved the team, loved the city, had a serious girlfriend on a local sports team, and even had a radio show in Philly, and was wildly popular with the fans. But instead of trying to keep him, Andy Reid tried to trade him two years in a row. I don't think he disliked AJ, but I think he thought Koy to be the wiser choice to be McNabb's permanent backup.

Well closet AJ hater, you can come out now. 1 Koy under contract, AJ not. 2 Aj had interest and brought value in return, Koy would not. Miami, Clev and Pitt interested in AJ. Reid DID whether you want to sidestep it or not drafted AJ when he had only a handful of games a year and half before he was drafted. He saw potential, he also saw the opportunity to get draft picks, something Koy couldnt bring. Leinart outperforming AJ? you comparing college to pros now?

You don't get it. The lines say however many yards but how far did the ball really travel? There's no way for you tell that looking at it from video. Further you have no idea if the pass you are looking at was even a pass that the QB was trying to put any zip on or not. There are too many variables.

The mistake is that you do not think I have accounted for that, which makes me think that no you did NOT read my original posts when I clocked a ton of AJ Feeley passes vs Fiedler passes, back before this season even began.

Hard? Not really. The pythagorean theorem helps. Or maybe some may want to call it "voodoo hooey math" I'm equipped with EXACT field dimensions, of both college football fields, and pro football fields. Did you know that the NFL field is wider than the college field? I did. And I guarantee I knew exactly by how much when i measured those passes. Did you know that the sideline NUMBERS are exactly two yards tall? Yes, the "30" the "40" the "50" they are all the same height, maybe you can call it 4,452 point font (lol), but they are all exactly 2 yards in height.

I don't do anything half-@ssed. And I certainly don't come out with stats like that unless I've thought 15 steps ahead. It's pretty simple to eyeball EXACTLY how far down the field vertically that the ball traveled, and it is somewhat harder but certainly not impossible to estimate how far horizontally the ball traveled by using landmarks such as the hash marks, the numbers, and the sidelines, along with the QB's legs, and the WR's legs. From there, apply your pythagorean theorem, and you've got the distance the ball traveled, to within a few yards if not a few feet. Then, if you've got accurate timing information, which thankfully I have to the thirtieth of a second, you can EASILY figure it all out.

And, as I stated. I put my own measurements up against throws that ESPN clocked with their equipment (which I'm sure works on the same principals that my measurements do) and the measurements were favorably similar.

But I'm glad you just assume I'm a half-@ssed dimwit who doesn't know what he's doing, Ohall. I'm glad you're the authority on what is or is not "scientific" LOL!

Well closet AJ hater, you can come out now. 1 Koy under contract, AJ not. 2 Aj had interest and brought value in return, Koy would not. Miami, Clev and Pitt interested in AJ. Reid DID whether you want to sidestep it or not drafted AJ when he had only a handful of games a year and half before he was drafted. He saw potential, he also saw the opportunity to get draft picks, something Koy couldnt bring. Leinart outperforming AJ? you comparing college to pros now?

I'm not a closet AJ hater. I like AJ. I just see him for what he is...he's a system QB that will need a really good cast and a great defense to win a championship. Leinart to me looks like a QB who makes plays on his own, a lot like Brady. When you get a chance to pick up a QB like that, I think you take it, even if you did give up a whole 2nd round pick for Feeley. People are far too turned off to first round QBs IMO. For every Tim Couch there's a Peyton Manning, IMO.

ckparrothead said:
I'm not a closet AJ hater. I like AJ. I just see him for what he is...he's a system QB that will need a really good cast and a great defense to win a championship. Leinart to me looks like a QB who makes plays on his own, a lot like Brady. When you get a chance to pick up a QB like that, I think you take it, even if you did give up a whole 2nd round pick for Feeley. People are far too turned off to first round QBs IMO. For every Tim Couch there's a Peyton Manning, IMO.

CK:

Your making too much sense and the A.J lovers are out on a rampage.

rickeyrunsover said:

Get over it.

Only reason why A.J seem to progress because all he did was throw the underneath stuff.A.J Feeley is not even better QB than Rosenfels.I've never seen someone so overhyped in my life.

