Anything redeemable at this point? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anything redeemable at this point?

Tua is showing that he's a little more than a dink and dunk game manager...

If he's lucky enough to last what should be a culling, he could be a little better than Teddy Bridgewater aka solid starter.

I say keep the stadium and the new practice facilities.

The season is lost so to me it's the youth gaining more experience for better or worse...yes even Austin Jackson.

Outside of that if we can sweep the Jets (not confident) and Patriots (I doubt it) it would at least make this season somewhat easier to swallow.
Tua is our future QB
Hunter Long and Gesicki are our future TE's
Kindley and Austin Jax improve at guard.
Jesse Davis is nothing more than a backup
Iggy improves to at least a decent depth CB
phillips gets at least 30 snaps per game and continues to improve
we realize we need a new defensive scheme and have only 1 OC
we realize we need a new punter.

if we find out and get about 1/2 of this list i will at least be a little bit happier

Tua is showing that he's a little more than a dink and dunk game manager...

If he's lucky enough to last what should be a culling, he could be a little better than Teddy Bridgewater aka solid starter.
It pains you that he's starting to develop, huh?

It hurts.

As deserving as all the criticism Grier has received he is hardly leaving the cupboard bare for the next GM, assuming he is canned this offseason. Tua, Waddle, and Gaskin are a trio you can build an offense around. Eichenberg is a keeper and will be starting at one of the tackle spots for a long time. And there are plenty of talented young players on that o-line, even if they've struggled to show it on the field.

Oddly enough the defense looks like the tougher side to rebuild even with all the resources that have been poured into it. But still there are some building blocks in Davis, Wilkins, and Holland.

There is a lot there to like. Of course everything depends on how you view Tua and what you think hes capable of.
Well said. I have mixed feelings on Grier.

Now, he has some significant misses with Jackson, Iggy and Harris all first rounders. Maybe Jackson or Iggy develop, but they are closing in on bust status.

But agree, the cupboard is far from bare. The talent level is better than when the rebuild started. I see Tua, Gesicki, Waddle, Gaskin, Hunt and Eichenberg as keepers on offense. Maybe Deiter. On defense, there's Wilkins, Davis, Phillips, Holland and Brandon Jones.

Balance that with some vets and a good draft and maybe it's a quick turnaround.

Redeemable?

We were 10-6 last year with most of the difference being several rental veterans that were let go. It could be argued we’re an off season away from being competitive again.

Let Tua progress and stay healthy, and there’s a lot that’s redeemable imo. The only albatrosses are Jones’ and Baker‘s contracts, and X will likely hold out again.
It seems like last year we caught every break and this year we can't catch a break.

Yes we could be 0-7 right now. But we could easily be 4-3. The difference between good and bad is minimal which is why coaching/play calling are so important.

No. It isn’t salvageable.

Not with this sorry ass coaching staff and owner.

Not when they cut the knees out from under a young QB who played his heart out for us the other day, only to hear DW rumors intensify.

Calling it as it is, this team is wasted. Only way out is if the FO is vacated, or the team says **** it and plays beyond the coaching staff…..

…which they may

Gaskin is a third string player. This team is so bad we're looking at guys like Gaskin and trying to find some MacGyver Tetris factors in which they are actually hidden gems.

It seems like last year we caught every break and this year we can't catch a break.

Yes we could be 0-7 right now. But we could easily be 4-3. The difference between good and bad is minimal which is why coaching/play calling are so important.

Agree. Too many here keep complaining this team is 'AWFUL.' While it isn't playing well and there are obvious weaknesses, it seems most here are beginning to realize the importance of coaching - H, OC, DC, assts.

Redeemable?

We were 10-6 last year with most of the difference being several rental veterans that were let go. It could be argued we’re an off season away from being competitive again.

Let Tua progress and stay healthy, and there’s a lot that’s redeemable imo. The only albatrosses are Jones’ and Baker‘s contracts, and X will likely hold out again.

We were not a good 10-6 team. Context of the wins matters. Ill admit I started to drink the kool aid after being told so many times YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS, but I noted several times that:

A) We only beat very bad teams and/or teams missing a lot of players.

B) The way we won was not sustainable. You can't rely on defensive and special teams scores, face mask hail mary plays and so forth as a recipe to consistently win games.

I dont think we are super far away either, but 10-6 was a lot of luck we aren't getting this season and it shows.

Back
Top Bottom