Anyone just see Joey on NFLN? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone just see Joey on NFLN?

I hated it when Miami signed him ... never liked his loud mouth... guys like him never change!!! I'm hopeful the F/O will release him this coming March!!! in spite of his 17 sacks in 2008, he has done nothing but cause problems with his mouth ... good bye Joey!!!

Porter is an idiot. He wants to go to a 3-4 team out west, which is where he'll probably end up (Arizona or San Diego), but boy would it be great if we traded him to a 4-3 team on the east...

Porter is a washed up bum. He never was really AS GOOD as he thought he was anyway. Big time overrated player. Runs his mouth more than he backs it up. Already got my Porter jersey up on ebay. I'll take $1.00 for it at this point. Screw him.

LMAO, he was good enough for you to spend money on, for a jersey.:lol:

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

• Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation(CHECK)
  • Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals(CHECK)
  • Has feelings of self-importance(CHECK)
  • Exaggerates achievements and talents(CHECK)
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love(CHECK)
  • Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment(CHECK)
  • Requires constant attention and admiration(CHECK)
  • Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy(CHECK)
  • Has obsessive self-interest(CHECK)
  • Pursues mainly selfish goals(CHECK)
  • PORTER HAS A PERSONALITY DISORDER

As far as a pass rusher there is no doubt in my mind that wake is a better rusher and if he keeps running his mouth no one is going to want him

Was he not looking when Cam Wake was on the field? Or is he delusional to think he was out performing him when he himself was out there?

He seems hell-bent on going on every possible media outlet, and telling everyone how much he hates the Dolphins. He's being such a baby about it. I can only pray we can trade him for a 7th to the Lions.
i was telling my friend the same thing. send his a$$ to the crapiest team in the league. rams or lions or the browns lol

If he stayed silent, after the media tore into how he is declining and was going to be cut....teams would not offer him too much money because he was labeled as diminished.

So, by selling his 17.5 sacks and his 9 sacks and the fact that the 'only' reason he didn't have double digit sacks was because they weren't using him enough...and the fact that he is correct (he had a better 2nd half of the season than the 1st half, negating that he is washed up)...it would cause some teams to think twice about the stigma that he is washed up.

Thus, potentially bringing up his value.

Then, it helps Miami because it also exponentially opens up the possibility that we can get something 'for' him in a trade, where we'd get nothing in a release. Got it now? :)

I don't think GMs who's job it is to evaluate talent and have nearly endless resources availiable to them rely on the media to make the call on a player's ability and value.

What Joey is doing is counter productive for himself. Go into a job interview and trash your former employer. I promise you it will diminish your value to the employer that is considering you for employment.

I don't get how people are calling Porter a retard? :err: All he is doing is, what he should be doing, helping build up his market value. He's got to look out for himself. He obviously knows he was going to be released (probably from that end of season meeting with Ireland/Sparano), so he is merely trying to help build up his market value, so that when he hits the market, teams will value him.

No brainer, really. Then, why would/should we be upset with that? If anything, he is 'helping' the Dolphins by attempting to UP his market value, that we may not have to cut him after all and maybe even tempt a team to trade for the guy. Doesn't sound retarded to me, sounds pure genius actually. :ponder:

What did he say so far to the media that would help his value?

What did he say so far to the media that would help his value?

Nothing at all. According to Mr.Ed it is recommended to trash your former team and say your the best ever to garner interest around the league.

If he stayed silent, after the media tore into how he is declining and was going to be cut....teams would not offer him too much money because he was labeled as diminished.

So, by selling his 17.5 sacks and his 9 sacks and the fact that the 'only' reason he didn't have double digit sacks was because they weren't using him enough...and the fact that he is correct (he had a better 2nd half of the season than the 1st half, negating that he is washed up)...it would cause some teams to think twice about the stigma that he is washed up.

Thus, potentially bringing up his value.

Then, it helps Miami because it also exponentially opens up the possibility that we can get something 'for' him in a trade, where we'd get nothing in a release. Got it now? :)

If I was a GM and saw how he was acting towards his "former team" I would steer clear. You think that what he is doing is selling his stats? I don't think one would need to go trash a team to "sell" his stats. And I'm pretty sure if you are one to make a decision to hire players, you would know his stats before you did so...

I have said I don't think he is wrong for wanting to start somewhere if he is being paid to be a starter, which he has stated. But I just don't get your logic on looking like a j@ck@*** on television that would in turn up your value.

Basically what you are saying is:

JP is most likely being cut + JP talks sh*t about the fins = Higher price tag

wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:
Look guys he's just making sure the Fins have no choice but to let him go so he can sign with anyone he wants instead of being traded. I take no offense to what he speaks of when I know this is just a way for him to use the media to get what he wants. He was good for us while he was here not great but good, the writing is on the wall for the youth movement and Popcorn is going out his way, that's all it is.

I want Porter gone! The pathetic thing is I don't think we can package Porter+Ginn+Chrowder and con a 3rd round pick out of the Raiders.

If Miami really doesn't think they can get value in a trade, they should just release him tomorrow and end it.

I'm pretty sure they need to wait for next business year to begin before he can be cut. I think the date is sometime in March.

If I was a GM and saw how he was acting towards his "former team" I would steer clear. You think that what he is doing is selling his stats? I don't think one would need to go trash a team to "sell" his stats. And I'm pretty sure if you are one to make a decision to hire players, you would know his stats before you did so...

I have said I don't think he is wrong for wanting to start somewhere if he is being paid to be a starter, which he has stated. But I just don't get your logic on looking like a j@ck@*** on television that would in turn up your value.

Basically what you are saying is:

JP is most likely being cut + JP talks sh*t about the fins = Higher price tag

wtf?

The WTF is Terrell Owens and Randy Moss did it. Look what happened? They got theirs....Joey Porter is basically doing the same thing to get his. Simple really. :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom