Anything redeemable at this point? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anything redeemable at this point?

As deserving as all the criticism Grier has received he is hardly leaving the cupboard bare for the next GM, assuming he is canned this offseason. Tua, Waddle, and Gaskin are a trio you can build an offense around. Eichenberg is a keeper and will be starting at one of the tackle spots for a long time. And there are plenty of talented young players on that o-line, even if they've struggled to show it on the field.

Oddly enough the defense looks like the tougher side to rebuild even with all the resources that have been poured into it. But still there are some building blocks in Davis, Wilkins, and Holland.

There is a lot there to like. Of course everything depends on how you view Tua and what you think hes capable of.

i don't know if redeemable is the word to describe the following players, but i am looking forward to seeing:

Tua
Phillips
Waddle
Eich
Deiter
Gesicki
Holland
Long
Hunt
Wilkins
Raekwon

All develop and move forward in their careers for us.

XMan, Ogbah, and Sanders are studs.

Byron Jones is a solid veteran CB.

Don't know what's going on with Jerome Baker and Austin Jackson in 2021.

Rowe, Needham, Coleman, Elandon, Van Ginkel, Kindley, Jesse Davis, Smythe, Shaheen, Egu, Seiler, Butler, Jenkins, Wilson, Brandon Jones aren't inspiring the same feelings as the above list.

I like Myles Gaskin (and to a lesser extent Ahmed) but think we need clear upgrades.

Not mentioning Parker (who I love) because he can't stay on the field. Don't love Will Fuller (yet) can't stay on the field. Preston has talent but is still inconsistent.

I'm a Myles Gaskin fan. Not as the bell cow, every down back, but that guy gives it his all and he produces when given the right amount of touches.
I'm keeping him around.
Also, I want Robert Hunt to have better coaching, to see what he can become. I'm not getting rid of him.
Sanders is staying.
I would add those three to the list.
The TE from BC we just drafted also gets time to prove himself.
I really was hoping to see Gaskin have a good game in London- not sure what happened but he had a really bad game.

The rest of this season is all about Tua and developing the young players who have been drafted or signed as free agents the past few years.
The Dolphins will win a few more games but a 4 or 5 win season is about the best we can expect.
If Grier and Flores are still with the team if they only win 4 or 5 games, I will just give up on Ross ever getting it right while he is the owner.
To your point, I'm watching to see what players continue to play hard. With Gase, I thought Landry was the only player who didn't give up when it was obvious the season was lost.

Last year, the talk was that players would run through the wall for Flores. We aren't seeing that in 2021.

If that continues, hopefully Ross makes a coaching change.

Redeemable?

We were 10-6 last year with most of the difference being several rental veterans that were let go. It could be argued we’re an off season away from being competitive again.

Let Tua progress and stay healthy, and there’s a lot that’s redeemable imo. The only albatrosses are Jones’ and Baker‘s contracts, and X will likely hold out again.
U really think X will hold out again?

Tua looking like a keeper.

Gesicki continues to show he is one of the better receiving TEs in Football.

Waddle has still a bit to go to be considered a great pick by Miami, but still has looked like a consistent workhorse at receiver for Tua.

I would start changing it for the future. Put Kindley and the rookie Jones in put Hunt out to RT. Then I would be rotating in fa rookie running backs. That's the offense. Then I look at the inside linebacker position and improve run support. Punter and wide receiver has my attention. Waive Wison

i don't know if redeemable is the word to describe the following players, but i am looking forward to seeing:

Tua
Phillips
Waddle
Eich
Deiter
Gesicki
Holland
Long
Hunt
Wilkins
Raekwon

All develop and move forward in their careers for us.

XMan, Ogbah, and Sanders are studs.

Byron Jones is a solid veteran CB.

Don't know what's going on with Jerome Baker and Austin Jackson in 2021.

Rowe, Needham, Coleman, Elandon, Van Ginkel, Kindley, Jesse Davis, Smythe, Shaheen, Egu, Seiler, Butler, Jenkins, Wilson, Brandon Jones aren't inspiring the same feelings as the above list.

I like Myles Gaskin (and to a lesser extent Ahmed) but think we need clear upgrades.

Not mentioning Parker (who I love) because he can't stay on the field. Don't love Will Fuller (yet) can't stay on the field. Preston has talent but is still inconsistent.

I like a lot of those guys as pieces/rotational. Needham, Jones, Seiler, Egu are keepers. One of either Butler/Jenkins. Kindley . . . I'd like to see more of him. They may move on as better replacements are found, but they are good in their roles and reduce the need for a complete tear down/rebuild. Actually, I can make the case 10-12 new faces would help the team a LOT

The season may be gone playoff wise, but I thought we were at best a 10-6 team anyway. 'That is not a reachable target now, but what is reachable is playing more Iggy, Doakes, Long etc just too what what they bring. I have no idea what they could do at WR and most are on IR at any one time, so I guess lets see what Merritt brings. I still like Hollins, and he is a pretty decent 4th WR. I would be hitting the trade window and see what a few certain players could bring...X, Kindley, Byron Jones,
I would trade shaheed or Smythe so we can get Long on the field. Doesn’t matter what they fetch.

I like a lot of those guys as pieces/rotational. Needham, Jones, Seiler, Egu are keepers. One of either Butler/Jenkins. Kindley . . . I'd like to see more of him. They may move on as better replacements are found, but they are good in their roles and reduce the need for a complete tear down/rebuild. Actually, I can make the case 10-12 new faces would help the team a LOT
that second assortment (needham etc.) don't get my toes tingling like the first group (tua, waddle).

that's why i didn't include them.

I felt 2022 was the year Miami would become ultra competitive and challenge for the division and perhaps more. But was not expecting the implosion we fans have gotten in 2021. It takes time and experience for most young teams to hit their stride. I don't see that so far in 2021. It may take more time?

Whether its do to coaching, lack of player development, perhaps even lack of talent. The team is floundering into the abyss. Flores hasn't endeared himself to players and coaches alike and seemingly has alienated himself. Grier gambled with several draft selections and trades that haven't paid dividends. Then there's the lack of urgency with regards to the RB and LB positions, leaving voids in those groups, that leaves Miami at a disadvantage on game days.

I'm not sure any of this is redeemable? The selections of many of the offensive linemen are absolutely blowing up in Griers face. None of them seem to be able to doing anything particularly well. Although over the last few games there's been some improvements, it doesn't seem enough.

Its been tough to watch. But am encouraged by the play of Tua. Over the last two games he's shown to be very good. Inspite of his interceptions, he's moved the offense under tremendous pressure and adversity. He just needs better blocking from his linemen. You see flashes, but nothing consistent, from the guys up front.

The entire WR unit outside of Waddle has been atrocious. Although Parker played well, when not injured. Gesicki has been excellent when they use him. Which leads to the question, why haven't they used him more?

Can't keep making excuses for the defense. What a difference a year makes. I guess they just suck. Plsin and simple. No other way to put it. Their not making plays!!!

Nothing seems redeemable at this point. Gotta take the lumps, Miami has put themselves in position to warrant.

Back
Top Bottom