Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter?

green i think will be ready to play watch if we dont get him before or in the draft then we are goin to get him after it

I think the biggest way we could affect the draft and improve our chances of getting Quinn (without trading up), will be to release Culpepper, that way the Raiders draft Calvin Johnson, and Quinn falls.

However the problem with doing this is kind of like showing your hand in Poker. After that trade and without acquiring Green everyone and thier Grandmother would know that we are gonna draft Quinn. This presents a problem because other teams that want Quinn could easily trade up in front of us and select Quinn, also other teams could blackmail us.

Overall, I think we all will sleep good Saturday night because some way some how, Quinn will be a Fin.

IF Oakland traded for Culpepper and took Johnson with the #1 pick why would we trade up for Quinn instead of Russell?

IF Oakland traded for Culpepper and took Johnson with the #1 pick why would we trade up for Quinn instead of Russell?
Because Quinn fits Cam Cameron's offense a lot better for one thing. Also, trading up to get Quinn will probably require fewer spots to move up than Russell, costing us fewer picks. Also, the Raiders wouldn't trade for Culpepper, we'd have to release him and then the Raiders would sign him. Nobody is going to give us anything for C-Pep right now.

Back
Top Bottom