Anyone But Harrington | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone But Harrington

LarryFinFan said:
No, just read thru the 457 Harrington threads and you'll see all kinds of anti-Harrington sentiment.

Then I feel better, and to whoever said Harrington has tremendous upside....WHERE'S THE PROOF?!?!?

Harrington is the best option out there (if we can make a reasonable trade). He has the potential to be a starter in the right situation. He won't be asked to win games on his own, he'll work within a team concept and that may be what he needs. This would also give us insurance in case Cullpepper doesn't fully recover from his injury. Either way we still draft a young quarterback for the future.

clbrazee said:
Harrington is the best option out there (if we can make a reasonable trade). He has the potential to be a starter in the right situation. He won't be asked to win games on his own, he'll work within a team concept and that may be what he needs. This would also give us insurance in case Cullpepper doesn't fully recover from his injury. Either way we still draft a young quarterback for the future.

Charlie Whitehurst?

We need a backup QB....Harrington is just one option but I still think Collins would be better.

gunnakillbrady said:
Am I the only one that is completely against this potential move???

Against move only if it involves our 3rd or 4th round pick. If the pick value's right, I want Joey Harrington very badly as our #2 QB.

Who's left for #2 QB?

Jay Fiedler? Those bridges are burned and bad shoulder.
Tommy Maddox? 34 year old much worse than Harrington last year w/ similar career stats.
Kerry Collins? Is looking to retire unless a team makes it worth his while with starter money.
Jamie Martin? Coming of better 2005 and completes more passes than Joey but is 36 and throws more INT than TDs in high powered Rams offense.
Anthony Wright? Was worse than Joey last year, and career.
Others veterans with starting experience to pick from include Ty Detmer, Shane Matthews, Jeff Blake, and Tony Banks. All far past whatever primes they may have ever had.

Collins > Harrington > Maddux

I don't like Harrington really but who else is out there? J Martin?

Rather get a guy with some experience. But the way Millen is negotiating, forget it. Really I am like a couple of others, anyone but Maddux. Why do we want a version of our own Vinny Testaverde?

gunnakillbrady said:
Then I feel better, and to whoever said Harrington has tremendous upside....WHERE'S THE PROOF?!?!?

Think tremondous upside is a reach, but has definate upside. From 2002-2004 improved every year to a semi-respectable (not spectacular) 2004 with 56% completions, 19 TD, 12 INT. Back tracked last year but curve different for every player. Took Brees until his 4th year before things clicked. Including a good year two followed by a bad year three leading to the Rivers pick.

I don't like Harrington either - he throws way too many picks for me - but maybe it was the system in Detroit, or lack of an O-line. If he still has any cahunas left, Saban may be able to coach him up. Physically the guy is a stud (no ****).

harrington, martin, etc. all blow... there's a reason they're free agents or teams are shopping them for a 7th round pick. But with that, we need a backup QB. Hopefully Saban picks the best option for us.

gunnakillbrady said:
Jamie Martin would be my favorite option right now

Then you're insane. He's 36 years old, pretty brittle himself (he got injured as a backup the year Bulger took over), and he pretty much sucks.

Harrington didn't exactly light it up but he's younger and has a lot more potential. We've seen all Jamie has to offer....and that isn't much.

Of the potential backups out there Harrington's the one with the most upside, and the most trade value of he plays well in clean up duty during the season.

If we were discussing obtaining Harrington to be our starting QB I'd be the first one holding up crosses and garlic wreaths and searching for my pitchfork and burning brand to storm Dolphin Stadium.

I want Harrington to be our #2.....the majority seems to agree. The poll on here gives him 63% of the vote, Collins about 22% and Flutie and Martin splitting the remaining 15%

Fin_dlayOhioFin said:
I want Harrington to be our #2.....the majority seems to agree. The poll on here gives him 63% of the vote, Collins about 22% and Flutie and Martin splitting the remaining 15%
Please, the votes are as they are because that's who it seemed we were going to get at the time.

If the Dolphins had never sniffed Harrington and were in extreme negotiations with Collins it would be lopsided his way and we all know it.

I'm against Harrinton simply because it's going to cost a draft pick. Whatever Veteran we pick up this offseason will essentially be looking at a one year deal - and that includes Harrington. Therefore, I want a guy who can come in and start ASAP - not some guy with "Tremendous Upside." Define upside, rediculous argument.

Not to mention the QB contraversy the Media will undoubtably create this offseason with the acquisition of Harrington, what with him so young and this being his chance to rejuvinate his career. It's all bad: From what he'll cost, to what he's proven, to what he could do to the locker room.

Give me Maddox or Collins. Say no to Harrington.

I don't see how any Q.B. would have been successful in Detroit. Their front office is amoungst the worst in the league. In the right system with a guy like Saban calling the shots the kid might be a different player. Big potential upside and I think the best available choice.

gunnakillbrady said:
Am I the only one that is completely against this potential move???

i am to.i really dont want him here.the worst possible move we could make right now

Back
Top Bottom