Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB....... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody not wanting Leinart over Feeley as our QB.......

Thank you Matt Leinart for playing your way into the #1 pick and forcing yourself into the draft. Although you once again benefited from the all world supporting cast on that USC team, you are still nowhere as good as where you will be picked. Thank you for making our #2 pick all the more valuable now that you will enter the draft.

I will say this about Leinart, he hangs in there, but still doesn't have the arm to be a pure pocket passer. I really wish OU hadn't killed themselves with turnovers so we could see a closer game in order to see if Leinart could carry USC on his shoulders. Guess we'll just have to wait till he takes the field for the hapless Niners.

PS:Someone please get Norm Chow on the phone to see if he wants a job...

PackPhin said:
Thank you Matt Leinart for playing your way into the #1 pick and forcing yourself into the draft. Although you once again benefited from the all world supporting cast on that USC team, you are still nowhere as good as where you will be picked. Thank you for making our #2 pick all the more valuable now that you will enter the draft.

I will say this about Leinart, he hangs in there, but still doesn't have the arm to be a pure pocket passer. I really wish OU hadn't killed themselves with turnovers so we could see a closer game in order to see if Leinart could carry USC on his shoulders. Guess we'll just have to wait till he takes the field for the hapless Niners.

PS:Someone please get Norm Chow on the phone to see if he wants a job...

They kept saying on the game that Leinart is still leaning towards staying in school. I just hope this game gives him no choice- conventional wisdom would tell you it doesn't give him a choice- his stock might never be higher. But the kid apparently loves going to school and enjoys the college atmosphere- so I could still- as nuts as it sounds- see him staying at USC.

If he doesn't come out, then I hope he breaks his arm like Andrew Walter and ends up in the 3rd round. :)

J/k...

Maybe not.

He better come out. I want max value for that #2

PackPhin said:
He better come out. I want max value for that #2

No doubt. But would it surprise you if he stayed? I mean, we finally have a top 5 pick and it figures there is no one locked in at the #2 overall. There is EVERY year- not the year we pick there. So it wouldn't surprise me if Leinart wrecked this draft even more and stayed in school.

Leinart has 2 NC's, a Heisman trophy, and a first overall sized contract all locked up. Someone enlighten me as to why he'll stay.

MiamiMan147 said:
Leinart has 2 NC's, a Heisman trophy, and a first overall sized contract all locked up. Someone enlighten me as to why he'll stay.

I said why before- he apparently LOVES being a college kid. Maybe he doesn't care about money. I can't hold a grudge against the kid if that's the case. I wish there were more people like that.

xXxpHiN34 said:
why are the majority of people who use chambers in some form in their finheaven names such *&^%$% :confused:

mind boggling

Who remembers that other Chambers34phins character :lol:

the one who insisted that Aj fumbled when it was really minor, and started a 1o pg thread:roflmao:

you guys are out there!!:goof:
hey hey hey! what did do? I gotta be the exception. right?

Well, Swann just asked Leinart about next year and he said he couldn't answer it right now- said it would be a tough decision. That's not what he was saying before this game.

Yeah, he doesn't care about the money. He'd rather share a room in a dorm than live in a mansion. He'd rather drive his 1999 whatever than a Bentley cruiser. He'd rather borrow money from mom&dad for beer than guzzle $6K bottles of champagne like its Gatorade. If that's the case he makes Ricky look sane.

...ok, that last part was an exaggeration.

Tough decision my ***, he probably doesn't want to bring his teammates down while they're still euphoric over their NC. He's got nothing to stay for. Nothing.

MiamiMan147 said:
Yeah, he doesn't care about the money. He'd rather share a room in a dorm than live in a mansion. He'd rather drive his 1999 whatever than a Bentley cruiser. He'd rather borrow money from mom&dad for beer than guzzle $6K bottles of champagne like its Gatorade. If that's the case he makes Ricky look sane.

...ok, that last part was an exaggeration.

Money isn't everything man.

MiamiMan147 said:
Tough decision my ***, he probably doesn't want to bring his teammates down while they're still euphoric over their NC. He's got nothing to stay for. Nothing.

The only thing that can happen is he gets injured and loses millions of dollars if he returns to USC. As it stands now he going to have at least 10 million in the bank by the start of the 2005 NFL season. It's a no brainer.

Now will SF take him?

FireWrongstedt said:
Money isn't everything man.

Only when you have it. We're not talking about a good paying job here. We're talking about tens of millions of dollars.

Back
Top Bottom