Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

Junc got to walk out of Foxboro playoff game where the Patriots were eliminated. And Sanchez was a big part of it. Sometimes a big moment can blind you to reality. This could come into play for Foles as well. But he's definitely better than Sanchez.

Even I appreciate Sanchez and Rex for that one. I'm a Dolphins fan who like the jets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> over the Patriots any day. The best part of that is Pats fans hate the Jets, and even more so when Rex was there, more than us or the Bills. That one really hurt them.

Last edited:
I think it was his passive aggressive nature

He actually didn't bother me but I'm tough to annoy. It wasn't him who turned every thread into a Mark Sanchez debate it was usually someone else taking a shot at Sanchez first. Can't believe we used to waste so much time on Henne vs Sanchez , LOL! Ham and egger 1 vs ham and egger 2, nobody was right and who really wanted to be?

The good news is, that barring injury setback we will all know for sure in 10 months who is right.

I am a RT supporter...but an even bigger Miami Dolphins supporter so if he craps the bed then I'll be all for moving on. However, I've seen enough to believe wholeheartedly that what we will see is the best RT yet. The kid has just overcome every obstacle that has held back countless others.....and made some serious lemonade out of a batch of sour lemons (ala Philbin, sherman, lazor, Dallas Thomas....etc)
I really believe he was held back significantly by factors beyond his doing and those things are finally being addressed.
Gone are the days of :
  • Hartline and Bess being his top weapons
  • Go...GO GO bs
  • Dallas Thomas
  • Philbin's soft minded approach
  • Shermans "schemes"
  • Lazor's candy ass playbook with no audible policy
  • being sacked more than any QB has ....EVER
  • being sacked more than any QB has.....EVER
  • being sacked......you get the picture
None of those things alone are worthy excuses, but lest we all forget he dealt those things combined on a constant and regular basis. For 4 years he delivered some serious throws in the face of constant doom....and for 4 years picked himself back up and got back in the huddle. This year is the tell tale for RT and that I agree with. It's time for him to show us, but for anyone that has convinced themselves that he hasn't earned our faith in him you need to watch some tape. That kid has been through the worst start of a QB's career than you could script, and his stats are still extremely respectable. If Gase let's him lose....I truly believe he will prove every doubter wrong and put up top 5 numbers. He certainly has the talent.

ps. It's stupid to compare him to a QB who has only excelled in situations that every QB could only dream of. 2 seasons/teams/situations that were tailor fit for a QB to succeed with every possible complimentary piece surrounding him. Not taking anything away from Foles, bc I like that kid a lot.

The good news is, that barring injury setback we will all know for sure in 10 months who is right.

I am a RT supporter...but an even bigger Miami Dolphins supporter so if he craps the bed then I'll be all for moving on. However, I've seen enough to believe wholeheartedly that what we will see is the best RT yet. The kid has just overcome every obstacle that has held back countless others.....and made some serious lemonade out of a batch of sour lemons (ala Philbin, sherman, lazor, Dallas Thomas....etc)
I really believe he was held back significantly by factors beyond his doing and those things are finally being addressed.
Gone are the days of :
  • Hartline and Bess being his top weapons
  • Go...GO GO bs
  • Dallas Thomas
  • Philbin's soft minded approach
  • Shermans "schemes"
  • Lazor's candy *** playbook with no audible policy
  • being sacked more than any QB has ....EVER
  • being sacked more than any QB has.....EVER
  • being sacked......you get the picture
None of those things alone are worthy excuses, but lest we all forget he dealt those things combined on a constant and regular basis. For 4 years he delivered some serious throws in the face of constant doom....and for 4 years picked himself back up and got back in the huddle. This year is the tell tale for RT and that I agree with. It's time for him to show us, but for anyone that has convinced themselves that he hasn't earned our faith in him you need to watch some tape. That kid has been through the worst start of a QB's career than you could script, and his stats are still extremely respectable. If Gase let's him lose....I truly believe he will prove every doubter wrong and put up top 5 numbers. He certainly has the talent.

ps. It's stupid to compare him to a QB who has only excelled in situations that every QB could only dream of. 2 seasons/teams/situations that were tailor fit for a QB to succeed with every possible complimentary piece surrounding him. Not taking anything away from Foles, bc I like that kid a lot.

