Anyone else think 28 years is long enough between using a 1st rd. pick on a QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think 28 years is long enough between using a 1st rd. pick on a QB

nah, 28 years isn't too long.

All we need is a mediocre 2nd round QB and a bench to castigate him with. The rest is just glitter and glue

lol. I hope you have the ear of the Dolphins FO

Me too!!! When Newton is next year's Rookie of the Year someone whill have a franchise QB. I hope it's us as teams who pass on him will regret it later on.

Me too!!! When Newton is next year's Rookie of the Year someone whill have a franchise QB. I hope it's us as teams who pass on him will regret it later on.

Well then I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska you might be interested in...

Well then I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska you might be interested in...

I just hope that the Bills take Mallet or Locker so the Phins can get a bigger faster Michael Vick in Newton.

Are you aware of the experience difference between Sanchez and Henne? The fact that Sanchez's #'s are even close to Henne's should be an embarrassment to Henne. Henne is done as the Phins QB, the only chance he has left is a competent OC gives him a chance next year. Sanchez has made about 30 starts since high school if you can't see his upside is way higher than Henne's then I suggest you take off the aqua/orange glasses. Seriously man I don't want Sanchez to succeed obviously but compare what he does at the end of the game vs Cleveland to what Henne does. If you don't see that the Jets are not in an impossible position when they are in a 3rd and more than 3 yards scenario and the Phins are then you're not seeing what is holding this team back. It might be against mostly ****ty competition but when the Jets have needed a play from their QB Sanchez has often made that play. Henne has not

Not 1 single thing will turn around the Phins fortunes as much as getting a QB this team can build around. They could bring in Andre Johnson and Antonio Gates and it won't have as much of an impact on the Phins bottom line as getting a top 10 quality QB. If you want to keep playing the Wannstedt/Sparano "keep it close, don't make any mistakes" type football then keep being satisfied with the current state of this franchise. Also Henne has only been asked to be a caretaker QB so far and he's failed at that.

Just so I see where you stand how do you think the Phins should address the QB issue?

I'm not sure yet. I know you're under the impression I wouldn't use a 1st round for a QB and that's not true. As I said Wanny should have drafted Brees. Now I really like Luck. Depending where we finish I would consider trading up for him, but I wouldn't trad my entire draft for him. We need more than a QB.

I say we draft Cam Newton in the first round in 2011. I haven't given up on Henne but we may need several QB's to replace Pennington and Thigpen. I think we need to see what Henne can do with a real OC before we label him a "bust," and throw him away like we have all the other QB's we've had since Marino. All of the QB's we have drafted or brought in have been slower than molasses or statues. I think Newton has the stength and mobility that we need.... so I say let's roll the dice on him.
I like this pick too and wanted to revise my statement of there only being one decent QB coming into the draft this year and if Pryor changed his mind about staying for his last year I believe we'd then have a shot a getting one of the three worthy QB's. With only Luck and Cam at our draft slot= no shot they slip to us, HOWEVER...this might be the first time in quite awhile you might see the Fins try to move up the board with picks and or trades included because at the end of the day, we still are in need of a QB just depends on what caliber they want to shoot for.

Paul Soliai could be useful in a trade scenario right? Hasn't he improved his stock greatly this season? We are stacked on the D line next year, so maybe we jettison a player or tow to try and move up. Everyone using a 3-4 alignment struggles to get a nose tackle worth a damn.

Back
Top Bottom