Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

We just can't assume Tannehill would be a champion. There will always be comparable and better qbs who have never won championships. Matt Ryan comes to mind.

We just can't assume Tannehill would be a champion. There will always be comparable and better qbs who have never won championships. Matt Ryan comes to mind.

There was a poll on this site once— and I think it was prior to Gase— and a substantial percentage of respondents believed that Tannehill would win multiple Super Bowls, while probably a majority believed he would win at least one.

Personally, I think he’d be lucky to even play in one given the way his career is going— whether that’s on him, on the other players, on the coaches, on the front office, or all of the above, I’ll let other people debate.

Totally disagree. He did the same thing on ganggreen. I think he really believed it.
and then when banned from here, he took an innocuous name, trying to pass himself off as a Fins fan... joined an alternative Fins forum, and in only the few days he was active during Dec 2016, continued to hammer only Tannehill - literally 5 pages worth of posts, while the many there familiar with FH, almost immediately called him out. It was definitely a case of raging OCD.

No ones anointing any of those guys as hall of farmers or anything like that yet, but it's not very hard to surpass Ryan Tannehill at quarterback.

Jimmy G has actually proven more in his limited time than Tannehill has in 7yrs and his contract backs that up. You could ask every Gm in the NFL and they'd all take him over Tannehill. But sure wait another year or two to realize what's pretty obvious. No one other than delusional Dolphins fans thinks Ryan Tannehill is a good quarterback.
We'll see: heard the same gushing fanboi rhetoric last year about Winston, Mariota and of course Prescott. Not so much now LOL

Foles is 10X better than Tannehill. I think the question you are asking is if we should go trade for him? Well, Foles flourished in aggressive offenses under Kelly and Pederson. Is Gase aggressive? No? So Tannehill is the perfect qb for the Phins. The coach and qb always reflect the team.
10X better, now put up some stats to prove that. Tanny isn’t a world beater but dont fool yourself that Foles is. His first trip to Philly was decent. But remember his multiple pro bowl skill players, shady, deshawn Jackson and celeck. They had the big three oh ya they had a good line too. This year has proven that teams with good depth can make it deep into the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl. Foles has the luxury of a very deep team twice. Over all he couldn’t win the starting job in LA, KC or Philly for that matter. Tanny is a difference maker. Our 6-10 record shows that. When our team started clicking and Tanny had 2 pro bowlers around him,, Landry and Ajayi we went to the playoffs. 10X better come on, he didn’t even play last year.

logic fatigue small tag.jpg
For what its worth, Unless something dramatic happens or changes....years from now everyone will remember Nick Foles as superbowl MVP and a hero in philly for bringing home it's first Lombardi.....as for Tannehill, unless we win a superbowl or he starts shattering records/winning NFL MVP's he will be all but forgotten about that he was even a starter in the NFL.

People remember winners and that's all that matters, winning.

Oh yeah, I agree with this premise. With passing time most surely Foles, Dilfer and Flacco will be long remembered over the likes of Marino, Elway (had he quit prior to his 15th year), Ryan, Rivers, McNair, Cunningham, Fouts, Moon and Tarkenton.

Oh ya and Foles is getting paid 7.5 mill to play for Philly next year with Wentz coming off an injury. Do you think Philly is letting their SB winning security blanket go? He is not on the table.

View attachment 10887

Oh yeah, I agree with this premise. With passing time most surely Foles, Dilfer and Flacco will be long remembered over the likes of Marino, Elway (had he quit prior to his 15th year), Ryan, Rivers, McNair, Cunningham, Fouts, Moon and Tarkenton.

Tannehill is a future hall of famer? That's who you just compared him to o_O

The fact you mentioned Flacco and Dilfer proved my point

View attachment 10887

Would it make you feel better if I said...most will remember Tannehill for having huge potential but never had any success, not a single playoff win or pro bowl selection because the team around was garage, otherwise the sky was the limit for him - this would only be remembered by the few dolphins fans who still think this.

He actually didn't bother me but I'm tough to annoy. It wasn't him who turned every thread into a Mark Sanchez debate it was usually someone else taking a shot at Sanchez first. Can't believe we used to waste so much time on Henne vs Sanchez , LOL! Ham and egger 1 vs ham and egger 2, nobody was right and who really wanted to be?
I’ll take henne everyday over Sanchez. Hell, bring him back as a back up lol

Would it make you feel better if I said...most will remember Tannehill for having huge potential but never had any success, not a single playoff win or pro bowl selection because the team around was garage, otherwise the sky was the limit for him - this would only be remembered by the few dolphins fans who still think this.
He'all be remembered for the ton of pro bowl caliber players that were cut and then went on to stellar careers with other teams. Or maybe not.....

Ryan Tannehill himself isn’t a pro bowl caliber player, so what are we talking about here? Lol

You like to claim that criticizing the talent surrounding Tannehill is an excuse. The Dolphins have gotten rid of a ton of that "talent", so clearly the league is full of ex-Dolphins who are playing at a high level. Or maybe, just MAYBE, the players SUCKED, just as we said.

Shouldn't be too hard to understand, but apparently I expect too much.

view

Back
Top Bottom