Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

10X better, now put up some stats to prove that. Tanny isn’t a world beater but dont fool yourself that Foles is. His first trip to Philly was decent. But remember his multiple pro bowl skill players, shady, deshawn Jackson and celeck. They had the big three oh ya they had a good line too. This year has proven that teams with good depth can make it deep into the playoffs and even win a Super Bowl. Foles has the luxury of a very deep team twice. Over all he couldn’t win the starting job in LA, KC or Philly for that matter. Tanny is a difference maker. Our 6-10 record shows that. When our team started clicking and Tanny had 2 pro bowlers around him,, Landry and Ajayi we went to the playoffs. 10X better come on, he didn’t even play last year.
The stats have been posted in this thread. Just go back about 250 posts and you'll find them. Look for my posts.

Tannehill is a career loser who will go down as a career loser. How many more GD years do we need to see to further prove what has already been demonstrated?

Only on Finheaven will you find a thread debating if the current Super bowl MVP is as good as Ryan Tannehill lol

Yes every super bowl MVP is always a top notch player. Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, and Joe Flacco are just waiting for their HOF bust. Malcolm Smith clearly the best linebacker on the Seahawks when he played there, maybe even their best defender.

Yes every super bowl MVP is always a top notch player. Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, and Joe Flacco are just waiting for their HOF bust. Malcolm Smith clearly the best linebacker on the Seahawks when he played there, maybe even their best defender.

Super Bowl MVP QBs have been pretty historically pretty good. I mean not Ryan Tannehill good but I digress. And for the record Joe Flacco has consistently buried his foot in our ass since he came in to the league

The stats have been posted in this thread. Just go back about 250 posts and you'll find them. Look for my posts.

Tannehill is a career loser who will go down as a career loser. How many more GD years do we need to see to further prove what has already been demonstrated?

I’m sure someone else posted the stats somewhere and they were probably very similar. I just think if a poster is going to say someone is 10 times better they should post some facts instead of just an opinion. The OP didn’t put up any stats and when it comes down to it he isn’t even 2X better. Tanny has had a pretty decent Carrer here, not saying he is leading us to a SB but the kid had terrible OL play for his first 4 years and still put up decent numbers. With Gase and an improved OL in the second part of the 16 season we saw he made some progress. I think the fanebase here tends to think we have a very talented squad. We don’t. We have a .500 squad and our biggest weapon Landry is a 8 yard per catch average WR. Now put Tanny on those Philly teams round 1 and round 2 of Foles stays with them and I don’t think there is much of a drop of from Foles to Tanny with the quality of those teams. Andy Reid left a pretty good squad for Kelly and it showed year 1 but after some of those players left via FA or got cut to fit Kelly’s Scheme, Kelly brought in Bradford to try and Ssalvage his job. Bottom line if you think Tanny is bad, average or Has a high upside I think he would have done well with those teams and it’s just not a good comparison to say Foles is 10x better. As I mentioned Foles couldn’t grab the Rams, KC or Eagles job, he was inserted into the best team in football after Wentz went down and brought it home. Good for him, I Iike Foles and I’ve watched him play, outside of the last two games of this season I wouldn’t say he is any better.

Super Bowl MVP QBs have been pretty historically pretty good. I mean not Ryan Tannehill good but I digress. And for the record Joe Flacco has consistently buried his foot in our *** since he came in to the league

Just going to leave this here. How they compare in their 1st 5 years. Eerily similar. Since 2008 21 teams in the NFL have a median QB rating of 92.4 so burying his foot in our ass is not really impressive. One historic Super Bowl run does not a great QB make.

tanne vs flacco.png

Just going to leave this here. How they compare in their 1st 5 years. Eerily similar. Since 2008 21 teams in the NFL have a median QB rating of 92.4 so burying his foot in our *** is not really impressive. One historic Super Bowl run does not a great QB make.

View attachment 10891

Joe Flacco is exhibit A as to why W-L records are missleading when comparing quarterbacks given the Raven's D. Only Tannehill's first two years did he have a D remotely average or better.

Oh ya and Foles is getting paid 7.5 mill to play for Philly next year with Wentz coming off an injury. Do you think Philly is letting their SB winning security blanket go? He is not on the table.

They will have some decisions to make to get under the cap. As of now they are 9mil over the salary cap, not factoring in any increase in cap.

Now, if the docs feel confident about Wentz being ready for the opener(hypothetically) and some team is offering you a first for your backup QB...

