anyone else scared that we r going downhill. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else scared that we r going downhill.

Redneck Friend said:
yes! i do not think we will have the record we did last year.

not only the secondary, but not having ricky is going to hurt
a lot more than most think. he was the BIGGEST factor in
the 6 game streak.

the o-line does not look improved to me, although i like the
move of making hadnot the full time center, the lineup
last year was looking great! mcintosh was fine at lt and
realy came on in the 2nd half of the season. shelton is not
the answer, injury and lack of dicipline is his m.o.!

the qb's or should i say duante, needs to stay healthy. that
is a big crap shoot. to go the whole season on that kind of
repair is asking a lot, expecially for a guy his size and who is
so mobile!!

joey stinks, and if we have to rely on him when teams are game
planning, OUCH!! i hope they promote cleo and FINALLY develope
some talent.

out depth across the board is sceptical at best.

i don't see a super bowl this year, or playoffs.
Let's see...

We added depth in the secondary. Yes, we have injuries but there is still over 3 weeks until the opener. We replaced Lance "I can't run anymore" Schulters with Jason Allen and rid ourselves of Reggie Howard.

Our linebackers are pretty much the same accept Channing Crowder has another year of experience.

Out D-line is also pretty much the same accpet we added Big Daddy to help spell Traylor and Matt Roth has another year of experience.

Offensively we upgraded, yes UPGRADED our O-line with the addition of Shelton and moving Hadnot to guard.

We added a good young reciever to the mix (Hagan) and added a good back up tight end (Peele).

To top off all of that we replaced a Gus and a Sage with Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington. Is Harrington the answer? No, but he is still an upgrade over Rosenfels. I really don't think some people realize just how much of an upgrade Daunte Culpepper is...

Your point was basically that losing Ricky will do more to make this team worse then the additions of an All Pro quarterback, another year in the system for all the players, improved secondary play and another years experience for our young players (Ronnie, Channing, Daniels and Roth)...

...your'e VASTLY over valueing Ricky's importance to this team.

I love this time of year...all the "sky is falling" posters come out of the woodwork. I CAN'T wait until our first loss and people start calling for Saban's head on a plate and start getting ready for us having the #1 pick in the draft.

CChambers7284 said:
It seems that the secondary is getting even worse. I just dont know how its going to play throughout the season. If Daniels inury is worse than expected we will have some problems.
stop being so paranoia

LOl Sky is falling... I love it.... If we won our preseason game i wonder what this board would be like.
I'll stick with the coaches commets.... its all about evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom