Anyone just see Joey on NFLN? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone just see Joey on NFLN?

You a raise a very valid point. I've heard players come out in support of Joey, but these same players are standing by while Cameron Wake gets dumped on by an aging, on the decline, attention starved, media whore?

What's annoying too is that I haven't seen Wake get any respect or praise yet. Not even when he sacked Garrard on the last play to end the game, or when he got to Brady causing him to throw a pick.

All I really saw was him celebrating, maybe getting a pat or two on the back, and that was it. If it was Joey doing those things, it seems like the whole team would be gathering around him and praising him.

I don't get how people are calling Porter a retard? :err: All he is doing is, what he should be doing, helping build up his market value. He's got to look out for himself. He obviously knows he was going to be released (probably from that end of season meeting with Ireland/Sparano), so he is merely trying to help build up his market value, so that when he hits the market, teams will value him.

No brainer, really. Then, why would/should we be upset with that? If anything, he is 'helping' the Dolphins by attempting to UP his market value, that we may not have to cut him after all and maybe even tempt a team to trade for the guy. Doesn't sound retarded to me, sounds pure genius actually. :ponder:
Please enlighten me on how his current behavior is helping to build his market value. His market value is predicated on how potential employers (coaches/GMs/etc.) view his ablility as a player and leader to help their team accomplish their goals - namely to win games. How do his ridiculous antics help to accomplish this?

None of this really pissed me off until he said he'll be back in Miami with a vengeance. Yeah ok buddy, unless your vengeance against Jake Long and see what happens.

You know, the fact that Porter is coming off like that and talking 'vengeance' points to me clues that they already told Porter that they were going to cut him in that end of season meeting where Porter admitted that they told him they didn't want him to stunt Cam Wake's growth.:ponder:

Please enlighten me on how his current behavior is helping to build his market value. His market value is predicated on how potential employers (coaches/GMs/etc.) view his ablility as a player and leader to help their team accomplish their goals - namely to win games. How do his ridiculous antics help to accomplish this?

If he stayed silent, after the media tore into how he is declining and was going to be cut....teams would not offer him too much money because he was labeled as diminished.

So, by selling his 17.5 sacks and his 9 sacks and the fact that the 'only' reason he didn't have double digit sacks was because they weren't using him enough...and the fact that he is correct (he had a better 2nd half of the season than the 1st half, negating that he is washed up)...it would cause some teams to think twice about the stigma that he is washed up.

Thus, potentially bringing up his value.

Then, it helps Miami because it also exponentially opens up the possibility that we can get something 'for' him in a trade, where we'd get nothing in a release. Got it now? :)

I'm almost to the point with this loud mouthed POS to say we keep him for the year and sit his punk *** on the bench just to spite him. :flames:

What's annoying too is that I haven't seen Wake get any respect or praise yet. Not even when he sacked Garrard on the last play to end the game, or when he got to Brady causing him to throw a pick.

All I really saw was him celebrating, maybe getting a pat or two on the back, and that was it. If it was Joey doing those things, it seems like the whole team would be gathering around him and praising him.

Hmm. It looked like to me that teammates were celebrating Wake after that play, but of course, they've been with Porter longer, so I would expect them to be closer to Porter than Wake.

But the one who I thought didn't give Wake enough props was actually Sparano. Every time Wake did something good, Sparano would criticize him for something else he didn't do.

Was almost as if Sparano was trying to cool down fan excitement about him because he feared that they would turn on him for not playing Wake enough.

I remember after a multiple sack game, Sparano would say, "...yeah, but he has a lot of work to do in run stuffing..."

Then, after another game where Wake had a sack and multiple pressures, Sparano said, "...yeah, but he needs to work on his pass coverage..."

Then, after yet another multiple sack game, Sparano goes, "...well, yeah, BUT he did overrun on some of his pass rushes, he needs to work on that..."

I was like, Bych, please! Sparano go head with that BS.

Porter sounds more like he is venting due to conversations he had in that meeting that Sparano said he will keep indoors. I think they implied/told Porter, we are going with Wake and you will probably be cut.

So Porter got upset, thus what's going on now...MHO.

Let me also add that Joey sucks.

he has lost my respect ,futhermore i was wanting him to come here and now I regret that move.

oh yea did I ever Mention that Deion sanders is a buttwipe who i wished would get his *** kicked .

somebody please tell Deion to shut up.

If he stayed silent, after the media tore into how he is declining and was going to be cut....teams would not offer him too much money because he was labeled as diminished.

So, by selling his 17.5 sacks and his 9 sacks and the fact that the 'only' reason he didn't have double digit sacks was because they weren't using him enough...and the fact that he is correct (he had a better 2nd half of the season than the 1st half, negating that he is washed up)...it would cause some teams to think twice about the stigma that he is washed up.

Thus, potentially bringing up his value.

Then, it helps Miami because it also exponentially opens up the possibility that we can get something 'for' him in a trade, where we'd get nothing in a release. Got it now? :)
While I agree that his best bet was not to stay completely silent, his daily diatribe is a bit over the top, don't you think? Also, your analysis of the situation doesn't give NFL front office types very much credit for their ability to see what is actually there and not be swayed by how he is being portrayed by the media. If we, as fans, can see right through his thinly veiled facade, cannot they?

Porter is a washed up bum. He never was really AS GOOD as he thought he was anyway. Big time overrated player. Runs his mouth more than he backs it up. Already got my Porter jersey up on ebay. I'll take $1.00 for it at this point. Screw him.

Hmm. It looked like to me that teammates were celebrating Wake after that play, but of course, they've been with Porter longer, so I would expect them to be closer to Porter than Wake.

But the one who I thought didn't give Wake enough props was actually Sparano. Every time Wake did something good, Sparano would criticize him for something else he didn't do.

Was almost as if Sparano was trying to cool down fan excitement about him because he feared that they would turn on him for not playing Wake enough.

I remember after a multiple sack game, Sparano would say, "...yeah, but he has a lot of work to do in run stuffing..."

Then, after another game where Wake had a sack and multiple pressures, Sparano said, "...yeah, but he needs to work on his pass coverage..."

Then, after yet another multiple sack game, Sparano goes, "...well, yeah, BUT he did overrun on some of his pass rushes, he needs to work on that..."

I was like, Bych, please! Sparano go head with that BS.

Porter sounds more like he is venting due to conversations he had in that meeting that Sparano said he will keep indoors. I think they implied/told Porter, we are going with Wake and you will probably be cut.

So Porter got upset, thus what's going on now...MHO.

Well, they may have been. It's been awhile for me :lol:

I'm not sure why Sparano would care about fans being dissapointed in his playing time though. The last thing I want is the fan base affecting how this team rolls. I wonder if it was all just a part of "not rocking the Joey boat". As if Sparano knew that Porter doesn't like Wake, and he didn't want to make that dislike more intense.

Who knows, I don't give a **** about all that. All that matters to me is that Wake gets the reps he deserves next season, and Sparano doesn't take **** from any "boat".

Tomorrow is the day his old *** gets cut.

What a DB. I could see if he had a good year. He freakin SUCKED!!!

Back
Top Bottom