You have never seen Tannehill throw into those windows Foles showed you. Or seen that kind of touch, pocket awareness, long ball accuracy, he is a superior quarterback. Tannehill has had some beautiful throws and had that great dink and dunk completion streak one time. I would say we have seen some very nice throws from Moore that rival anything Tanny has ever shown, same for every quarterback we have had here since Marino. Even Beck had a couple of nice completions for a tease. Stupid to make an argument that any quarterback we have had since Marino is better than Foles, except maybe Pennington who really did have a weak arm and still managed some pretty decent long throws every now and then. I love my team but Marino raised the bar here and it’s very hard to praise a quarterback that has obvious flaws and deficiencies. Tannehill still stares down receivers, still lacks touch and accuracy and has no baller game in his game. He has shown moments of improving all of those things and then he gets balls batted down just like his first start. He’s just ok.

You have never seen Tannehill throw into those windows Foles showed you. Or seen that kind of touch, pocket awareness, long ball accuracy, he is a superior quarterback. Tannehill has had some beautiful throws and had that great dink and dunk completion streak one time. I would say we have seen some very nice throws from Moore that rival anything Tanny has ever shown, same for every quarterback we have had here since Marino. Even Beck had a couple of nice completions for a tease. Stupid to make an argument that any quarterback we have had since Marino is better than Foles, except maybe Pennington who really did have a weak arm and still managed some pretty decent long throws every now and then. I love my team but Marino raised the bar here and it’s very hard to praise a quarterback that has obvious flaws and deficiencies. Tannehill still stares down receivers, still lacks touch and accuracy and has no baller game in his game. He has shown moments of improving all of those things and then he gets balls batted down just like his first start. He’s just ok.

Just curious, did you have this opinion after the 2013,2014,2015,2016 season? Did you make such claims on this board after any those seasons? Or was this more of a silent opinion prior to the Super Bowl?

Just curious, did you have this opinion after the 2013,2014,2015,2016 season? Did you make such claims on this board after any those seasons? Or was this more of a silent opinion prior to the Super Bowl?
Never been a fan of Tannehill but I am rooting for him to be the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL now that he is here. Just never sold on him being anything other than ok. I’m not a guy that believes the light suddenly comes on in year two or three or ten. You either have it or you don’t. Tannehill is just ok, what you see is what you get, stop thinking he is going to make a leap at this point. I believe we can upgrade that position.

Never been a fan of Tannehill but I am rooting for him to be the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL now that he is here. Just never sold on him being anything other than ok. I’m not a guy that believes the light suddenly comes on in year two or three or ten. You either have it or you don’t. Tannehill is just ok, what you see is what you get, stop thinking he is going to make a leap at this point. I believe we can upgrade that position.

I apologize I see I wasn't clear with my question. Did you think highly of Foles after the 2013,2014,2015,2016 season? Did you make such claims on this board after any those seasons? Or was this more of a silent opinion prior to the Super Bowl?

I apologize I see I wasn't clear with my question. Did you think highly of Foles after the 2013,2014,2015,2016 season? Did you make such claims on this board after any those seasons? Or was this more of a silent opinion prior to the Super Bowl?
I doubt I posted anything here unless it was mentioned somewhere. I have always and will continue to root for Ryan to be everything he can be. I just think we have seen what the ceiling is, and again, it’s just ok. I have rooted for every quarterback they have brought in. I have always liked Foles. He’s 6’5” 240lb guy, I like his size and like watching him play. He’s been better than people think just because he had a four interception game once and everybody got down on him. I’ll go on the record here too, I like Luke Falk. His knock is that he ran a certain system. Well he ran it perfectly and why knock that? It’s the system he was in. Maybe he will run the next system perfectly too. He’s just accurate and has what I think he will need to make it at the next level. If he wins super bowl MVP eight years from now I’ll say I told you so. I don’t care what the flavor of the month is, I think he has the potential to eventually be as good as anybody else coming out this year and he will be a third round guy.

I have to give the edge to Foles on two respects:

1) Pocket Presence and maneuverability within the pocket.

There were a few times in the SB game where Foles should have been sacked. But he had the presence and foot movement to get out of harm's way.

2) Decision making under duress.

Foles in the SB game made some great decision with the ball under duress.

In those respect, I think he has the edge over Tanne. Certainly the last season Tanne played he started showing that type of presence and decision making. If he builds on that then he'll definitely elevate his overall gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom