Anyone who thinks we should pay Jake long 8 million a year | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone who thinks we should pay Jake long 8 million a year

Y thumb me down? It makes perfect sense. Jake DOES NOT score touchdowns! Simple as that. By the end of the year Jonathan Martin looked fine. I am sorry I love jake but that is way to much money! It is a business and this team needs to start preparing for the future and Jake wont be here for to much longer. Nice young rookies are WAY cheaper!

Doesn't mean crap! Look at the top 10 salaries at any position and the results would be similar. I was looking at top 10 salaries period for 2013 and only Peyton manning and Jared Allen had playoff success in 2012.

View attachment 10112
BillyMadisonBuschemi-1.png

You can attempt to build a $156 million bomb shelter in front of your quarterback like Miami tried to do when the Triflop first arrived and teams will still find a way to get pressure on your quarterback. There's no sense in pretending that Miami's quarterbacks weren't pressured just by sticking a $50 million Jake Long at left tackle, because it didn't happen and it's not going to happen.

I don't care what you pay Jake Long, if you line John Abraham up across from him... Jake Long is fixing to get his ass handed to him in embarrassing fashion. Just like he always does.

Miami has had more quarterbacks knocked out of games with Jake Long on the field than any team in the league has had without him.

All you need is a guy out there that's capable... that's it. The winning teams in this league aren't investing a significant portion of their cap towards the left tackle... only the perennial losers.

The Rams haven't had a good LT since Pace in their GSOT days. He was vital to their passing attack. Warner's blind side was shut down.

oh crap....I was on a hit list?

Apparently so, but dont worry about it. The accuracy of his prediction was about as accurate as the guy he was defending(Chad Henne).

Sunbathe with a bullseye painted on you and youd still be perfectly fine.

The Rams haven't had a good LT since Pace in their GSOT days. He was vital to their passing attack. Warner's blind side was shut down.

Two things...

1. Jake Long doesn't make a pimple on Orlando Pace's ass

2. Miami doesn't have a Kurt Warner, or Marshall Faulk, or Torry Holt, or Isaac Bruce. That's why they were winning superbowls.

Two things...

1. Jake Long doesn't make a pimple on Orlando Pace's ass

2. Miami doesn't have a Kurt Warner, or Marshall Faulk, or Torry Holt, or Isaac Bruce. That's why they were winning superbowls.

I thought Jake's first 3 years were of Pace caliber.

or even 7 or even 6 million

please check the link...

http://theredzone.org/salaryshowposition.aspx?Position=OL

Next peice of evidence
Tackles
1. Jake Long, Dolphins – $11,200,000
2. Trent Williams, Redskins – $11,000,000 - Wildcard Lost
3. Joe Thomas, Browns – $10,500,000
4. Jason Smith, Rams – $10,000,000
5. Jordan Gross, Panthers – $9,500,000
6. Jason Peters, Eagles – $8,250,000
7. Michael Roos, Titans – $7,300,000
8. Andre Smith, Bengals – $6,508,000 - Wildcard Lost
9. David Stewart, Titans – $6,200,000
10. Donald Penn, Buccaneers – $5,900,000

Notice anything? Top 10 paid OTs and only 2 teams made it to the playoffs and they lost their 1st game. Also notice that the other 8 teams SUCKED...Why? because they were paying one man that didnt score TDs more money than the people that did score TDs...

Its time to move on from Jake long...we have a Left tackle that will get stronger and plays zone better than Jake...draft a right tackle in the 2nd and be done with it...

You have got be joking.The blind side OT is one of the most important positions in all of football. For you to say something like that you probably haven't been watch the dolphins that long.most of Dan marino's success was thru the assitance of Richmond Webb.For years we were gettin killed because we never got a good replacement.

Joe Staley and Michael Oher are better than alot of those guys. Anyways, a great offense does need a good O-line, I just wish we could do it via draft in the later rounds and get more play makers.

Damn good write up and tons of evidence! but we do need atleast one more tackle though...

Back
Top Bottom