Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter?

there is NO way the Bucs would trade down unless Calvin Johnson is taken along with Gaines Adams... We either have to hope for Quinn to drop to us or go up for him if Cleveland doesn't take him Minnesota probably would.

I don't understand why it would be Tampa anyway, unless the pick comes cheaper. Arizona is set with Leinhart, and Washington probably wouldn't draft Quinn either.

At this point Green is FAR more capable of playing for us and far more talented than Daunte. Green is the much better option. We must cut our ties with Daunte, cope and deem him exactly what he was in Miami. An utter failure.

This gets my vote for post of the year.

Very well said!

Because Al Davis likes big arms, and Culpepper may be a better fit for them since he may not fit what Cameron wants his QB to do here.

Honestly, who DOESN'T want a QB with a big arm? I don't see many GMs sitting around wishing for a noodle-armed QB. Culpepper might not even be ready by the start of the season, let alone training camp. There's no way anyone would trade a draft pick for him, assuming he doesn't get flat out released. Hopefully Cam has the patience to see exactly what he has in Cpep before he cuts ties because it would be a total waste.

Honestly, who DOESN'T want a QB with a big arm? I don't see many GMs sitting around wishing for a noodle-armed QB. Culpepper might not even be ready by the start of the season, let alone training camp. There's no way anyone would trade a draft pick for him, assuming he doesn't get flat out released. Hopefully Cam has the patience to see exactly what he has in Cpep before he cuts ties because it would be a total waste.

Obviously everyone would like a big arm. But some teams are more gung-ho on it than others, and Al Davis has always been a fan of the vertical game.

As for the Culpepper injury, didn't we part with a 2nd knowing he wasn't going to be ready? IMO, I don't really think the injury is the big issue anyway, or Miami would have cut him already. I just don't think he's Cameron's type of QB, plain and simple. And if they can convince Oakland that his knee might not be career threatening the Raiders may want to grab him for a late round pick if they're as high on Calvin Johnson as some people think.

Why do we have to get green before the draft? There is no way KC is going to pay 7+ million for a QB that will be 3rd on their team. Besides that, Green wants to be in Miami. With a little patience we can get Green and keep all our picks. If we are going to move up to get Quinn I would do a trade with Washington and no higher.

At this point Green is FAR more capable of playing for us and far more talented than Daunte. Green is the much better option. We must cut our ties with Daunte, cope and deem him exactly what he was in Miami. An utter failure.

And you know this, how?? Cause you read and hear other peoples speculation?? It would seem others have speculated Daunte is on track to return this year, but you only believe he's not going to return, based on your opinion in the post above. Basically you don't want Daunte to return to the Dolphins and you would rather have Green. OK, that's your choice, it doesn't mean you're right or know more then anyone else. Your opinion is noted.

i'm just not sold on Quinn... at 9? certainly ... but to move up from 9 to Tampa's spot would just be crazy expensive and undercut our promising draft day...

to me, Quinn is a mid-first round value... he's a fine prospect, but far from a perfect one... his arm velocity and accuracy are highly questionable beyond 15 yards...

rumor has it, Miami is very, very high on Kevin Kolb from Houston, and I really like what this mock draft from NFL Draft Countdown has Miami doing next Saturday...

Sticking with Levi Brown at 9, then getting Kolb and USC WR Dwayne Jarrett in the 2nd...

It seems like the Idea of us moving up in the draft to take Quinn is gaining a lot of steam.

Clayton said that it is looking more likely that the deal for Green will not be done before the draft. He said we are in talks with the Raiders about a trade or release of Daunte.

Likely scenario: We release Daunte. Oakland signs him. Oakland then drafts Calvin Johnson.

We now have no reliable QB. Trade with the Bucs, and draft Quinn and finally have a QB of the future.

My only question is, why do we NOT need to get Green to do this? Green is a band-aid on cancer. He has 2 years left. Tops. He gets hit in the head one more time, and he may have 1 snap left.

We need to get, idealy, Green AND Quinn. Then Quinn can sit a year.

Agree? And just how likely will we make Quinn a Fin saturday?
the green trade aint gonna happen by draft day so we aint gonna release daunte and even if we do after the draft why would oakland want him if russel is the second coming of montana ,marino and johnny u all rolled up in one?:shakeno: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom