Anyone who thinks we should pay Jake long 8 million a year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone who thinks we should pay Jake long 8 million a year

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
or even 7 or even 6 million

please check the link...

http://theredzone.org/salaryshowposition.aspx?Position=OL

Next peice of evidence
Tackles
1. Jake Long, Dolphins – $11,200,000
2. Trent Williams, Redskins – $11,000,000 - Wildcard Lost
3. Joe Thomas, Browns – $10,500,000
4. Jason Smith, Rams – $10,000,000
5. Jordan Gross, Panthers – $9,500,000
6. Jason Peters, Eagles – $8,250,000
7. Michael Roos, Titans – $7,300,000
8. Andre Smith, Bengals – $6,508,000 - Wildcard Lost
9. David Stewart, Titans – $6,200,000
10. Donald Penn, Buccaneers – $5,900,000

Notice anything? Top 10 paid OTs and only 2 teams made it to the playoffs and they lost their 1st game. Also notice that the other 8 teams SUCKED...Why? because they were paying one man that didnt score TDs more money than the people that did score TDs...

Its time to move on from Jake long...we have a Left tackle that will get stronger and plays zone better than Jake...draft a right tackle in the 2nd and be done with it...

Excellent job OP.

Sign Winston to play RT, Keep Martin at LT, get MORE playmakers please and lets go.

How to be a losing organization: spend a ridiculous amount of money on someone who doesn't touch the ball and can only really impact the game negatively, by screwing up.

I for one am disappointed that he's not officially gone, I really don't want him back and want to move on from him.

How to be a losing organization: spend a ridiculous amount of money on someone who doesn't touch the ball and can only really impact the game negatively, by screwing up.

How to be a winning team. Build a dominant o-line and give my QB time to find his receivers and open holes for my RB. Control the clock, wear out the other teams D and keep my D rested.

It's a fair assessment. And I think Ireland is aware of this, and that's why Jake wasn't a first priority in free agency.

How to be a winning team. Build a dominant o-line and give my QB time to find his receivers and open holes for my RB. Control the clock, wear out the other teams D and keep my D rested.

Great formula in the 1970s.

Let's look at a list of teams who win with marginal offensive skill position talent and great offensive line play in the modern NFL:

Yeah, no thanks.

Agreed. Football is the ultimate TEAM game. Distribute funds equally, or at least more balanced. Other than QB(which shouldn't be CRAZY high), players should be paid by performance. Football is now a business(sad to say) and it should be treated like one. #FinsUp

You forgot the first few steps:
1) Develop flux capacitor technology.
2) Iranian uranium (risky).
3) 1.21 gigawatts.
4) Go back to playing football in the 70's.

3) 1.21 gigawatts.

Dude I don't think you could fit Jake Long in a DeLorean.

These numbers are ancient, WTH?

Do you really think that leading the NFL in QB hurries,hits and sacks is the answer???

Or having our RB's average 2.5 yds per carry because there are no holes??

This post shows the kind of attitude that makes teams perennial losers.

I am not at all for overpaying Jake Long, he simply doesn't deserve it, but not prioritizing the OL is stupid. All the playoff teams last year had top OL's and the Ravens had better line play in the playoffs than they had all year mostly due to Bryant McKinnie playing at an extremely high level. Thae guy is still a monster when motivated.

49ers,Ravens,Pats,Bengals,Seatlle,Broncos, all have top grading OL's.

There is more actual evidence to show that OL wins games than even QB's.

Dolphins should sign both Vollmer and Winston and draft Lane Johnson if possible.

Jonathan Martin led the league in QB hurries given up and ranked 76th amongst OT's last year. He isn't a starter at any position on the OL. He isn't even good depth. If he starts next year again there is little doubt that he will again be a huge liability.

3) 1.21 gigawatts.

Winning the trench battles will never be obsolete. It's the same on D. Stop the run and pressure the QB. On offense, you give my QB time to throw, he will pick you a part. Brady never had great WR's with the exception of Moss.

Hm I think its pretty important yea. We just signed the best deep threat in the NFL and paid a lot of cash to grt him it would be nice if Tannehill had a chance to get the ball to him. I can live with Martin but id really prefer Long who is still better at pass pro than run blocking.

Back
Top Bottom