The guy went from terrible to mediocre and people are all over him like he is any good.

chambers84 said:
Ok a risk he may be, but a better risk than Feeley. Sure we gave a 2nd round pick up for him, but let it go, he sucks, let's move on to something bigger and better. I personally would rather have Aaron Rodgers over Leinart, but no matter what, these Feeley huggers will argue that we should keep Feeley as our starting QB, just like the FIEDLER HUGGERS did, so I'll stick to one player for this week..... ;)

Aye. I don't know how to compare contrast him to Feeley. They seem much like the same kind of QB on the surface. I'm going to be very picky on our #2 pick. He better be the best damn player on the face of the earth or I'm going to pull my hair out.

I have to admit that was a nice deep ball to the sideline on that last drive. Most of the time I'm very skeptical of Leinart.

Your making too much sense and the A.J lovers are out on a rampage.

I loved AJ before the season began. I still like him. But I have seen other talented QBs take the same opportunities AJ has had, and turn them into much better performances than AJ has had, and yes in the pros. Is AJ better than Fiedler? Certainly...and I think that's part of why some people are still enamoured with him is they just want anyone but Fiedler. Is AJ another Tom Brady or Jake Delhomme or other super bowl quality QB? No, I really don't think so. The situation was not right for AJ Feeley to be successful here, and I don't think it ever will be right until we move to the WCO and give him a year or two to learn all of the nuances of it, then give him good offensive weapons and a good defense. What are the chances that we get all of that with all of the leaks we keep springing all over this team every other month?

ckparrothead said:
I loved AJ before the season began. I still like him. But I have seen other talented QBs take the same opportunities AJ has had, and turn them into much better performances than AJ has had, and yes in the pros. Is AJ better than Fiedler? Certainly...and I think that's part of why some people are still enamoured with him is they just want anyone but Fiedler. Is AJ another Tom Brady or Jake Delhomme or other super bowl quality QB? No, I really don't think so. The situation was not right for AJ Feeley to be successful here, and I don't think it ever will be right until we move to the WCO and give him a year or two to learn all of the nuances of it, then give him good offensive weapons and a good defense. What are the chances that we get all of that with all of the leaks we keep springing all over this team every other month?

I wouldn't even say he is that much better than Fiedler.Biggest reason why people are in love with him is because of his arm.I guess people just fell in love with the first live arm they see since Marino.

Well, I've argued with you about this in the past minus, but at least now you're admitting that AJ Feeley has a better arm than Fiedler.

ckparrothead said:
The mistake is that you do not think I have accounted for that, which makes me think that no you did NOT read my original posts when I clocked a ton of AJ Feeley passes vs Fiedler passes, back before this season even began.

Hard? Not really. The pythagorean theorem helps. Or maybe some may want to call it "voodoo hooey math" I'm equipped with EXACT field dimensions, of both college football fields, and pro football fields. Did you know that the NFL field is wider than the college field? I did. And I guarantee I knew exactly by how much when i measured those passes. Did you know that the sideline NUMBERS are exactly two yards tall? Yes, the "30" the "40" the "50" they are all the same height, maybe you can call it 4,452 point font (lol), but they are all exactly 2 yards in height.

I don't do anything half-@ssed. And I certainly don't come out with stats like that unless I've thought 15 steps ahead. It's pretty simple to eyeball EXACTLY how far down the field vertically that the ball traveled, and it is somewhat harder but certainly not impossible to estimate how far horizontally the ball traveled by using landmarks such as the hash marks, the numbers, and the sidelines, along with the QB's legs, and the WR's legs. From there, apply your pythagorean theorem, and you've got the distance the ball traveled, to within a few yards if not a few feet. Then, if you've got accurate timing information, which thankfully I have to the thirtieth of a second, you can EASILY figure it all out.

And, as I stated. I put my own measurements up against throws that ESPN clocked with their equipment (which I'm sure works on the same principals that my measurements do) and the measurements were favorably similar.

But I'm glad you just assume I'm a half-@ssed dimwit who doesn't know what he's doing, Ohall. I'm glad you're the authority on what is or is not "scientific" LOL!

Good lord I always knew you were full of yourself, but this is just silly.

OK Capt. Kirk you're right it is scientific.

Back
Top Bottom