Great post and I completely agree :thumbsup

Foles is better, Garoppolo is better, Watson is better, Mariotta is better, Goff is better, hell Case Keenum is possibly better....in another year or two Trubisky will probably be better along with some of the rookies coming out this year.

Franchise has wasted 7 years with him, what's another couple wasted years at this point.

All of these Tannehill threads end up sounding like the brilliant parody of Miami sports radio circa 1998 that aired on the Neil Rogers show of that era. It was just a constant drone of “Jimmy and Danny and Danny and Jimmy and Jimmy and Danny and Danny and Jimmy, etc. . . .”

Every Tannehill thread ends up the same way: “Tannehill stinks, no he’s great, no he stinks, does not, yeah he does, no, yes, etc. . . .” Nobody’s changing their minds at this point based on rhetoric. But the Tannehill detractors just can’t resist taking a shot, and the Tannehill apologists just can’t resist defending him against any slight.

After finally having gotten rid of NYJunc, it seems as if his ghost has returned to haunt the forums. Every Tannehill thread is now like a NYJunc thread which would go on for dozens of pages debating the eternal question of whether or not Mark Sanchez was good.

Edited to add the link to the Neil Rogers bit. It’s at the very beginning of this YouTube clip:

For those who weren’t WQAM fans twenty years ago, the radio voices are supposed to be the “First Team,” i.e. Jeff Deforrest, Joe Rose, and Steve “Goldie” Goldstein.

Agree. Thank god the Tannehill threads only have one more season when they finally release him. The apologists can forever bemoan the fact poor RT woulda been good if he just had (insert one of the fifteeen excuse options here).

Foles is better, Garoppolo is better, Watson is better, Mariotta is better, Goff is better, hell Case Keenum is possibly better....in another year or two Trubisky will probably be better along with some of the rookies coming out this year.

Franchise has wasted 7 years with him, what's another couple wasted years at this point.

I disagree with this big time. Foles maybe, Jimmy G. hasn't proven squat yet, Watson threw the highest percentage of interceptable passes in the NFL last year, let's see if that and catches up with him, Mariota was worse than Jay Cutler last year and the main reason in my opinion the Titans had no chance to go into Foxboro and win, Goff lets see consistency and Keenum I doubt it.

We need to see how Ryan stacks up against these guys next year but the majority of this list is being anointed too quickly.

I disagree with this big time. Foles maybe, Jimmy G. hasn't proven squat yet, Watson threw the highest percentage of interceptable passes in the NFL last year, let's see if that and catches up with him, Mariota was worse than Jay Cutler last year and the main reason in my opinion the Titans had no chance to go into Foxboro and win, Goff lets see consistency and Keenum I doubt it.

We need to see how Ryan stacks up against these guys next year but the majority of this list is being anointed too quickly.

No ones anointing any of those guys as hall of farmers or anything like that yet, but it's not very hard to surpass Ryan Tannehill at quarterback.

Jimmy G has actually proven more in his limited time than Tannehill has in 7yrs and his contract backs that up. You could ask every Gm in the NFL and they'd all take him over Tannehill. But sure wait another year or two to realize what's pretty obvious. No one other than delusional Dolphins fans thinks Ryan Tannehill is a good quarterback.

For what its worth, Unless something dramatic happens or changes....years from now everyone will remember Nick Foles as superbowl MVP and a hero in philly for bringing home it's first Lombardi.....as for Tannehill, unless we win a superbowl or he starts shattering records/winning NFL MVP's he will be all but forgotten about that he was even a starter in the NFL.

People remember winners and that's all that matters, winning.

For what its worth, Unless something dramatic happens or changes....years from now everyone will remember Nick Foles as superbowl MVP and a hero in philly for bringing home it's first Lombardi.....as for Tannehill, unless we win a superbowl or he starts shattering records/winning NFL MVP's he will be all but forgotten about that he was even a starter in the NFL.

People remember winners and that's all that matters, winning.

Foles and Dilfer in the same sentence - SB winners? And no mention of Marino in that sentence. Yeah, makes sense to me

Put the Eagles roster around Tannenhill and he wins the Super Bowl.

Anyone here think Nick Foles is better than Tom Brady ? He just beat Brady in the Super Bowl. Obviously that means he is better.

Back
Top Bottom