Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter?

RunRonnieRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It seems like the Idea of us moving up in the draft to take Quinn is gaining a lot of steam.

Clayton said that it is looking more likely that the deal for Green will not be done before the draft. He said we are in talks with the Raiders about a trade or release of Daunte.

Likely scenario: We release Daunte. Oakland signs him. Oakland then drafts Calvin Johnson.

We now have no reliable QB. Trade with the Bucs, and draft Quinn and finally have a QB of the future.

My only question is, why do we NOT need to get Green to do this? Green is a band-aid on cancer. He has 2 years left. Tops. He gets hit in the head one more time, and he may have 1 snap left.

We need to get, idealy, Green AND Quinn. Then Quinn can sit a year.

Agree? And just how likely will we make Quinn a Fin saturday?

It seems like the Idea of us moving up in the draft to take Quinn is gaining a lot of steam.

Clayton said that it is looking more likely that the deal for Green will not be done before the draft. He said we are in talks with the Raiders about a trade or release of Daunte.

Likely scenario: We release Daunte. Oakland signs him. Oakland then drafts Calvin Johnson.

We now have no reliable QB. Trade with the Bucs, and draft Quinn and finally have a QB of the future.

My only question is, why do we NOT need to get Green to do this? Green is a band-aid on cancer. He has 2 years left. Tops. He gets hit in the head one more time, and he may have 1 snap left.

I hope youre not saying that we have a reliable QB in keeping Daunte on the roster. Agreed on the rest of the post but we dont need to trade with the Bucs to move into a position to take Quinn. If he is there at 4 then chances are he will be there at 6 and we can trade with Washington.

We need green because he knows cams offense and cam wants to try and win a few games off the bat. this will help us do that, cancer bandaid or not.

Man he has the worst comb over I have ever seen in my life.

I really hope we can get something for Daunte from the Raiders, if nto I have no problem with us trading him.

Man he has the worst comb over I have ever seen in my life.

You must be confusing him with Dom Capers....

clear.gif

I say we do what it takes to get Quinn, I wasnt in favor of this a while ago.... But with Cam, hes a Qb guy, and Terry Shea works with Quinn, if hes worked in a pro system with Charlie Weis then we should make a move, and if we do that, there shouldnt be any questions like every other year on who are quarterback is year in and year out... Hes young, lets make him our next franchise qb, lets make him our next Marino except for one step above Marino( love Dan hes my hero), lets win a ring!

GOD no Clayton's is HORRENDOUS. Check him out when he is on ESPN. I'm sorry but its freaking horrible.

LMAO...........

I remember this guy in this apartment complex when I was little. The first time you saw him you would not know that it was a combover. His combover was so perfect except when he went to the pool and took a dive.

After this scenario I hope not to see Clayton behind the wheel of a car, because he is definately high. If they want Culpepper so bad trade a sixth geesh.

Can we refrain from the cancer metaphors please? Green may not be a young guy anymore but he wins. AND he's got more than a year left in him. So much for the band aid thing. To have Green AND Quinn would be the best situation we could possibly hope for and now the talk has come around again to Miami being in a position to draft Quinn. Draft day is going to be incredibly exciting.

I think we need to do what it takes to get the best QB in this draft, and that is Quinn. He's going to be the most ready QB coming out of college this year and if we have Green behind center we better have a guy that is ready to come in and play because I dont see him making it though the season. Just the fact that the Chiefs are willing to let him go for Huard tells me something about Green. Just seems a little off to me, because they have the money to pay him if they wanted to. I think we have to get Quinn and if it turns out good Cam/Ran look like a couple geniuses if it doesn't work out we have another doomed coach. I think Quinn has what it takes though and I think Cam's new system would give him a chance to show that.

there is NO way the Bucs would trade down unless Calvin Johnson is taken along with Gaines Adams... We either have to hope for Quinn to drop to us or go up for him if Cleveland doesn't take him Minnesota probably would.

Back
Top Bottom