Anyone But Harrington | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone But Harrington

I never liked Harrington, but we really needed a back-up quarterback at a reasonable price and he's better than Maddox & Martin in my honest opinion

You may have never liked him before now, but get ready to like him from now on DBetter! I expect him to do very well once he picks up on our playbook and all that he has to learn!

jason8er said:
I've heard of dolphins colored glasses, but dolphins colored ear plugs now too? Come on is right.

Seriously, have you really not heard this stuff before? Berating Millen on the pronunciation of "Oregon" at his first press conference as a Lion? Or the players like the out-spoken Dre Bly saying Harrington was the reason Marriuci got fired? Even Tony Sirigusa couldn't keep quiet and called Harrington, "strawberries and chocolate".

I want Harrington to do well here like any real fan would. But I'm not going to act like some homer idiot when he gets here and suddenly ignore any legitimate concerns.

I'm not acting like a homer idiot.
I don't think the concerns you brought up hold any water let alone the fact that you hadn't shown any verification of your viewpoint. Now that you have I still don't see anything of merit to show Harrington has great potential to become a malcontent in the Phins lockeroom.

Thanks for the opportunity to be insulted by a poster with a friggin Transformer robot in their avatar.
Was Barney or Tickle me Elmo not available?

Priceless! :lol:

Fin_dlayOhioFin said:
Jason, you are wrong 100%

When Joey was benched and when he played....one thing was consistent

===> his character & classiness

He never offered ill will towards his team or teammates even when they threw him under the bus (Dre Bly) so your "supposed to be a jacka$$ comment" is way out of left field...

I do suspect maybe he'll take a shot or 2 when he is officially no longer a Lion, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't do that either b/c he always seems to take the high road. He's a good person and teammate from what I have seen & heard!

Welcome aboard Joey!!!
I've heard this too. Some on the Lions board said this and can't understand why he is so disliked by his team mates. However, he is disliked, so hence my concern. I hope your right though. I really do.

Trekbiz said:
I'm not acting like a homer idiot.
I don't think the concerns you brought up hold any water let alone the fact that you hadn't shown any verification of your viewpoint. Now that you have I still don't see anything of merit to show Harrington has great potential to become a malcontent in the Phins lockeroom.

Thanks for the opportunity to be insulted by a poster with a friggin Transformer robot in their avatar.
Was Barney or Tickle me Elmo not available?

Priceless! :lol:
"Homer idiot" was a general term not directed specifically at you. However, after that post..... :shakeno:

Fact: The #2 to DC must be a guy that has taken plenty of snaps in NFL games as he may very well be asked to play the first 4 or 5 games this year. A rookie will not work because no experiance equals disaster. I'm not saying a rookis can't trot out there and give it a shot I'm saying that the results may just end up in Miami Dolphin loses. None of us wants to start the DC era in that fashion. Harrington works for me in that he's had mucho starts and with great players and coaches around him the end product just might be excellent. At worst I believe he could lead us to a 2-2 record and then turn the keys to Daunte.

BSQX4 said:
Fact: The #2 to DC must be a guy that has taken plenty of snaps in NFL games as he may very well be asked to play the first 4 or 5 games this year. A rookie will not work because no experiance equals disaster. I'm not saying a rookis can't trot out there and give it a shot I'm saying that the results may just end up in Miami Dolphin loses. None of us wants to start the DC era in that fashion. Harrington works for me in that he's had mucho starts and with great players and coaches around him the end product just might be excellent. At worst I believe he could lead us to a 2-2 record and then turn the keys to Daunte.

Big Ben, Brady?

anyone against getting a 1st rounder that played for a horrible organization, and offense, for a 6th rounder who rarely serve as more than a project back-up should give their head a shake, and realize what a potential steal this could be................have fun eating crow

the guy just needs a change of scenery, and there will be less pressure on him in miami (better D, better running game)

gunnakillbrady said:
Am I the only one that is completely against this potential move???
If we didn't have Daunte, and we were trading for JH to be our long-term solution at QB, there would be a LOOOOOOOONG list of people scrathing their heads.

But this is for a b/u role - maybe starting early in the season depending on Pepper's knee. As a b/u, you're not going to get much better than a guy like Harrington. We should be so lucky!!! He's not THAT bad.

dolfan005 said:
Ill take Harrington. In a new situation he may accel. If he plays well maybe we get a higher pick for him than we gave up, Harrington adds the most "value".

:yeahthat:...Plus,he says he wants to play for miami..You gotta remember hes our backup and Im sure hell play fine...just my 2 cents,i'm all for him.

all you people that say that harrington sucks, and he blows are going to be the same people on when he comes in and wins 3 of 4 games and spout out i told you we should have taken harrington. he will be fine. a new system, a better offensive line and some pretty damn good weapons. hes got the talent, now we will see him use it. im for it!

Back
Top Bottom