Anyone else worried about Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried about Thomas

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
I know he had a good ypc avg this game but so far I'm a little worried about him as he hasn't looked all that impressive. First he doesn't look like the big bruising inside runner we were looking for. He is listed with good height and weight but he looks very skinny and lanky when he out there his legs look skinny and his arms looks small. So far he also doesn't seem to be able to break tackles like Ricky and Ronnie did which is something he will need to do in playing this crap ground and pound Sparano adores. So far I'm not very impressed and am worried he may not produce. Remember there is not really a learning curve for RBs in the NFL. Good ones usually come in and produce right away.

I think your concerns are valid, but if the holes that he was running through remain as wide open as they were in the Carolina game (a big IF), then he should have plenty of room to burst through...

He carried the load at Kansas St and never got injured and accounted for AT LEAST 70% of the offense. He does lack that break away ability, but with solid line play i think he can consistently move the chains. And with his pass catching abilities, there will be some situations where bess, marshall, fasano, bush and thomas are all on the field at the same time...solid line play, and that is a veritable nightmare to defend.

it seemed the first week he was not waiting for the holes to develop
and running into the backs of the o lineman
maybe he learning something from Reggie this week..

DT just needs to replicate Reggie training and he will get in better shape..

clear.gif

arms look big enough to me.

I actually liked what I saw from the rookie for his 2nd game in the NFL. I dont expect huge gains from him nor do I think we need that from him to be successful as a team. From that perspective, keep getting 4-5 yards a pop and let Bush get the chunks.

Worried about everyone :lol: . But I think the skills are there, just needs to work on waiting for the holes to open up/ball protection, but hopefully with more playing time he begins to correct that.

He will be fine and get better as the O-line progresses. The goaline dive from the 4 yard line was a little odd but lets all remember he is a rookie in his 2nd game. IMO, he did very well after the dive I mentioned.

I was more worried last week. he had a few moments against Carolina that made me feel better. if he keeps improving he will be fine

He's quicker than I originally thought, but he needs to do a better job of staying on his feet. He was definitely unimpressive in the red zone. With the way Reggie Bush played, it makes me less worried about him.

I think your concerns are wayyyy to early. Its his 2nd NFL game. Let the guy adjust to the speed of the game and take a few hits first. Once he gets more comfortable he will be fine. Last week the Oline was not protecting the same as this week. This week he showed quick feet and the ability to find holes. DT and Reggie are going to be a good one two punch.

Go Phins!

He has been in the NFL a total of 20 days and he is a backup to Bush. Looks like he's comming along just fine reflecting on his performances week 1 vs week 2.

To the OP:

Ricky is and always will be one of my favorite Dolphins. I never have been a Ronnie fan.

Fact is though, Ricky and Ronnie weren't breaking tackles any more, and their burst was gone. I am happy the Phins upgraded the position with Bush and Thomas.

He will be fine everyone!!!!! Everyone worries way too much! He's a rookie! It is preseason. He is still getting his feet wet in the NFL. He will be fine but don't expect him to be Arian Foster already by Week 1

Back
Top Bottom