Anyone just see Joey on NFLN? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone just see Joey on NFLN?

When joey came here i thought this was awesome and it was. He helped out this young team greatly but now that we have the hole filled that he was brought in here to fill he can get the **** out of here what a peice of **** can't except that he isdone. I can't wait for him to go to Detroit and end his career on a losing team. **** you Joey!!!!!

Lets review Joey Porters story thus far:
After winning a superbowl, the crowning achievement in all sports, with the Steelers, he gets dismissed, forgotten, and replaced by a no name undrafted player. Chip on shoulder begins.
The wound on his pride is somewhat healed from various teams courting him, though ultimately decides to sign with the Miami Dolphins arguably because of the excessive contract that was offered. After an off year, he "comes back with a vengence", triumphing with a career best sack total and helping the team to the playoffs.
Despite his heroic efforts...he gets easily overshadowed by the player that replaced him on his old team, who not only wins Defensive player of the year, but wins a Superbowl ring AND gets signed to a bigger contract than what Joey got. Pride gets bruised even more.
Enter 2009 season, frustration mounts as sack total decreases...and all of a sudden, he starts losing playing time to another undrafted free agent, who ends up being more productive. History begins to repeat itself.

I was a Porter advocate during the year, im not going to act like i was always against him. But the minute he started his temper tantrum, i knew he needed to leave. Make no mistake about it, this is a pride thing, and im taking a similar stance that i took when JT did this similar act: Team First. I have no patience with players sobbing because of rotation, I have yet to hear productive players seriously complain about it(Ronnie losing time to Ricky, Henne/Pennington losing time to Wildcat, Camarillo losing time to Hartline/Bess), because they understand its not about pride: but about winning.
So let Joey whine his way outta Miami, that approach has worked wonders for TO's career.

Wow, what a retard. Once again bashing the dolphins & saying there was such a dropoff of players (crap players) under him he cant believe they would take him out, did he not realize how crappy he was this year? Cant wait for this joke of a player to leave.

I don't get how people are calling Porter a retard? :err: All he is doing is, what he should be doing, helping build up his market value. He's got to look out for himself. He obviously knows he was going to be released (probably from that end of season meeting with Ireland/Sparano), so he is merely trying to help build up his market value, so that when he hits the market, teams will value him.

No brainer, really. Then, why would/should we be upset with that? If anything, he is 'helping' the Dolphins by attempting to UP his market value, that we may not have to cut him after all and maybe even tempt a team to trade for the guy. Doesn't sound retarded to me, sounds pure genius actually. :ponder:

Lets review Joey Porters story thus far:
After winning a superbowl, the crowning achievement in all sports, with the Steelers, he gets dismissed, forgotten, and replaced by a no name undrafted player. Chip on shoulder begins.
The wound on his pride is somewhat healed from various teams courting him, though ultimately decides to sign with the Miami Dolphins arguably because of the excessive contract that was offered. After an off year, he "comes back with a vengence", triumphing with a career best sack total and helping the team to the playoffs.
Despite his heroic efforts...he gets easily overshadowed by the player that replaced him on his old team, who not only wins Defensive player of the year, but wins a Superbowl ring AND gets signed to a bigger contract than what Joey got. Pride gets bruised even more.
Enter 2009 season, frustration mounts as sack total decreases...and all of a sudden, he starts losing playing time to another undrafted free agent, who ends up being more productive. History begins to repeat itself.

I was a Porter advocate during the year, im not going to act like i was always against him. But the minute he started his temper tantrum, i knew he needed to leave. Make no mistake about it, this is a pride thing, and im taking a similar stance that i took when JT did this similar act: Team First. I have no patience with players sobbing because of rotation, I have yet to hear productive players seriously complain about it(Ronnie losing time to Ricky, Henne/Pennington losing time to Wildcat, Camarillo losing time to Hartline/Bess), because they understand its not about pride: but about winning.
So let Joey whine his way outta Miami, that approach has worked wonders for TO's career.

Well put.

If wake ends up being a great player I'm going to write a sticky note that says 'you were wrong' and put it on his door. LOLOLOL

He still isn't realeased? If we have to hear about this clown they better get a draft pick out of it. I'm sick of hearing about him! Unless that pick is going to be 3rd round or better just make him go away now, PLEASE!

None of this really pissed me off until he said he'll be back in Miami with a vengeance. Yeah ok buddy, unleash your vengeance against Jake Long and see what happens.

It looks like he's gonna be there all day.

They're probably short a guy since Sapp is in jail. :facepalm: :chuckle:

I don't get how people are calling Porter a retard? :err: All he is doing is, what he should be doing, helping build up his market value. He's got to look out for himself. He obviously knows (probably from that end of season meeting with Ireland/Sparano), so he is merely trying to help build up his market value, so that when he hits the market, teams will value him.

No brainer, really. Then, why would/should we be upset with that? If anything, he is 'helping' the Dolphins by attempting to UP his market value, that we may not have to cut him after all and maybe even tempt a team to trade for the guy. Doesn't sound retarded to me, sounds pure genius actually. :ponder:

He's helping his market value by trashing his current club? How is that "pure genius?"

The sad thing about it is that I don't know if anyone on the team has had Cam Wake's back on this. He has shown a lot of class and restraint by not taking the bait and going back and forth with Joey. If Joey does leave, I hope that Cam has more tackles and sacks than him next year.
Joey seems like he just wants more attention and this is the only way he knows how to get it.

He seems hell-bent on going on every possible media outlet, and telling everyone how much he hates the Dolphins. He's being such a baby about it. I can only pray we can trade him for a 7th to the Lions.
He is blaming everything else but himself because he want other teams to believe he can still play and still getting the big bucks. What a jerk.

The sad thing about it is that I don't know if anyone on the team has had Cam Wake's back on this. He has shown a lot of class and restraint by not taking the bait and going back and forth with Joey. If Joey does leave, I hope that Cam has more tackles and sacks than him next year.
Joey seems like he just wants more attention and this is the only way he knows how to get it.

You a raise a very valid point. I've heard players come out in support of Joey, but these same players are standing by while Cameron Wake gets dumped on by an aging, on the decline, attention starved, media whore?

Back
Top Bottom