AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup

We do not know what Brian Gaine's philosophies are, how good he would be as a decision maker, or how his tenure would differ from Jeff Ireland's.

There is linkage between the two career-wise. It is a lineal continuation of the regime of mediocrity. The GM role (if it must be filled) HAS to be a new, fresh outsider role. The whole management structure of the team needs a change. NO "promote from within".

Ross couldn't watch? Maybe he is becoming a fan. It was easy to impatiently start flipping through channels even though I seem to love pain and had to tune back in for that last INT.

They were 8-6 but had left too much on the table all year. They were coming off a big high beating New England and with the remaining 2 games left any good team would finish 10-6. The Ravens could have finished their season strong and 10-6 wouldn't be enough to get in the playoffs. 10-6 would have been some kind of accomplishment though and something to build on. Jeez even the 9-7 wouldn't be nearly as bad.

The way this season ended can't be tolerated. It's not just this 2 games alone, you combine this with all the screw ups and it's pretty clear heads need to roll!!!

There is linkage between the two career-wise.

In that they both work for the Dolphins? Yeah. Martin Mayhew worked for Matt Millen and even though I wouldn't say he's done a great job, he's been a hell of a lot better than Matt Millen.

Anyway, here's my prediction for the rumored "Thursday announcement" :

1. Ireland fired
2. Sherman out
3. Brian Gaine or Eric Mangini is the new GM of the Miami Dolphins
4. Philbin retained

No effing clue who the new OC will be, but I feel pretty confident that Mike Sherman won't be coming back for a third year.

In that they both work for the Dolphins? Yeah. Martin Mayhew worked for Matt Millen and even though I wouldn't say he's done a great job, he's been a hell of a lot better than Matt Millen.

Anyway, here's my prediction for the rumored "Thursday announcement" :

1. Ireland fired
2. Sherman out
3. Brian Gaine or Eric Mangini is the new GM of the Miami Dolphins
4. Philbin retained

No effing clue who the new OC will be, but I feel pretty confident that Mike Sherman won't be coming back for a third year.

I understand this is what you think will happen and not what you want but anything with Philbin back is EPIC FAIL. Hes over his head. Ross trying to sell him back to fans buying tickets should be hilarity. Whats the slogan "More of the same in 14!"

I understand this is what you think will happen and not what you want but anything with Philbin back is EPIC FAIL. Hes over his head. Ross trying to sell him back to fans buying tickets should be hilarity. Whats the slogan "More of the same in 14!"

This is what I think is going to happen. Just based on the chatter I've heard and the totality of the situation, that's my best guess.

Personally, I'd be really upset if we brought in Eric Mangini, but my guess is we're going to be stuck with him.

The problem that I have with this version of events is that you act as if Philbin is not a participant in building this roster. Philbin had every opportunity to go to Ireland and tell him he needed this offensive lineman or that offensive lineman this offseason. He had every opportunity to say he didn't want to draft Dion Jordan and would have preferred a tackle in the draft. He had every chance to say he didn't agree with cutting Dansby and Burnett and signing Wheeler and Ellerbe. You can't plausibly argue that Jeff Ireland went against Joe Philbin on every decision. There is just no way that happened. Do you think Ireland let Reggie Bush walk without Philbin agreeing with the decision? You don't think Philbin had a hand in trading Vontae Davis and Brandon Marshall?

Well heres the deal. Im the boss and you work for me,you come to me with suggestions,and I take them under advisement,but ULTIMATELY I make the call and the decision and do what I think is right and will keep MY job. This equals IRELAND.

In other words,he is the ultimate decision maker,I dont know what Philbin came to him and said,who he wanted to keep and who he wanted gone,nor does anyone here for that matter. But again,it falls back on Ireland,its his job,his ultimate decision to do what is right and keep and trade who is right for the team,and its his JOB,IRELAND on the line !

And I am going from, also past experiences even before Philbin was here,way before when he released Welker,who when we released I was po;ed about because I could even see his talent when he was here,but Ireland has released so many good players its not even funny,and again,way many before Philbin even arrived !

Thats why the coach is'nt the GM in the Dolphins organization,other places you have the coach being the GM as well,and many timmes you see yhe problem of a coach/GM making bad personel decisions,in that case,yeah,you can blame the coach/GM, but here,ultimately the coach may want/request someone,who's to say he didnt want offensive linemen ? Who's to say he wanted this person or that,again,none of us know,maybe he did want different guys and Ireland thought otherwise. Again,ULTIMATELY,IRELANDS jub is to make the final personel decisions,and if it was just this year or the last couple,I could see your point,but he has done this for YEARS,again,way before PHILBIN and thus you see the pattern through the years of bad decisons and lateral moves

If Ross hired Eric Mangini to do anything there would be civil insurrection in the streets of Miami. It would be living, breathing proof that Ross is either incompetent on a scale unfathomable, even by his previous nadir, or is so uninformed that the Miami Dolphins are now the Tampa Bay Buccaneers under the ownership of Hugh Culverhouse!

If Ross hired Eric Mangini to do anything there would be civil insurrection in the streets of Miami. It would be living, breathing proof that Ross is either incompetent on a scale unfathomable, even by his previous nadir, or is so uninformed that the Miami Dolphins are now the Tampa Bay Buccaneers under the ownership of Hugh Culverhouse!

Get this: it's probably going to happen, there is nothing you can do about it, and there will be no rioting. There will be a lot of projectile vomiting, but I can't see anybody rioting over this ****ty team.

I strongly doubt Ross will hire Mangini. I can see him hiring Pioli as GM though.

Get this: it's probably going to happen, there is nothing you can do about it, and there will be no rioting. There will be a lot of projectile vomiting, but I can't see anybody rioting over this ****ty team.

You're right, no one cares enough to riot anymore. There is a feeling of inevitability to this situation that borders on the farcical. I was joking in another thread about how awful it must be to have a deep emotional connection to a team that only gives a pretense to the fiction they're trying to win, as bad as it is for the average Dolphins' fan, think of how bad it is for a Browns fan who sees last year's savior fired and the media talking about Josh McDaniel being interviewed for the job. It's insult piled on top of insult when a team gets rid of someone because they say he isn't doing the job, only to be interviewing guys that not only failed, but failed spectacularly elsewhere. The Browns thought Chud was a failure, so target an epic failure like Josh McDaniel to replace him. The Dolphins think Ireland or Philbin is a failure, so target Eric Mangini, one fired from not one, but 2 head coaching jobs or Scott Pioli, whose coaching hires include 2 of the worst head coaches in the NFL the last 10-years: Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel.

Back
Top Bottom