Anyone But Harrington | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone But Harrington

harrington is alot better than Feidler and we won with him..so I say Bring Joey On!!

dolfan005 said:
Ill take Harrington. In a new situation he may accel. If he plays well maybe we get a higher pick for him than we gave up, Harrington adds the most "value".

Nope sorry, its a 1 year deal

Trekbiz said:
You've heard through the grapevine.......

Hardly anything I would take as fact.
Nothing personal but really come on.
I've heard of dolphins colored glasses, but dolphins colored ear plugs now too? Come on is right.

Seriously, have you really not heard this stuff before? Berating Millen on the pronunciation of "Oregon" at his first press conference as a Lion? Or the players like the out-spoken Dre Bly saying Harrington was the reason Marriuci got fired? Even Tony Sirigusa couldn't keep quiet and called Harrington, "strawberries and chocolate".

I want Harrington to do well here like any real fan would. But I'm not going to act like some homer idiot when he gets here and suddenly ignore any legitimate concerns.

My brother-in-law is a Detroit native and lives for the Lions. He's always said that he likes Harrington and was mad at the possibility of him leaving. C'mon guys, of all the options out there to come in and play in a backuprole who better than a top draft pic starter!? He played for the Lions.........the LIONS! Haven't you ever been in a job that sucked, and management sucked, and your co-workers sucked and no matter what you did you just couldn't enjoy it? This is no different. You go somewhere else and you prove yourself. We're getting a young starter with alot of talent and something to prove...for a 7th round pick. I don't see how this is a bad thing. Not even close.

SpurzN703 said:
People thought Ricky was a nutball. I mean everyone has a different opinion. Everyone IS different. Harrington can either come here and be a team guy, or not. I figure with Saban at the helm, he can school Harrington real quick. If JH doesn't like it, then he can hit the pavement
My thoughts exactly.

Dolphins7213 said:
harrington is alot better than Feidler and we won with him..so I say Bring Joey On!!

What did we win with Fiedler?

With our defense we won some games against mostly bad football teams, but you can hardly say the Fiedler era was a success.

Re:

gunnakillbrady said:
The problem is he thinks he can start and wants to start and he'll piss games away no matter how much talent surrounds him offensively

He's had three head coaches in four years, and three offensive coordinators for crying out loud. Who could succeed in such an environment?

Well, maybe you and a couple others. Thankfully you don't make the decisions...:wink

couldnt have said it better myself. if you guys dont want him thats your problem. but since Daunte has some ? marks and we obviously needed a backup. i think it is not as much of a sure thing to take Joey, there are solid vets like Martin but i think if Daunte is too damaged (its possible) i really think that we have a potential franchise Qb as our backup. hes young and i think in our offense and a new start he would do well. he was the 3rd pick, so he has the physical tools. yes hes been shaky in Detroit, but you have to realize Mooch had him in the Accuracy stressed dink and dime West Coast offense. he may not be a great QB, and he isn't one of the guys that can come in right away and play well, and i think he isnt good enough to fit in any system, but i think with our talent and system of running the ball and throwing the ball downfield, we could exploit his strong arm on the deep ball to CC and his accuaracy would not be as important. i think with a new start and a offense like ours he would be pretty solid. and for a 6th rounder thats a deal. thats like getting culpepp for a 2nd. dont be scared. on the surface.... i agree i looks bad. but saban is the coach and the genius not you guys. when you take the time to really look at it and understand i think you would see what he could develop into is easily worth the gamble. you never get a player like a Harrington or Culpepper with out some ? marks or uncertainty. you have to take a chance and see what happens. better go for greatness and possibly win it all, then settle for mediocrity and take no risks and have Gus and jamie martin as our QB's. you cant expect to be great while being a P*ssy and taking no leaps of faith. you have to take risks. i think DC and JoeY H are more than worth the risk and for the first time since Danny we have a franchise Qb, maybe even 2 of them. im jacked for next year. GO PHINS

gunnakillbrady said:
Jamie Martin would be my favorite option right now

What makes Martin a significant upgrade over Harrington? Remember, Joey is a stop gap until DC recovers, has been a starter for his entire career, & is younger/more mobile than Martin.

I just don't see how you can't be happy with Joey...he certainly has a better upside that Jamie Martin, Jay Fielder, Anthony Wright, Tommy Maddox, and any of the other backups that may be available.

Rubbin420 said:
Nope sorry, its a 1 year deal

Wrong, it was the Bengals who offered him a one year deal, our team offered a 2 year deal.

jason8er said:
Harrington is supposed to be a real jacka$$, and not real liked in the locker room. Hopefully a change of address changes that. If it doesn't, and Culp misses some time early on, then we may start the season on a sour note.
Jason, you are wrong 100%

When Joey was benched and when he played....one thing was consistent

===> his character & classiness

He never offered ill will towards his team or teammates even when they threw him under the bus (Dre Bly) so your "supposed to be a jacka$$ comment" is way out of left field...

I do suspect maybe he'll take a shot or 2 when he is officially no longer a Lion, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't do that either b/c he always seems to take the high road. He's a good person and teammate from what I have seen & heard!

Welcome aboard Joey!!!

Back
Top Bottom