Anyone else worried about Thomas | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried about Thomas

Cool. Thanks for the input on the guys I haven't really paid much attention to. As for Ridley, I agree on his strengths and weaknesses, especially in that Week 1 game against the Jaguars. What disturbed me is that by Week 2 I saw a lot better vision for normal runs between the tackles, cutback runs, stretch runs, etc. He'd already improved, and that was kind of disturbing.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Actually it's Shane Vereen everyone up there is really unhappy with, that some of the local writers are even saying could be cut...crazy as it sounds.

Mike Reiss and Ian Rapoport have both said it's unlikely that Vereen wouldn't make the team. I haven't heard anything about the team/coaching staff being unhappy with him; he's been sidelined with an injury since early in training camp.

Ridley will definitely make the team. Even before playing well in the preseason he was having a good camp and the team was impressed with is vision and ability to play in space; two qualities that a lot of scouts said were his weaknesses. The Patriots felt Ridley was a much better talent than most scouts graded him to be and they weren't alone. The NFL advisory committee aparently had him graded as 2nd/3rd round talent. I feel like if they continue to coach him up he can be an effective player in the offense.

I don't know why so many of you guys are worried about Thomas. Mark Ingram hasn't exactly torn it up in preseason so far and most of his good plays have been against 2nd string defenses.

Really? We must have a different definition of rebuilding. If this team does not win, the coach and his staff are fired along with Ireland and some of his staff. And if we don't win, it will likely be on Henne so his days of starting is gone (and he may be cut). Thus, in 2012, you would have an entirely new coaching staff and GM and a rookie QB. To me if you are not set at QB and have a new coaching staff, and haven't made the playoffs, you are rebuilding. I agree with you if you define "rebuilt" as going 7-9, 8-8 every damn year and missing the playoffs. Being rebuilt is when you are able to put a consistent contender on the field every year (a la Pats, Jets, Steelers, Colts, Falcons) (that makes the playoffs and wins a game or two there) and that starts with a quality QB, coach, and GM. The jury will finish deliberating after this season and we shall have a verdict on the aforementioned trifecta.

You said that you did not want to hear an excuse about this team being rebuilt and there is no excuse this team is rebuilt and if we fire everyone and bring in all the new coaches you mentioned above then get ready for another three additional years of what you are complaining we are going through right now. It would take 2 years just to get a rookie QB up to speed then if you the staff you bring in wants to gut the team which most of them do you have that issue to deal with plus the players you have in place to win now like a Marshall and Dansby who really do not fit into a rebuilding project at all. Lots of issues to figure out and the end in three years you could very well find yourself in the same situation you are complaining about right now. This rebuilding project has been going on since Shula left except for the years under Dave W which happened to be the year we went to the playoffs and have some winning records regardless of how much of the fans did not like Dave W around here.

I know he had a good ypc avg this game but so far I'm a little worried about him as he hasn't looked all that impressive. First he doesn't look like the big bruising inside runner we were looking for. He is listed with good height and weight but he looks very skinny and lanky when he out there his legs look skinny and his arms looks small. So far he also doesn't seem to be able to break tackles like Ricky and Ronnie did which is something he will need to do in playing this crap ground and pound Sparano adores. So far I'm not very impressed and am worried he may not produce. Remember there is not really a learning curve for RBs in the NFL. Good ones usually come in and produce right away.

No

Back
Top Bottom