Anyone But Harrington | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone But Harrington

-if not him than who??...honestly? the next best option is Kerry Collins, and even then, were only using them for a couple of weeks until Culpepper is ready to play, (assuming he wont be ready for the start of the season), and 4 insurance just in case of any further injury. how is this a bad move? having a young QB that was a starter 4 a couple of years as an insurance policy? u cant go wrong! besides, its only a 6th round pick!

fins54 said:
For a 2007, 6th round pick...Its a no brainer!!

Harrington is MUCH better than Maddox and he has the talent to thrive on another team. After a year or two he will be good trade bait, and I'll bet we will get more than a 6th for him!

Absolutely!

Saban, at worst can bargain for more picks in a couple of years, and at best...

It is concievable that Joey beats out Dante, or if the knee gets re-injured Saban is in a much better position at QB to win right now, not in a couple of years...

Nick is one sharp guy. If it weren't for a few plays last year (McMichael fumbles) we would have gone to the playoffs last year and possibly even won the East.

This year he will be even better prepared to conquer and divide... :evil:

You may be against it, but thank heavens Saban isn't. Harrington will thrive under Saban & Mularky, and put a good OL & running game around him and who knows what he might do.

In Saban We Trust!

Pigskin Pimp said:
Not to mention the QB contraversy the Media will undoubtably create this offseason with the acquisition of Harrington, what with him so young and this being his chance to rejuvinate his career.
Unless Harrington improves by an unimaginable amount, there's no way he's anywhere near the player Culpepper is. And if he did improve that much, then you wait until Culpepper is healthy and trade Harrington and, at the very least, recoup whatever draft choice the 'Phins gave up to get him.

gunnakillbrady said:
Am I the only one that is completely against this potential move???
Harrington is supposed to be a real jacka$$, and not real liked in the locker room. Hopefully a change of address changes that. If it doesn't, and Culp misses some time early on, then we may start the season on a sour note.

dorsaroll156 said:
i am to.i really dont want him here.the worst possible move we could make right now

Then I sure am glad you dont make any decisions for our team. Because you must do extensive research on every player in the NFL. You must've been at the Scouting Combines, and Training Camps. I mean, you MUST have if you say this is the worst move we can make.

For a 6TH round pick? What does anyone usually get with that? Ok, Tom Brady went late, so did Zach. But that is rare!

Do you earn an NFL paycheck? No?

I figured

jason8er said:
Harrington is supposed to be a real jacka$$, and not real liked in the locker room. Hopefully a change of address changes that. If it doesn't, and Culp misses some time early on, then we may start the season on a sour note.

Supposed to be? I'm supposed to be rich but I'm not. Who said he's supposed to be a jacka$$?

Harrington has been a starter in Detroit, now he's comin to play backup.. I don't get how anyone can be against someone comin in to play backup that was just a starter somewhere else. Perhaps a smarter move would be draft someone in the 3rd that has 0 NFL experience? Come on now, let's be real.

gunnakillbrady said:
Am I the only one that is completely against this potential move???

you should be the only one.

It is absolutely critical this team obtains a player that has started and can successfully start in this league even if by successful starter that means simply average play.

If we go into this season with Lemon potentially starting our first quarter or half of our games we would be writing off this season.

Who else do you suggest they go after if not Harrington.
Don't give me Maddox either, Harrington is a step above Maddox.

SpurzN703 said:
Supposed to be? I'm supposed to be rich but I'm not. Who said he's supposed to be a jacka$$?
It's been reported many times that he is the most disliked person in the Detroit locker room.

Even some trainers at Oregon thought he was an idiot.

Sorry, I don't have a link for you. But I've heard it many times before, and it's been on this forum many times before also. Like I said before, hopefully a change of address helps him.

This is the same poster who started another thread a while back suggesting we should get Heath Shuler or Ryan Leaf before we trade for Harrington......nuff said!

jason8er said:
It's been reported many times that he is the most disliked person in the Detroit locker room.

Sorry, I don't have a link for you. But I've heard it many times before, and it's been on this forum many times before also. Like I said before, hopefully a change of address helps him.

You've heard through the grapevine.......

Hardly anything I would take as fact.
Nothing personal but really come on.

jason8er said:

People thought Ricky was a nutball. I mean everyone has a different opinion. Everyone IS different. Harrington can either come here and be a team guy, or not. I figure with Saban at the helm, he can school Harrington real quick. If JH doesn't like it, then he can hit the pavement

Back
Top Bottom