Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone see John Clayton on Sportcenter?

Man he has the worst comb over I have ever seen in my life.

That's not a comb over, that is his space helmet....

1gazoobig-1.jpg

It seems like the Idea of us moving up in the draft to take Quinn is gaining a lot of steam.

Clayton said that it is looking more likely that the deal for Green will not be done before the draft. He said we are in talks with the Raiders about a trade or release of Daunte.

Likely scenario: We release Daunte. Oakland signs him. Oakland then drafts Calvin Johnson.

We now have no reliable QB. Trade with the Bucs, and draft Quinn and finally have a QB of the future.

My only question is, why do we NOT need to get Green to do this? Green is a band-aid on cancer. He has 2 years left. Tops. He gets hit in the head one more time, and he may have 1 snap left.

We need to get, idealy, Green AND Quinn. Then Quinn can sit a year.

Agree? And just how likely will we make Quinn a Fin saturday?

Why would Oakland want a QB who can't play?? Obviously if Oakland wants Daunte, they believe he can play this year. Culpepper is more talented then Green or Quinn. But we should just send him packing for nothing...great idea.

I don't agree that the key to the draft is Trent Green. I believe that we will take a QB on the first day regardless. I like the idea of shipping Daunte Culpepper of to Oakland, whatever it takes to make him go away.

Why would Oakland want a QB who can't play?? Obviously if Oakland wants Daunte, they believe he can play this year. Culpepper is more talented then Green or Quinn. But we should just send him packing for nothing...great idea.

At this point Green is FAR more capable of playing for us and far more talented than Daunte. Green is the much better option. We must cut our ties with Daunte, cope and deem him exactly what he was in Miami. An utter failure.

It seems like the Idea of us moving up in the draft to take Quinn is gaining a lot of steam.

Clayton said that it is looking more likely that the deal for Green will not be done before the draft. He said we are in talks with the Raiders about a trade or release of Daunte.

Likely scenario: We release Daunte. Oakland signs him. Oakland then drafts Calvin Johnson.

We now have no reliable QB. Trade with the Bucs, and draft Quinn and finally have a QB of the future.

My only question is, why do we NOT need to get Green to do this? Green is a band-aid on cancer. He has 2 years left. Tops. He gets hit in the head one more time, and he may have 1 snap left.

We need to get, idealy, Green AND Quinn. Then Quinn can sit a year.

Agree? And just how likely will we make Quinn a Fin saturday?

Agree 100% bro. Green would be the perfect transition to Quinn. I still can't see the Raiders not taking Russel though, even if they do get Culpepper.

At this point Green is FAR more capable of playing for us and far more talented than Daunte. Green is the much better option. We must cut our ties with Daunte, cope and deem him exactly what he was in Miami. An utter failure.

I don't want Green at the price they're asking. A second? Then we will have to use our other second to move up for Quinn. That leaves us with only one other pick on the first day. A third rounder. We have to do better than that.

I don't want Green at the price they're asking. A second? Then we will have to use our other second to move up for Quinn. That leaves us with only one other pick on the first day. A third rounder. We have to do better than that.

There is no way we give up a 2nd for Green..I see us giving up a 4th at the VERY most. But more likely a 5th or 6th. I agree though. If they dont budge and still want the 2nd they can keep him. That wont happen either though they arent going to pay him his 7.2. All in all, I dont care how much work he needs for the mini camps (he already knows Cam's system, although the timing with the recievers would be off), I would love us to wait for them to just release him

I agree TG is more capable and the better option RIGHT NOW, but i have to disagree that he is more talented than Daunte.

Clayton isn't the Great Gazoo...

he is Mr. Mackey from South Park, mmmkay?

9349_320x240-1.jpg
clear.gif

I agree TG is more capable and the better option RIGHT NOW, but i have to disagree that he is more talented than Daunte.

Well you are right. I think a 100% healthy Daunte would be a better option than a 100% healthy TG. But also, they are two totally different types of QB's...TG is much better pure pocket passer but can't run as well, and Daunte is much better pure running QB but not as great as a pure pocket passer. I guess it all depends on what type of offense you want to run. I would love to see a pocket passer in here sincer we havent had any great passers since Marino

If we dont want Dante why would the Raiders?

They are trying to upgrade too.
Have you seen their QB play the past couple of years? I hate to admit it for the Raider's sake but they've been worse off at the position for a couple seasons. We've been bad at it longer but dude they SUCK at it.

Have you seen their QB play the past couple of years? I hate to admit it for the Raider's sake but they've been worse off at the position for a couple seasons. We've been bad at it longer but dude they SUCK at it.

They are one of the few only teams that have had a worse of QB situation than we have. Minus Gannon but he was only there for 4 seasons

Back
Top Bottom