Anything redeemable at this point? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anything redeemable at this point?

Durango2020

Active Roster
Reaction score
The season is lost so to me it's the youth gaining more experience for better or worse...yes even Austin Jackson.

Outside of that if we can sweep the Jets (not confident) and Patriots (I doubt it) it would at least make this season somewhat easier to swallow.

Redeemable?

We were 10-6 last year with most of the difference being several rental veterans that were let go. It could be argued we’re an off season away from being competitive again.

Let Tua progress and stay healthy, and there’s a lot that’s redeemable imo. The only albatrosses are Jones’ and Baker‘s contracts, and X will likely hold out again.

I’m serious as hell when I say this..

All us fans should get behind Tua.

What he’s doing in football context is extremely admirable and effective.

Back Tua and let’s expose these fools for what they are.

Yes. Take strength in the fact that we do have a lot of young talent on this team. We have a solid, accurate young QB to build around.
We are also set to have a mountain of cap space (66 million and possibly more depending on salary cap raise) next year to sign a lot of high-level talent.
This year is merely a speed bump. We had a year with a lowered salary cap (pretty sure for the first time ever) coupled with a ton of dead money from previous contracts.

Next year looks bright.

The season may be gone playoff wise, but I thought we were at best a 10-6 team anyway. 'That is not a reachable target now, but what is reachable is playing more Iggy, Doakes, Long etc just too what what they bring. I have no idea what they could do at WR and most are on IR at any one time, so I guess lets see what Merritt brings. I still like Hollins, and he is a pretty decent 4th WR. I would be hitting the trade window and see what a few certain players could bring...X, Kindley, Byron Jones,

Tuas kinda won me over this week honestly. Call me crazy but I see potential here.

Phillips and Holland look good. We really miss a healthy Raeqwan Davis hes gonna be a probowlee one day.

Waddle looks promising.

Everyone else needs to be replaced tho. The rest of the WRs are worthless, the RBs need to all be improved. The Oline is a pit of dispare except for maybe Deiter. The Corners cost way to much the linebackers are just average.

We have 5 good pieces to build around Tua, Waddle, Davis, Phillips and Holland.

Our Head Coach, currently is a disaster. He's got no credibility right now. The Watson rumors, three offensive coordinators, the team now going on Instagram and publicly backing Tua. Flores is a mess right now.

I'm a Myles Gaskin fan. Not as the bell cow, every down back, but that guy gives it his all and he produces when given the right amount of touches.
I'm keeping him around.
Also, I want Robert Hunt to have better coaching, to see what he can become. I'm not getting rid of him.
Sanders is staying.
I would add those three to the list.
The TE from BC we just drafted also gets time to prove himself.

It's all about Tua.
I was really impressed by Tua the past two weeks- in the sense that the jump he made in those two games, vs his performances from last year(Minus the Arizona game) was tremendous. He is becoming a night and day different player, and I want to see his arc for the season.
I don't know what his ceiling is, but I am very curious to see him come week 18(or whatever the hell it is this year)
I'm also dying to see how he does vs Buffalo this Sunday. I don't expect him to win- he doesn't have the talent around him, nor does he have the coaching support- but if he scores, say, 24...throws for 300+ with minimal mistakes- and he may have some, he's young, come on now...that will say a lot.
Very curious indeed.

Tuas kinda won me over this week honestly. Call me crazy but I see potential here.

Phillips and Holland look good. We really miss a healthy Raeqwan Davis hes gonna be a probowlee one day.

Waddle looks promising.

Everyone else needs to be replaced tho. The rest of the WRs are worthless, the RBs need to all be improved. The Oline is a pit of dispare except for maybe Deiter. The Corners cost way to much the linebackers are just average.

We have 5 good pieces to build around Tua, Waddle, Davis, Phillips and Holland.

Our Head Coach, currently is a disaster. He's got no credibility right now. The Watson rumors, three offensive coordinators, the team now going on Instagram and publicly backing Tua. Flores is a mess right now.

Just a reminder. Most players, even on top teams, are average. Except for elite players, all are 'incomplete.' That's why people are shocked when less-than-elite players get high contracts. They are hard to find. Some people don't understand that and post drivel like 'DVP wouldn't make the PS of another team.'
With that as background, Mia has a LOT of players who are average or better or have clear potential. Players like Ogbah, Wilkins, Davis, Phillips, Baker, X, Howard, Needham, Holland, Jones likely return. And that's just the D. The problem isn't overall lack of talent, but use of that talent. Mia has quite a few 'redeemable' players.

I think this season is now about evaluating players and coaches. Who are the keepers? Who keeps playing and who gives up?

Can the OC'S adjust? What about Flores with the defense? What happened there? Is the entire coaching staff replaceable?

I think Tua, Gesicki, Waddle, Gaskin (in a complementary role), Hunt and Eichenberg are keepers on offense. But as the OP mentioned, even Jackson should get playing time. Can he nail down guard?

More keepers on defense, but Miami has to remake the linebacker core and find a dominant front seven player.

Would be nice to sweep the Jets and Patriots, but after the Jacksonville loss I have doubts.

Last edited:
The rest of this season is all about Tua and developing the young players who have been drafted or signed as free agents the past few years.
The Dolphins will win a few more games but a 4 or 5 win season is about the best we can expect.
If Grier and Flores are still with the team if they only win 4 or 5 games, I will just give up on Ross ever getting it right while he is the owner.

Back
Top Bottom